• 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

My hero 💕 thanks @Piethagoram

• Like 8
  • Love 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

he sounded like a great player not just for notts but for every team he played for. the strikers he played with here tho, that was a quality lineup.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

• liampie featured this topic

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,518
  • Days Won:  9

Hateley is indeed one of Notts’ finest strikers, standing shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Tommy Lawton, Jackie Sewell, and Les Bradd. Much like them, Hateley had the knack of scoring not just with his feet, but also with his head. Truly a remarkable player!

• Like 12

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,897
  • Days Won:  5

Tony Hateley is always remembered with affection. I enjoy learning about our club legends. It’s one of the reasons I was drawn to PON, as I never had the chance to see some of these fantastic players in action and video footage is scarce. Through the memories shared by fans who did witness their greatness, I can experience their legacy.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

• Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

worth the read if anyone has not already.

• Like 2
  • Love 8

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Thanks @liampie I did read it years ago but definitely worth another read.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Great servant for Notts, a talent that shined during his spells with us.

He started his career with us, which would have seen him being aligned with one of our best strike forces. My grandfather used to say he was one of the best headers of the ball, but was just as skilful with his feet. Unfortunately, he's another connected with potential head injuries considered to be increased due to him heading the ball. He suffered from Alzheimer's disease in his later years, such a saddening end to such a brilliant person.

An authentic legend of Notts County!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  2

He’s indeed a legend for Notts. I agree with the remarks about gaining knowledge of players like Tony Hateley through the recollections of fans who witnessed his brilliance.

• Like 7

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,487
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I was privileged to see him play when Tony returned to Notts and helped us gain promotion by winning the fourth division title 1970/71. What a great side that was. One of the highlights for me, Charlie Crickmore supplying Tony and Tony during the rest.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

Although it was before my era, I’m aware of what an exceptional player Tony Hateley was. His talent hasn’t been inherited by his family, but it’s nice to see that he had a grandson who carried on the family name.

• Like 6

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

He appeared to be a robust player with considerable strength, from what I’ve seen, and he had an amazing knack for scoring goals. I’ve read about Tony Hateley here and at Liverpool. I know he’s greatly admired by the Scousers, perhaps not as much as us, but he had a remarkable stint with Notts. His return worked out well, which is rare for good players. Even Ronaldo wasn’t as impressive during his second spell at Manchester United, but Hateley played for Notts as if he owed them something.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

Tony Hateley will always be remembered as a remarkable player for Notts. This club was like home to him, and he always fit right in when he wore our shirt. He’s an icon from the days when we had a formidable strike force.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,459
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Some of Notts’ older stars, like Tony Hateley, have left a significant mark on the club. From what I’ve read, Hateley was instrumental to Notts, scoring crucial goals and bolstering the team. His legacy will undoubtedly continue to influence the club, as highlighted in the Alumni article.

• Like 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,467
  • Days Won:  15

What made Tony Hateley such a great player was his hard-working attitude and how modest he was off the pitch. In those days, players seemed much more grateful to be professional footballers. He also learnt from some of the greatest players! He had two decent feet, was quick and powerful, and had an incredible shot. I remember some of his return towards the end of his career, but he was admired by many people I knew who supported Notts. He also had a great spell with Liverpool, whose fans loved him just as much as we did. A great traditional centre-forward.

• Like 1