Cameron to St Johnstone?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

Another potential outgoing? This time it's Kyle Cameron heading north of the border...

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/5031118/kyle-cameron-st-johnstone-notts-county/

• Like 7

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Is he going to battle for his starting position or depart to a team where he’s likely to be a regular starter? It hinges on how earnest St Johnstone is, but it would be logical. If he stays here, I hope he can demonstrate to everyone that he’s a competent player and would thrive with the right teammates. If he departs, I hope the transfer fee is justified and will be used to recruit another centre-back.

• Like 6

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It really wouldn't surprise me if Kyle Cameron doesn't leave, although I am seeing comments from St Johnstone fans which suggest they are a very defensive-focused team already. Which makes you wonder how this potential move would fit, would they see him more as an attacking minded defender?

For all the sticks Cameron gets, he has always done his best by Notts, and he's the type of defender before the Reedtz arrival most would easily get behind. Things have changed and unfortunately, again I have witnessed a lot of ugly things said and thrown Cameron's way which really wouldn't surprise me if he wanted a fresh change. I think there's a good player there, it's something which I think would come with our teams further strengthening.

This is why I am hoping he manages to fight for his place in the first team here; it wouldn't surprise me if St Johnstone doesn't want him to play in midfield since this is where he came through Newcastle's system playing. Again, if he stays here - I wouldn't be against seeing him given the chance to cover in midfield since defensively on paper we seem much stronger.

It's just a case of if this potential deal actually happens or not.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  368
  • Days Won:  1

KC gone to St Johnstone on loan..... Strange or what????? 

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
17 minutes ago, gtownjohnno said:

KC gone to St Johnstone on loan..... Strange or what????? 

I can’t get my head round that one.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

I was hoping the competition in the squad now,  with the new acquisitions would mean this would push Cameron on and fight for his place.

I am concerned that people said last season that our squad was quite thin, and now we still have more out goings than in comings. 

• Like 5

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,294
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

I can understand it because once we bought in McDonald, we then have 3 left footed centre-backs in Bedeau, McDonald and Cameron. He's going to be a squad player and I agree he shouldn't be a starter for the forthcoming season.

I also see in his statement, the change of captaincy was one of the reasons why he wanted to a new challenge. This shows it was Maynard's decision to change the captaincy and put it on Langstaff. I agree with this decision because Cameron was no longer the leader he was, when we were in the National League. 

Football doesn't stand still for anyone and we've got to move forward as a club and that includes bringing in new players to help us progress further. Players that are better at this level than the ones we had and will help us in the next few years. The stats don't lie. We had the worst defence in the league last season and the back line needed a complete revamp and that meant being ruthless. The defence was our biggest issue last season and it is being sorted.

Adding to this, it shows the ruthlessness that was needed last summer. Cameron should not have gone last summer, but some players who were part of the squad last season, should've left in the summer of 2023 (after promotion). Our loyalty cost us progress and that goes to Richard Montague and also Luke Williams. One thing I must give Maynard credit for is his ruthlessness. Us Notts fans wondered if he had it in him. The answer is yes he does

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I agree with @ARLukomski I don’t think Cameron was a nailed-on starter next season so I can understand why he wouldn’t be the captain going forward. Macca and Palmer when fit are guaranteed starters.

But I’m surprised by his reaction to be honest, I’m not aware of how exactly the change was made, but I’m going to assume it was done as professionally as possible. So there are two paths you can take after; moan and be bitter or see it as a challenge a kind of “I’ll show you’ve made a mistake here gaffer”. You don't need to wear an armband to still be vocal and lead on the pitch anyway – Jim O’Brien and John Bostock being the most recent example of this. He’s picked the easy option in my opinion. We need everyone to be on the same side and if he’s not 100% committed it’s best he’s moved on.

We could’ve already seen his last appearance as his contract is up at the end of the season. Shame it’s come to this, but hey-ho that’s football I guess.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,485
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Does that mean Notts will sign another defender?

I'm sorry to see Kyle go on loan. He should have stayed and fought for a place in the team.

He's good enough.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I'm a bit surprised by this, but maybe I shouldn't have been. He'd have seen a lot less game time next season, and of course he wants to be playing. It'll be interesting to see how he does in Scotland.

He's been honest about his motivation for the move and he is one of our promotion heroes after all. I hope he does well there and finds a better hairdressers too!

• Like 4

• Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

but hes going their on loan?

why are some of our fans acting like they have signed him permanently? is there some sort of signing on agreement if they choose to take it up? i have not read anything to suggest its anything but a loan. then again, his deal could be out and then he may be a free agent. i suppose that could be the case. i wish him well regardless.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

His use of the work 'undeniable' is very odd. Surely every soft skill is deniable. 

Anyway, Cameron has been a great player for us. His leadership in that playoff final, knowing how important it was to get the penalties in front of our fans. He's a good defender, but has been part of a defence that conceded so many. Don't think he was the main culprit for this, but not sure he counteracted it either.

Change of captain was likely due to him not being a starter. It's fair, he wants to play football..all the best to him in sweaty sock land 

• Like 4

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Cameron seems a bit miffed about losing the captaincy.

• Sad 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,467
  • Days Won:  15

Our defence is getting better. It would have been nice to see Kyle Cameron rise to the challenge, but he’s chosen to move on. I respect his decision. Losing the captaincy might have been tough, but the prospect of not being a regular starter could have been even harder. Some players don’t want to be on the bench or miss matches. This is one of the reasons why I appreciate Adam Chicksen. I’d love to see him regain his form on the left flank for us. I don’t envision him as a regular centre-back, just a backup. So, with Cameron going out on loan, I think it would be wise to sign a new player in the centre-back position. However, we need a right-sided player as we already have enough left-footed defenders.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  7,485
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Kyle Cameron is the new St Johnstone Captain.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3,459
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I believe Kyle Cameron may surprise some of our fans with his capabilities and leadership as a captain. I get the sense that he was aware of the impending changes and that prompted him to consider leaving. Some fans might be upset about his decision to leave and accuse him of being sulky about losing the captaincy, but in reality, he has devoted much of his prime career years to the club. I wish him nothing but success, it’s heartening to see him doing well.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  282
  • Days Won:  1

It’s a strange transfer, but I can see the sense in it. St Johnstone obviously wanted someone to lead their team. Giving him the armband makes me think he will eventually join them permanently. Otherwise, why make him their captain? I also think Notts should have tried to get a small fee for him. I bet they’re paying his wages, but if it doesn’t work out, it’s doubtful he will come back here, especially after what he’s said.

• Like 1

I saw a quote from their manager describing KC as 'quick'. I like Cameron as a player, but quick? Don't think so. 

Cracking goal. Read a few muppets on social media losing their head, making out Kyle Cameron is a cracking defender after scoring against.... Brechin City of the Higlands league... with 1000 watching on. 

Yeah, the fact he was made captain straight away tells you the quality of the players already there clearly isn't great. I'm not trying to be disrespectful to KC here, I hope he does well there, but their manager only saw him play a couple of friendlies, not even fully fit and thought, "yep he's levels above these guys and I'll be starting him every game!"

I'll be interested to see how he does once the season starts, it's very likely he'll have a few good games and few terrible ones because the the Scottish Premier League is really odd in sense that that gap between the top and bottom is huge. It's like having a league with 2 Premiership teams, 2 Championship teams, 2 League One teams, 2 League Two teams and 2 National League teams...

• Like 1