Macca to Millwall?

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Macca is much more than being the best striker in league 2. Notts have a player who has a phenomenal work rate.

Macca never stops running and we see him all over the pitch. He regularly has two players marking him, giving space to other Notts players.

In and around the penalty area, Macca is taking all the attention toward himself and allows other Notts attackers to ghost into the penalty area unnoticed.

This has been a feature for the last two seasons. Langstaff is much more to Notts than just an outstanding striker. He's an outstanding team man too.

• Like 6

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

I’m interested to see how things develop. Macaulay Langstaff will undoubtedly have a price tag, and Notts has its own aspirations. If Notts can retain him for this season, I believe we have a solid chance at promotion. However, finding his replacement through our recruitment process shouldn’t be too difficult. Let’s wait and see what transpires. Apparently, the chief scout on X has confirmed the bid. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

• Like 10

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  140
  • Days Won:  0

Macaulay Langstaff is a refreshing presence, a born striker that the club has been on the lookout for years. At last, Notts has a gifted striker who could make a significant mark if he stays for a few more seasons. However, I recognise that at his age, he will have his own aspirations.

• Like 6

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Days Won:  54

3 hours ago, Robbie said:

This has been a feature for the last two seasons. Langstaff is much more to Notts than just an outstanding striker. He's an outstanding team man too.

Just kind of following on from this, it’s funny when I hear a few opinions about Macca and they almost down play how good he is because he scores so many from close range and because we create good chances. I guess it generates a sort of illusion that anyone could do what he does.

But he’s always in the right place, his ability to create half a yard and anticipate where the ball will land is no fluke. He’s just got it, it’s natural for him. We’ve had countless strikers over the years who you could spend ages and ages coaching and they still wouldn’t get the goals Macca can.

I've seen a few more stories today, one saying Macca is "expected to leave before the window closes". Maybe he will but I wouldn't be as confident as some of these journalists are. No mention of Macca being asked of course, in the last actual interview with him he said how proud he was to be named captain and how he's looking forward to leading the team next season... 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  3,449
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Some fans might downplay Macaulay Langstaff’s skills. It’s a combination of their frustration over his potential departure and their attempts to mislead others. But we know he’s top-class. Anyone who truly doubts that doesn’t understand what Langstaff brings to the pitch. People often talk about Paul Mullin, but Langstaff is the complete striker. He does a lot of work off the ball. I’m hoping we can keep him. We say this every season, but if we manage to get promoted to League One, it could change everything.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

• Content Count:  493
  • Days Won:  1

Every player has a value, and they all eventually move on. I understand the fondness for Macaulay Langstaff. He’s an excellent player at our level and also a genuinely nice person. However, the club needs to seriously consider any offers and take into account his role in the team. Since he’s been given the captain’s armband, I can’t quite envision him leaving just yet, and I suspect this will lead Notts to reject most offers. It might take an irresistible offer to change things. But let’s not get too upset about it. A new player will arrive, and it will give another player the opportunity to step into the spotlight.

• Like 6

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

We’ll have to become accustomed to the speculation. The club and Stuart Maynard need to manage this effectively to avoid unsettling the players. I’m confident that we have players who are fully committed to Notts. I’m not suggesting that Macaulay Langstaff would be upset if offers aren’t accepted. However, it’s something we need to be ready for and understand. Also, the fear of losing key players shouldn’t be the same as it was under previous owners. We’re recruiting well now. Cal Roberts is the perfect example. Fans were concerned he might leave, they didn’t want him to move on, but he did, and now we’re a stronger team because of it.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  525
  • Days Won:  1

Well, it could be similar to what happened with Luke Williams. It didn’t seem like he would be leaving until it actually happened. These things sometimes take a while, and just because there’s silence, it doesn’t mean something isn’t happening.

There could be more to this, or there might not be. I believe Notts will be able to find a striker who can score goals, but finding someone with Macaulay Langstaff’s ability and potential is less likely. That doesn’t mean we can’t find a good striker to step into his shoes. I just hope we can keep him because with him, I believe we could reach the Championship one day before he retires.

