New signings coming soon?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Listening to Maynards post match interview he’s asking fans to be patient and they are working hard behind the scenes to get the right person in.

I’m hoping for a striker before the window shuts which is in about three weeks I think. What’s on your wish list?

• Like 10

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Another striker would be nice, I don't mind Cedwyn Scott in his role but if he isn't going to play as a striker then I do feel another is needed. Jatta works tirelessly, but might not always be the answer to our needs on goal. I am not knocking him, he's a good finisher, but I do think Macaulay Langstaff needs replacing.

Defensively, I think we are fine. As I do in midifeld, I see no reason to bring in any other players in those positions.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  904
  • Days Won:  3

I agree, a striker is all that is needed right now. It would be a waste of money to bring in another wing-back as we have cover there. As for attacking midfield, I don’t see the need. A striker could make a difference when teams try to isolate our only striker and have him under control.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i think we are just a little shy of options up top, i think with junior morias leaving on loan and the limits we have. the club could do with finding a good solution to help out with our striker force.

david mcgoldrick looked lively when he came on against tranmere but i was confused who was playing as the striker due to him dropping into an attacking midfield position.

• Like 6

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  54

Definitely a forward cos we've lost Macca and Morias. And then probably a wing-back to replace Aaron Nemane. I'm hoping Tsaroulla will play quite a bit on the left so that'll free Jodi to play in a more attacking role - then we really would have a lot of attacking options! I think Gordon needs some proper competition on the right hand side.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,349
  • Days Won:  1

Notts could do with another attacking midfielder if we are to have two playing in similar roles. We need someone different from the options we have, but still of high quality, not just for cover or depth.

A striker would be nice to see come in, but I don’t want just any old player.

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

I don’t want Notts to get carried away with chasing additional players for the sake of it. I doubt this will be the case, but I think the squad just needs a striker who is different from Jatta. Someone with a turn of speed, who can dribble the ball and finish chances by attacking from beyond the last defender.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  686
  • Days Won:  0

I think a striker would be enough to give us more firepower up top. I do like Jatta starting. I think he’ll thrive playing at Meadow Lane, but he should be able to pick up some goals on the road. So, I wouldn’t want his chances being reduced. I just feel that a striker of a different style would be good in certain situations.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,465
  • Days Won:  164
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I agree with everyone that we need another striker. I'd go for someone who is very physical and tall, good with the head and holding up play. I think we've missed a striker like that.

I would also like to see another goalkeeper come in and challenge Bass for the number one spot. I love Slocombe but for me he just makes too many mistakes for my liking.

I would go for a goalie who's a good shop stopper, can command his area and deal with crosses and corners well. And another important trait. To lead and direct his back line too.

• Like 3

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,770
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

With budgets, don't think we will get another keeper unless Slocombe or Stone move on

"I love Slocombe" per @Robbie...should never have been given a contract when he froze for 8 minutes at Wembley. No room for sentiment in football.

We need a quick feet nimble striker, not a Jatta mark II version

• Like 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

I think we have 3 players who can play number 9. Jatta, Scott and Didzy. Having 4 on the books would be a waste of budget. Id prefer to see us sign another attacking midfielder in the mould of Ruben or Crowley to free up Scott if we need to push him further forward. Once we get Palmer back, and the other new more defensive midfielders bedded in, Crowley can go back to his more attacking role.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

Good point by @Don Masson, I agree. If we sign a good attacking midfielder, it gives us the option to push Cedwyn Scott up front. If we aim to sign a striker, maybe we should sign one who can also drop deeper and change their style of play. A good player will score no matter if they play as a striker or attacking midfielder. The main thing is to support and create chances that someone can put away.

• Like 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  1

I just think it’s better to have cover than to risk losing players to injury or poor form. The squad doesn’t need much, but I do think a striker and an attacking midfielder would complete the team.

• Like 1