Supporter+

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,487
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Another great addition by Notts.

Rod McDonald will bolster our defensive options. Rod has plenty of experience which he will be able to bring to bear next season.

Notts are certainly serious about fighting for promotion next season by having a good strong squad which we were lacking last season.

Exciting times for Notts. Let's see at least two more additions, a defensive midfielder and a right wing back would do just nicely 

• Like 12

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

@Robbie When I saw the title of this Topic.

I had to look twice, and make sure it was Rod McDonald and Not Ron McDonald. I thought you were having a Little Joke with us. Another tick in the Defence Box. Hope he also has Leadership Qualities.

• Like 7

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

He's another left footed player so I suppose it puts Kyle Cameron further down the pecking order.

Notts are certainly putting together a strong defensive squad with plenty of options.

The defensive area was certainly a problem for Notts last season, but they are certainly putting that right on paper.

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

I’m delighted with the acquisition of the seasoned Rod McDonald. It’s encouraging to see the club persistently augmenting the squad and signing players for a fee to bring in that additional calibre.

• Like 13
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  102

I’m thrilled to learn about Rod McDonald joining our team at Notts County. His extensive EFL experience and adaptability will undoubtedly strengthen our defence. It’s clear from his previous tenures at clubs such as Northampton, Coventry, and Crewe that he contributes not only skill but also a victorious mindset.

It will be intriguing to observe how the Coach employs his defensive prowess and his knack for initiating play from the back. Our defence line will certainly profit from his leadership and guidance on the pitch. Moreover, having a player who has weathered the storm and achieved promotions is always a positive impact on the squad. I’m eager to see what he can contribute this season!

• Like 8
  • Love 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

It’s a solid signing. Supporters should hold off on passing judgement about his age until they see his performance. He’s a skilled player who should complement our style of play well. Despite being 32, he doesn’t play like it, demonstrating a strong work ethic and stamina. The majority of fans seem optimistic about Rod McDonald’s arrival, as they should be. I hope he integrates smoothly and enhances our defence.

• Like 13

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  387

It’s a pleasure to welcome Rod McDonald to Notts. I’m delighted that we’ve further bolstered our defence. I’m hopeful that we can add some more players to our midfield. It will be promising to see how the squad shapes up for the upcoming season.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  741
  • Days Won:  2

Every successful team has a touch of experience in their ranks, and with the departure of Jim O’Brien, it seems crucial to recruit someone who has previously achieved promotion and brings that experience. Welcome to San Sirrel, also known as Meadow Lane, Rod McDonald.

• Like 10

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Two time promotion winner eh? Let’s hope it’ll be three time after the upcoming season. 🤞 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  373

Well, he’s joining a team that has a recent and robust promotion season under their belt. Rod McDonald is another player who has tasted promotion, joining a squad that defied the odds to reach League One. Here’s hoping he can add a third promotion to his tally.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  145

Rod McDonald brings numerous positive qualities to the club. He’s a competent player and his experience will be beneficial at this level. I extend a warm welcome to him at Meadow Lane and hope he acclimatises well.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

Really pleased with the signing of Rod McDonald. His background speaks volumes, having played for such diverse teams and bringing a wealth of experience. Notts County clearly sees the value he adds, not just defensively but also as a leader. His involvement in two promotions and being named Player of the Season for Crewe underscores his calibre. Eager to see how his presence will elevate our performance this season.

• Like 6

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  2

Fantastic signing by Notts County! McDonald’s experience and skills will strengthen our defence!

• Like 5

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,518
  • Days Won:  9

Welcome to Meadow Lane, Rod McDonald. He seems to be an outstanding addition to the squad. Once the pre-season kicks off, it will be interesting to see which players make the starting line-up and who might be on the bench. It’s good to see that the defence is the primary focus early on!

• Like 5

Supporter+
32 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

Good but would have preferred O'Connor

Just being greedy!

I see your point, and O'Connor looks a decent player, but Notts reckon Rod is a good player, so I'm pleased he's signed for us.

Notts may also think that Rod will fit well into our system too.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

he looks to be a great signing with a lot of experience and right characteristics which makes him very important for pushing for promotion. i think the media team might be over doing it a little, but no doubts its a great signing and i understand that they are after people to buy season tickets/excite us fans.

i already am excited about the new season!

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I believe we were previously interested in Rod McDonald a few years ago, but I am not sure if that was serious. He's a good player, comfortable on the ball and copes with pressure. I am very pleased we have signed him, as he doesn't seem to have aged yet and should have a few good seasons left in him.

Yes, he's only 32-years-old, but I have seen some fans concerned about that and I don't think it's an issue. He's a bright and alert defender, who should help us improve defensively.

• Like 3

Supporter+

@Chris

If Rod can do a job for Notts for a couple of seasons and help Notts to get promotion, it will be money well spent. 

I just believe that Rod is just the kind of player we needed. If it is true, that he is calm on the ball that's exactly what we need, especially after what we saw last season.

If Notts can stem the goals against by around 35 goals, compared to last season, Notts are promoted.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  282
  • Days Won:  1

He appears to be a sturdy addition to the team. Notts are constructing what seems to be a very equitable and balanced side. The defensive reinforcements, such as Rod McDonald, are greatly appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Love 1