Pride of Nottingham: Update June 2024

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm very grateful to all the members who've kept PON updated during the off-season. When things are quiet, it's crucial to keep plugging away, and those interactions really count when it comes to the times when fans start getting excited about the upcoming season. With pre-season on the horizon, I'm putting in the graft to get everything back up to scratch, all the while making sure I'm organised so that we don't have a repeat in the future.

We're still working on sprucing up the users' post area, which will bring in some handy information and show various details about a poster, like their age if they've got that enabled. Their post count, reputation and more. The post count will also show up on handheld devices, which is a nice touch when you're seeing who's shared a comment.

On top of this, I'm putting together a FAQ page which should provide answers to questions that some members might not know about.

A good number of Notts Alumni's have been written and are waiting for final proofing. I'll be getting back to publishing these for Sunday reads.

The Pride of Nottingham PONcast is also making a comeback, with episodes yet to be scheduled but work is underway to bring back our popular talk show podcast. We'd like members of the community to get involved, by sharing their thoughts in an audio format. Calls can be made at a stage to me, which I'll produce into episodes to give us that fan element.

Lastly, I'm chuffed to say we've got some team openings. I'm keen to beef up the content side of PON again, by publishing fan-written opinions. But it's not just that, we're also on the lookout for volunteers who'd help with researching tasks, graphic design and joining our social media team.

Check out our openings on the link below.

https://prideofnottingham.co.uk/openings/

Cheers to all the members!

Pride of Nottingham Team,
Chris

• Like 16
  • Love 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

i am not only excited about the season ahead for us, but everything that is happening on pon. we have a great community, with many regular posters and general members who make it such a fun site to be a part of.

@Chris its great to have you back, your passion and love for the club is shinning.

i am looking forward to reading more fan written articles, those always are of quality. @TheSkipper, @Simon Clark are excellent writers. not just then but everyone who has contributed to date.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

The Pride of Nottingham is a real blessing for us Notts supporters. I value the hard work everyone puts in, and I must say, I read all the articles that are published. I reckon I should make a point of visiting the discussions a bit more often. It seems like there are some thrilling changes on the horizon.

• Like 9

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  2

Cheers for the update, it’s smashing to see the content back on PON and social media.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Thanks for all the hard work @Chris I’m looking forward to seeing PoN go from strength to strength.

• Like 8

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,516
  • Days Won:  9

I’d put myself forward to moderate, but I reckon it might be a commitment that my schedule wouldn’t permit. I do hope PON has success in finding folks to take on these roles, as they’re bound to make a significant impact.

• Like 7

It's all very flexible, but I understand that not everyone will have time.

Members and people outside the site are welcome to apply. I don't expect it to be easy to find people, but I do feel it important that anyone interested should apply. The primary focus is on the global moderators and writers. Yet each position would make a significant difference.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  184
  • Days Won:  0

It’s all very encouraging to read about, I believe PON will go from strength to strength. It’s firmly rooted in a love for the club, and that passion really says a lot. The aim is to get sensible fans involved and interacting. There’s already a broad presence, which is quite impressive. I’m eager to lend a hand with the structure and organisation of the site.

Volunteering for something that’s important and you’re passionate about can make a world of difference.

• Like 7

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Thanks for the update Chris and it is great news that the site is advertising to expand & strengthen the PON team.

The PON site is going from strength to strength and I am so pleased to be part of it.

On a personal note, I am very happy at this time to contribute to the site in posting updated sports news, & general topics that may be of interest to PON members & visitors.

Just a thank you to Chris & his team for making this site what it is. Long may it continue.

• Like 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  1

Solid update, I wish the site all the best with expanding the team and I value the efforts of everyone involved. I’m keen to see future enhancements to both the site and team.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Great to see things are continuing to improve. The FAQs should really help; new members should find them useful. I'm looking forward to seeing PON have its best season yet.

• Like 5

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Excellent updates, Boss! I’m confident that any alterations will prove beneficial and I’m eager to witness the growth of the site. Ideally, we could benefit from an additional one or two moderators and hopefully, individuals will step up for these roles. We have some fantastic members in our community who might be able to assist.

• Like 4

We no longer have a need for applicants for the global moderator position. All the required spaces have been filled, which I’m pleased to announce.

Therefore, the application for the open positions is now closed.

Please join me in welcoming @Fan of Big Tone and @Piethagoram to the team. Tony will be advancing from a site support role, and Piethagoram will be assisting in keeping the site running smoothly. I’m grateful to both of them for stepping forward and offering their time to help PON.

Please note that the application for the open positions is now closed.

A site support role will be posted shortly, outlining where a potential new team member might be able to assist with. Once again, this will be handled within our openings and application system.

No previous experience would be required.

• Like 9

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

Congratulations on dedicating your time to improve PON by taking on the role of moderators. It’s great to see two familiar faces, @Fan of Big Tone and @Piethagoram, stepping into these roles. Best of luck to both of you.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  628

Thank you for taking the time to help make PON the great place it is.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It’s hard to imagine two more suitable individuals to take on the roles of global moderators within our community. It’s a brilliant sight to see, and I’m over the moon to witness the team expanding. A warm welcome to the team, @Piethagoram, and at last, you’re back where you truly belong, @Fan of Big Tone.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

Best of luck to the pair of you stepping up to further assist this wonderful website. Well done to both of you, and do keep up the high standards, won’t you?

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  494

Websites indeed require strong teams, and bringing on additional members when necessary can be a real boon. So, hats off to @Piethagoram and @Fan of Big Tone. It’s heartening to see two individuals step up just when PON needs assistance the most.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Thanks everyone I’m honoured to be helping @chris and the rest of the team in any way I can by making this site the No. 1 go to for Notts fans.

• Like 5

• liampie unfeatured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

I’ve put my hat [crown] in the ring for the Graphic Designer position. I have a solid understanding of Photoshop, although my design skills can be a bit sporadic. However, I’m eager and willing to contribute. If selected, I look forward to assisting in this role. 👍

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

@KingMaynard Would you please apply again? Unfortunately, you didn't agree to the rules/code of conduct.

I hate to come across as picky, but it's very important that I only accept people who agree to it via the openings. I don't want to discourage you, and I realise you might have missed it, but unfortunately submissions can't be edited. They must be re-done, so if you choose to apply again and ensure to agree to these rules and code of conduct then I would be more than happy to take you up on your offer of help.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

• Content Count:  3,009

Please reapply if you are still interested, @KingMaynard! You hadn’t put your age, and the agreement to our policies wasn’t ticked. We have to reject the application based on those grounds. It doesn’t matter how old you are, as long as you are old enough to volunteer without parental approval.

• Like 1