• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Days Won:  0

so Macca's gone, I feel a little wounded by the lost.

Yes he's been a great servant to the club; but unpopular opinion; Notts was the only club to give him a chance when he tumbled down the leagues; and despite that he's trotted off to a higher level team where, realistically there's a high chance of him warming the Millwall bench; I'm disappointed as a fan in the lack of loyalty shown despite the faith put in him.

Also feeling sorry for Stu given hes just strengthened his defence and now he's had his most potent attacker leave a few days after giving him the captaincy...

that said, Super hopeful in big Cedwyn & Jatta to deliver a lethal attack and get us to where we belong!

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,147
  • Days Won:  154
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Yes Macca has gone, and it's now back to the future now for Notts.

I'm sorry he's gone but Notts  have an attacking team of Jatta, Scott, Didzy & Morias.

We have great attacking midfielders in Crowley & Jones who make and score goals.

We have an improved defence , a new goalkeeper and a squad taking shape that can challenge for promotion.

Just a few more incomings will complete the good work that has been done in the close season.

Now it's time to get behind Stuart and the team and roar is back to League 0ne.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  16

1 minute ago, Robbie said:

Yes Macca has gone, and it's now back to the future now for Notts.

I'm sorry he's gone but we have Jatta, Scott, Didzy & Morias.

We have great attacking midfielders in Crowley & Jones who make and score goals.

We have an improved defence , a new goalkeeper and a squad taking shape that can challenge for promotion.

Just a few more incomings will complete the good work that has been done in the close season.

Now it's time to get behind Stuart and the team and roar is back to League 0ne.

EXACTLY, still a V strong team going into the new season, I suppose as well; the other league 2 teams already had his number, he spent most games at the end getting man-marked to the point of being unable to touch the ball. time will tell how the move affects the team but I'm still disappointed in the lack of loyalty of late in our high-flyers

• Like 1

• Content Count:  76

I’d be taken aback if Millwall signed him just to have him on their bench, as they’re in need of a player who can score goals. All they need to do is figure out how to bring out the best in him. For us, he was a prolific scorer, and we knew exactly how to get him into positions where he could score. We shouldn’t underestimate Macaulay Langstaff’s value; he should have a few successful seasons with them. While I doubt he’ll play at a higher level, he could become a hero for them, just as he was for us.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  13

18 minutes ago, Benji said:

I’d be taken aback if Millwall signed him just to have him on their bench, as they’re in need of a player who can score goals. All they need to do is figure out how to bring out the best in him. For us, he was a prolific scorer, and we knew exactly how to get him into positions where he could score. We shouldn’t underestimate Macaulay Langstaff’s value; he should have a few successful seasons with them. While I doubt he’ll play at a higher level, he could become a hero for them, just as he was for us.

Millwall have a very good reputation for bringing strikers in from lower leagues who gone on to do well for them. It's a great place for him to go in my opinion.

• Like 10

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  89

Seemed a bit inevitable in the end. Still early in pre-season though, and allows us to identify a replacement if there is to be one. 

Incredible two years from Macca in the black and white and will always be fondly remembered. You have to be a good player to get that goal return, no matter the chances created, you have to be in the correct position and apply the finish. Will be interesting to see how he gets along at Millwall, who are not exactly renowned for creating many opportunities. 

Seems a bit daft to make him captain and apparently p*ss of Cameron, for him to be leaving a couple of weeks later. Who's the new captain then? Matty Palmer - seems a bit on the quiet side. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

• Content Count:  485
  • Days Won:  1

I wish him the best of luck. We’re accustomed to players leaving and appearing on the retained list, often without any financial gain. While the fee may not seem impressive, it’s a good move for Macaulay Langstaff.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  17

So who will be the captain?

• Like 1

Supporter+
Just now, Scotty said:

So who will be the captain?

Start a thread on it mate

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  448
  • Days Won:  2

It’s unfortunate to see him leave, but on the bright side, it opens up a spot for someone new. If we rally behind the current players, who knows what could happen? Even the top clubs lose their key players sometimes. While we might have secured a better deal if we had waited, we can’t deny a loyal servant the opportunity to play in the championship before his career peaks.

