Supporter+

I’ve just had half an hour on our cross trainer it beeps when the half hour is up not that I needed it as I’m watching the minutes tick down as I exercise willing it to go faster.  The only thing that got me through was listening to my Rolling Stones playlist. I’m shattered now so a quick shower and a cup of coffee to revive me.

Anyone else keeping fit?

• Like 9

I am having regular short walks; I need to dig out the exercise bike from the garage and make use of it again. I usually try to do between 10–20 miles per day on it. Obviously, I aim trying work hard towards shaping myself up and dropping the weight I have gained.

• Like 9

i still get out on my bike around wollaton and beeston, sometimes i cycle to clifton too.

i have not done this much with it being colder, i rely on driving to further away places but i try to keep active in the exercise department.

• Like 9

Every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday morning, I go for a run that lasts about 2 to 3 miles. I also visit the gym after work on Wednesdays to stay fit. Regardless of the circumstances, I maintain this routine because it helps me stay focused.

• Like 7

My exercise nowadays consists of walking the dogs for a couple of miles in the morning and a game of golf most weekends. Hate gym work to be honest, did it a lot in my 20s but always found it boring, much preferred playing football, cricket and squash. My wife loves swimming, but I swim like someone drowning (probably because I nearly am) so avoid that like the plague!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I lead a very active life, working on my feet, so I don't really exercise. I've been a member of a nearby gym, but you get caught up with life and end up paying the fees for nothing.

• Like 4

I'm doing very gentle exercise due to my heart issues, but I am having more walks unaided now. I won't be jogging anywhere, unless I want to visit a hospital, but I am getting back to being active. The best thing is being able to enjoy the land I own. I can walk to a stream on the edge of my property and just sit watching the wildlife. It's one thing I don't miss about the UK.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 19/01/2024 at 10:43, Fan of Big Tone said:

I’ve just had half an hour on our cross trainer it beeps when the half hour is up not that I needed it as I’m watching the minutes tick down as I exercise willing it to go faster.  The only thing that got me through was listening to my Rolling Stones playlist. I’m shattered now so a quick shower and a cup of coffee to revive me.

Anyone else keeping fit?

Cross trainers and treadmills are sooooo boring.  I take my hat off to you for managing 30 minutes!!

I'm getting out about 4 times a week for a run, roughly 40 - 50km a week at the moment, but I am hoping to increase that as I start to get fit.  I also do a couple of gym sessions when I remember / can be bothered. I'm getting slower and slower though!! 

Edited by Ohh Tommy Johnson
  • Like 2

Supporter+
30 minutes ago, Ohh Tommy Johnson said:

Cross trainers and treadmills are sooooo boring.  I take my hat off to you for managing 30 minutes!!

I'm getting out about 4 times a week for a run, roughly 40 - 50km a week at the moment, but I am hoping to increase that as I start to get fit.  I also do a couple of gym sessions when I remember / can be bothered. I'm getting slower and slower though!! 

Blimey @Ohh Tommy Johnson that’s serious keep fit your doing. I’m guessing you’re quite a bit younger than me, I can just about manage the 5k park run on Saturday then it’s midweek walks and the odd 30 mins or so on cross trainer, exercise bike or rowing machine but the latter two give me a sore bum. :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Blimey @Ohh Tommy Johnson that’s serious keep fit your doing. I’m guessing you’re quite a bit younger than me, I can just about manage the 5k park run on Saturday then it’s midweek walks and the odd 30 mins or so on cross trainer, exercise bike or rowing machine but the latter two give me a sore bum. :biggrin:

I'm 55. In my youth I used to race my cycle with Long Eaton CC (and Southwell CC before that). I played hockey too, but a couple of serious back injuries gave me a forced 15 years off exercise.  My wife became ill with Motor Neurones Disease in 2013, so I made a decision to stay fit to look after my daughters... I have managed to roughly achieve that, notwithstanding multiple injuries, and found I enjoyed running and was moderately OK at it.  I hate marathons though, I just can't work them out!

• Like 2

Supporter+
58 minutes ago, Ohh Tommy Johnson said:

I'm 55. In my youth I used to race my cycle with Long Eaton CC (and Southwell CC before that). I played hockey too, but a couple of serious back injuries gave me a forced 15 years off exercise.  My wife became ill with Motor Neurones Disease in 2013, so I made a decision to stay fit to look after my daughters... I have managed to roughly achieve that, notwithstanding multiple injuries, and found I enjoyed running and was moderately OK at it.  I hate marathons though, I just can't work them out!

Well done on all the exercising, I think we should now know you as Mr. Motivator. 😂

I’m 71 and I didn’t take up running until 2012 when my son died, I started with Couch25k as a distraction to help my mental health, I really enjoy the park runs but have got slower over the years now I’m just happy to finish, currently I do it in around 34 minutes. I’m hoping to join the Octogenarian park runners when the time comes. My brother died aged 55 of a stroke I was determined not to die young, I try to exercise as much as my body allows and eat healthily which is important too. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

When I was working I was a HGV 2 multi drop delivery driver. I used to walk average 4 to 5 miles a shift plus the lifting which gave me plenty of exercise.

Since retiring I try to aim for 4 miles a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. Since retiring in just under a year I'm approaching 1000 miles on my pedometer. Just shows how far we do walk even in everyday living.

Just doing weekly shopping one can walk 1.5 to 2 miles going round the iles.

• Like 3

Being at college and having a part-time job means I do a lot of walking, which is my excuse for exercise. If you spoke to my parents, they would say I get enough just by talking. So, this is really a win-win situation.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Robbie said:

When I was working I was a HGV 2 multi drop delivery driver. I used to walk average 4 to 5 miles a shift plus the lifting which gave me plenty of exercise.

Since retiring I try to aim for 4 miles a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. Since retiring in just under a year I'm approaching 1000 miles on my pedometer. Just shows how far we do walk even in everyday living.

Just doing weekly shopping one can walk 1.5 to 2 miles going round the iles.

I don't - I get mine delivered so the only walking I do is to the front door.  It does save me a packet though!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ohh Tommy Johnson said:

I don't - I get mine delivered so the only walking I do is to the front door.  It does save me a packet though!

I used to deliver to the Supermarkets & Supermarket lites.

• Like 2

I cycle to and from work, Monday to Friday, as well as having a physical job it keeps me active and fit. My journey to and from work is 3 miles, takes me about 20-25 mins to cycle there and about 20 mins cycle back. Of course, it's quicker getting home from work than it is getting to work 🤣

My Wife bought me a smart band for Christmas which allows me to connect to my Huwawei Health app which has allowed me to start logging my activities like cycling and walking which I do quite often. I link this to my Strava account and enter challenges to win prizes.

• Like 2

Supporter+
13 hours ago, KB1862 said:

My Wife bought me a smart band for Christmas which allows me to connect to my Huwawei Health app which has allowed me to start logging my activities like cycling and walking which I do quite often. I link this to my Strava account and enter challenges to win prizes.

I’ve got a Fitbit on which I can log my exercises like runs, walks, elliptical etc., it does help with motivation and encouragement, I did have it linked to Strava but it seems to have dropped that link and I can’t make it work now.

• Like 1

Supporter+

Exercising the right way.

6F158022-050A-48CF-AA08-F2ACA94A5642.jpeg

• Like 1