• Like 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

im hoping that the bid gets rejected and notts does not give the story any explanation, as this would send a strong message to clubs. by acknowledging it, i think it might tempt other offers, especially if clubs have a rough idea how much millwall actually bidded.

i am seeing people quoting 400k on facebook, all the reports i have read either dont mention it or say its £2million.

• Like 2

Supporter+

If this is true Notts could accept the bid. £2.6 million is a fair amount.

• Sad 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I take accounts like this with a pinch of salt, as most care about likes rather than being factual and honest.

If they have uppered their bid, it might make things more tempting - issue be, Notts may be able to attract higher off and deter the sale for now. I am included to think there's something to it, but will await to see if anything does happen.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Supporter+

@Chris I would rather Notts reject all the bids and keep Macca at least another season so he can help us get promoted.

• Love 1

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,291
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

That was the same account that said Stevenage were interested. Stevenage couldn't afford his right boot, never mind a whole Macaulay Langstaff. It's also the same account that said Derby were interested. The same Derby that have just signed Jerry Yates and Kayden Jackson.

They've only paid 2 million in the past 5 years once and that was for Kevin Nisbet. Zian Flemming's deal was 1.7 million rising to over 2 million. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Clubs were always going to be want to sign Macca, but actually being able to do it is another thing. We are in a very strong position and clubs that seriously want him will have to pay a high price.

I don't think the figure is right either, they'll only be a handful of people at Millwall with this sort of info so it's incredibly unlikely a random twitter account has access to it!

• Like 3

Supporter+

Oh no, so it looks like Macca is on his way out.

• Sad 1

Supporter+

It looks like Macca is going for just a six figure fee.£700,000.

Three strange decisions by Notts during the last week or so.

If the fee is less than a £million, what is Notts up to, the talk was £2.7 million?

• Like 1

Supporter+

@Super_Danny_Allsopp

Agree, at that price it's giving Macca away. If it's true, what are Notts playing at? Jodi is worth more than that.

Posted (edited)

No idea how they’ve been able to report a fee, I can’t imagine anyone official has actually told this guy. Zero chance it’s come from Notts and even from Millwall, that would just be incredibly unprofessional. Got to be guess work surely!?

I hope the whole potential transfer isn’t true and no-one else is reporting anything yet, so that gives me a bit more hope. Pete O’Rouke has posted a few things now, so if he is well wrong people will start to pay less attention to what he posts.

I did see in the article it said; “Notts County had been keen to keep Langstaff at the club, but they have been under pressure to sell him for a while as his performances have gained many admirers”. We know we're under no pressure to sell so that’s just a load of rubbish.

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Supporter+

@menzinho I hope you're right 

• Content Count:  13

£700,000 upfront (with the possibility of more in the future) is a huge amount for a club at our level. We're 5 weeks out from the start of the season and 8 weeks out from the transfer deadline. Obviously I'm very sad to see Langstaff go, but I'm very confident we can land a replacement with funds like that and still have probably significant money leftover to invest elsewhere.

• Like 3

Supporter+

£700K is not even covering the cost of the Nest, which was around £1million.

£700K is just not enough for such a quality player 

• Content Count:  13

This is from the statement released by the club when Roberts was sold in 2022 which I expect will be echoed when the Langstaff deal is announced today or tomorrow. The money will be pumped back into the team.

"We have always made it clear that revenue from player sales will be reinvested in the squad and have already commenced dialogue with our head coach, Luke Williams, to assess the impact of Callum’s departure and how it may affect our ongoing recruitment plans."

We also have to think strategically about the long-term image of the club to prospective signings. This is presumably a life-changing deal for Macca: he'll earn enough to buy himself a nice house and have enough in savings to make him comfortable for the rest of his life. We shouldn't stand in the way of that, and it's no small thing being able to say to prospective players "this is a great place to play, and if you develop well and we get a good offer, you'll be able to set yourself up for life."

• Like 2

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,291
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

If this does happen I will cry and then I'll get my pre-prepared Twitter thread up for replacements. Only when it is confirmed he's sold

• Like 3