• Like 7

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

it looked like it was more true the way articles were being released, but i had hoped it was wrong. we have to find a way to strengthen and pick ourselves up. its sad to see him go, but we have the goals he scored and the moments we have overcome from being a club on the verge of destruction to a promotion hopeful.

one player does not change this, but macca will always be a god at meadow lane.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  3,376
  • Days Won:  17
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Had someone told me when we signed Macaulay Langstaff that he would rewrite parts of Notts’ history and aid us in our promotion back to the Football League, I would have been thrilled. Competing against some of the world’s top strikers in terms of goals per season, and then repeating that feat the following season to score over 20 goals, is no small achievement. I would gladly relive that journey and cherish every moment.

While it’s disheartening to see Langstaff leave, we knew this day would eventually come. His departure leaves us in a strong position, with additional funds at our disposal and a host of excellent options to fill his shoes.

There’s no need for panic or haste in signing a new striker. We can take our time to ensure we bring in another solid recruit who will continue to uphold the high standards set by Langstaff.

• Like 9

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  561

We had good times with him. His departure was always going to happen, and I wished we could have kept him. He has done enough to deserve a move, and most fans should be thankful.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  139

I don’t fault Macaulay Langstaff for his departure; I think it’s a sensible move. He wouldn’t want to live with the regret of not trying now and being too old to truly enjoy playing at that level later. There’s always the possibility that he might return one day, but if we continue to grow, we might outpace him. He’s 27 now, with about 5 more years at his peak. After that, his pace and other skills will likely decline. He might still score goals, but it’s the right time for him to move on.

• Like 4

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  54

I find it weird no other media outlet picked up on the move, "football insider" that did actually get it right posts tons of stuff about potential moves and not all of it is accurate. Anyway, good luck to him, genuinely deserves a chance to play at a higher level and when a club comes calling that can likely triple your wages you'd be daft to turn it down. He only scored 71 goals in 97 games for us, his replacement will get 80 in 97 won't he...

Im Fine GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,684
  • Days Won:  27

I need to update my display picture! I’m really upset, but I have the memories and all the matches from last season to remember his skill. It’s been a remarkable period, but I think the club is much better at discovering players now. We may not find another player quite like Macaulay Langstaff, but there’s no reason why we can’t find another player who can score 20+ goals a season or give Cedwyn Scott more opportunities to display his talent.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Supporter+

A lovely message from Macca to Notts County football Club and it's faithful.

Macca is the consummate professional who happens to be a really nice bloke too.

Macca will always be welcome down at the Lane whether playing for another club or just paying a visit in a personal capacity.

We will certainly miss him but we will have treasured memories of the many great moments he gave us, and there were many.

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I felt extremely disappointed when we allowed Kyle Wooton to run down his contract; I believe we should have got a fee for him. He found what works at Notts, before that I am not quite sure if he would be the same player as he is now. I am pretty sure he would be a good player, but his eye for goal really came from having joined us. We knew he was going to leave, but this makes me less disappointed about Macaulay Langstaff.

Langstaff has worked hard for us, putting in impressive feats and really shinning in the process.

He deserves the chance to play in the Championship, at first I thought Millwall would be a bit of an odd fit but having done a bit of research, I think their fans will make him feel welcome. That will make a difference, so I hope he does well for them. I feel far happier knowing we got a fee, then to lose out completely.

• Like 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
On 08/07/2024 at 15:38, BiggestPieInGlasgow said:

I'm disappointed as a fan in the lack of loyalty shown despite the faith put in him.

I don’t think we should feel disappointed because he wasn’t loyal, he really doesn’t owe us anything he’s done more for our club that we could have ever wished for, he’s broke records and scored 71 goals in 97 games helping us achieve promotion back to the league.

We shouldn’t begrudge him a chance of playing in the championship a footballers career is short and career threatening injury could be just around the corner, let’s wish him well and thank him for the memories.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  13

2 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

We shouldn’t begrudge him a chance of playing in the championship a footballers career is short and career threatening injury could be just around the corner, let’s wish him well and thank him for the memories.

This one contract on its own is also probably going to be enough for Macca to buy himself a nice house and have enough in savings to dip into for the rest of his life. It's easy to forget that the vast majority of footballers have to take a significant pay cut once their playing careers are over and they transition into "ordinary" life. They absolutely should do what they can while they're playing to make that transition as smooth as possible.

• Like 3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,319

I’ve come to terms with Macaulay Langstaff’s departure and there’s no use dwelling on it. I wish him all the best and hope he scores frequently for Millwall. I hope their fans appreciate his contributions. Many players move on when the time is right, and it was his time. He’s accomplished more in his seasons here than some who have been around for many seasons.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Supporter+