Curtis Edwards Injury

Robbie

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,465
  • Days Won:  164
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Bad news for Notts. Curtis Edwards likely to be out until Xmas.

• Like 6
  • Surprised 1
  • Sad 4

Supporter+

This is hard luck for Curtis. He had been playing so well in midfield either in a defensive or attacking midfield role.His work rate has been phenomenal & he will be missed.

Notts do have plenty of cover to fill his shoes, which is a big positive.

I wish Curtis well & that he has a speedy recovery.

• Like 9
  • Love 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

We're going to miss his presence, and it's very sad news, but the injury in my eyes could have been avoided. The incident unfolded as Curtis Edwards charged towards Michael Kelly, the goalkeeper for Accrington. Kelly, had already won the ball, I am not sure Edwards had to continue. At the time part of me thought he was trying to win a penalty.

Notts County v Accrington Staney EFL League Two match played at Meadow Lane, Nottingham on 07 09 2024 Notts County v Accrington Staney EFL League Two match played at Meadow Lane, Nottingham on 07 09 2024

Falling like that is never going to end up well.

I wish Edwards all the best, we will miss him because he has been quality in the games that he has featured. When I learned of the news, I felt surprised, since he carried on, but I did notice he seemed hurt after thie moment I mentioned. I assumed he would be okay, and that it wasn't anything serious.

• Like 11

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

We have players who can step in, but it would be good to know the status of Lucas Ness, Cedwyn Scott, and Rod McDonald. I hope Curtis Edwards comes back stronger, as he’s clearly a very good player.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,510
  • Days Won:  9

He’s been a key player, and Notts did well to recruit Curtis Edwards. His injury is a bit of a blow. I hope he recovers well. We need to avoid further injuries, as we can afford to give Edwards time to recover, but it does add to concerns about the players we have out.

• Like 10

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  373
  • Days Won:  0

This isn’t good news for us, as Curtis Edwards has been in great form and key in our home games for getting results. We do have cover, which is a relief, but we also have other players out like Scott Robertson and the ones mentioned earlier.

• Like 10

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  2

It’s sad news. I wondered why he wasn’t in the Bromley squad or on the bench. This could give Sam Austin a chance. He can do well, and when he finds the net, he can be a difficult player to handle.

Though I think Curtis Edwards is a huge loss for us. I hope he can recover well and pick up again when he returns to action.

• Like 7
  • Love 4

Supporter+

Like @Chris reported this injury was sustained after a collision with the Accrington goalkeeper, but it's concerning that our players are getting knocks then suffering a niggle.

Stuart has been concerned about the rough treatment his players have been getting, & wanting more protection for them.

Not sure that his words will be heeded by officials though, because the rough treatment keeps happening.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,139
  • Days Won:  17

Hoping Curtis makes a Good and Strong Recovery. The thing is in the past couple of seasons quite a Few Notts players have suffered with bad injuries. Matt Palmer, Cedwyn Scott, Tobi, Badj, Brinds  Sam, John Bostock, and others. This could be down to Notts being termed a Big Club in League 2, and the only way the opposition can stop the Magpies is by Knocking Seven Bells out of Notts players. But there have also been injuries picked up in training, which didn't seem to be a thing in the past, by that I mean there were the occasional report of a player picking up a knock while training, but now even these injuries seem to be on the Rise.

Regarding Stuart Maynard asking Officials to protect his players, is like him P*****g in the Wind Forget it Stuart, the standard of Refereeing at this level is poor, it seems officials haven't the backbone to clamp down, on dangerous play, the only answer SM will probably get it's all part and parcel of the Game. The only way for a player to take out a more Talented player is to Kick him and foul him constantly. That's why Jodi and players like him are going to be Kicked, from Pillar to Post.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

40 minutes ago, Robbie said:

Stuart has been concerned about the rough treatment his players have been getting, & wanting more protection for them.

Personally, I think it just draws attention and makes officials less likely to offer protection - with teams realising it bothers us. This said, Michael Kelly didn't do anything to Curtis Edwards. Edwards trailed himself into the keepers feet, maybe momentum, but to me, it looked like he thought he could get a penalty.

By the time Kelly had two hands on the ball, Edwards tripped himself into the keepers feet. A wiser decision would have been to just jump over them, but as I say, either genuine momentum or a thought a penalty could be won led to the injury.

• Like 6
  • Love 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i saw him fall awkwardly and i thought he was just not fast enough to get the ball, he did go down at first like he was going to appeal but he did not. he got up and looked okay, even after the game he walked round clapping and waving. its a weird one to be honest, as only cedwyn scott left the field looking somewhat of a concern which @Piethagoram mentioned. i did not see it, but it explains scotts absence.

its a blow but i really dont know what to make of it.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

• Content Count:  67

It’s bad news, but we can cope. It just means someone else needs to step into that position. I agree, there are options, but I am mindful of all the pre-existing injuries. I hope Notts releases news of other players, such as Lucas Ness and Rod McDonald, who seems to be this season’s forgotten player.

• Love 6

• Content Count:  73

Well, he ended the match and no news until now. It does seem a little mysterious since he left the field appearing fine. I did notice his absence from the starting 11 and bench against Bromley, but I thought nothing of it. I hope he’s back soon. It would be nice to know what exactly is his problem.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

It’s not good news, not at all. It’s going to be a while, roughly around 2 months give or take, so it must be something concerning but not season-long threatening. Pulled muscle? A knee issue? Who knows. I hope we get some insight into it.

• Like 3

Supporter+

@thommo It's ankle ligaments. I think they may know more after the operation.

• Love 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

I wish him a speedy recovery and hope he doesn’t get distracted whilst out injured. We need him coming back match-sharp and able to impress upon his return. I am sure he will continue to be quality.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  528
  • Days Won:  1

@Robbie That is useful to know. It does sound painful, but at least it can be treated. I think the worst injuries to have, not that this makes it any better, but he should be able to make a strong recovery.

• Like 1