Notts County vs Sheffield United

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Majority of fans who have spoken to me don't see where we will score, though I hate to lift expectations as I do think we shouldn't inflate players, yet I do hold hopes that perhaps Bajner could score his second goal for us. We do have some players who do look likely to score even when the chips are down, however I do agree that it is hard to see us doing so at the current rate of play but knowing Notts we are extremely unpredictable.

Also, most see this as a game whereby we will punished by a considerable amount of goals. I think it will be tighter than that, I think it's possible they could score several goals but I have 1-2 in my mind.

For me it's about how defend and how set ourselves up, if we play to limit them - It will limit us. If we setup to be attacking minded or defensive - this will leave us wide open in my opinion. I think we should be more content with building slowly, until we get into positions where can step on the gas. It's more about being caught out with possession and then being outnumbered within their attacks which concerns me. Will we see Hollis return? I think so, I hope he will put a stand-out performance in and do everything right.

So yeah, I hope for a draw - If we can score early and prevent ourselves from conceding we will grown in confidence.

Prediction - 1-2 to them.

What about you? Score prediction and thoughts?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Very difficult game but ever the optimist, so hoping for  win

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

we could sneak a good result or we will be punished quite severely. i dont see both teams playing badly 1-1 for me. 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

Sheffield United are scoring for fun and that worries me. I think this game will tell us a lot about Notts, ability, quality, fighting spirit. I'd love a win/draw but feel a loss coming with us scoring one. I'll be nice and say 1-2. #NoParty for us

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

It could be do or die, no matter how you view it we need to do better against them. We need to cause some surprises if our own and they would be a good team to do that against.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Giving them a game is all we can ask, they should have this down as a win and it is for us to stop them. I do not think we will, a draw could happen though.

I will say 1-1, I think Liam is right.

• Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

Difficult game, regardless of the result, I am hoping for a decent performance.

----------Carroll--------------
-Dumbuya-Mullins-Hollis-Adams
------------Jones-----------------
--------Noble---C. Thompson----
--Thompson---------------Hayhurst-
------------Bajner------------

That'd be my team. 

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Our performances haven't been good for a while now. We were very lucky to beat Leyton Orient. I think this will be a Swindon style beating. 3-0 to them.

• Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Roy Carroll will be sent off after 32 minutes for headbutting the referee and Kevin Pilkington will be taken off injured late in the match (can't be too specific on this one - either the 82nd or 83rd minute. Get well soon Kevin). Despite this, we hold out for a gutsy draw until the 94th minute, when the Blunts are awarded a penalty. Stand-in goalie Balint Bajner is once again the hero of the day, diving to his left to save and keeping out the rebound too.

Or we lose 2-0.

Attendance: 6612 (2104 Blunts).

Roy Carroll will be sent off after 32 minutes for headbutting the referee and Kevin Pilkington will be taken off injured late in the match (can't be too specific on this one - either the 82nd or 83rd minute. Get well soon Kevin). Despite this, we hold out for a gutsy draw until the 94th minute, when the Blunts are awarded a penalty. Stand-in goalie Balint Bajner is once again the hero of the day, diving to his left to save and keeping out the rebound too.

Or we lose 2-0.

Attendance: 6612 (2104 Blunts).

You didn't mention SD being banished to the stands in the 33rd minute or our disallowed goal in the 3rd minute.

• Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

You didn't mention SD being banished to the stands in the 33rd minute or our disallowed goal in the 3rd minute.

This is a prediction thread so it doesn't make sense to be too specific. Besides, SD will be sent to the stands in the 34th minute, not the 33rd.

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I've just had a look into my crystal ball and Mystic Tony predicts........................drumroll........................................... a 1-0 to the magnificent 'Pies :happy banana::clapping::cheerleader:

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,300
  • Days Won:  69

The Blades will look at this game as one they should win and they will be most peoples favourite to do so. I really wish I could say I'm confident of a Notts win but in truth I'm more than a bit concerned.Having said that ,' a performance' is due from Notts I'll just wish Notts good luck again.

Derry won't be sent into the stands, he'll be on his best behaviour (at least I hope so).

I hope we don't play one striker, it doesn't really work for us and Bajner requires support a lot like many of the strikers we have. He can do a pretty good job upfront by himself, yet he seems to become tired quicker and any good chances he does create or get, generally comes from having support. We don't attack games assisting each other, exactly where when we get a cross in there's few inside the penalty box.

Most likely we will start with 1 upfront but for that would mean Jones needs to have one hell of a game.

Noble to be sent off? @GrannyPie

Derry won't be sent into the stands, he'll be on his best behaviour (at least I hope so).

I hope we don't play one striker, it doesn't really work for us and Bajner requires support a lot like many of the strikers we have. He can do a pretty good job upfront by himself, yet he seems to become tired quicker and any good chances he does create or get, generally comes from having support. We don't attack games assisting each other, exactly where when we get a cross in there's few inside the penalty box.

Most likely we will start with 1 upfront but for that would mean Jones needs to have one hell of a game.

Noble to be sent off? @GrannyPie

I hope we have no one sent off and SD and the players concentrate on the football.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Notts 0 - 2 Sheffield Utd

Hope I'm wrong, but I can't see us getting a lot from tonight.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

I fear that they will put us under a lot of pressure, it will be a test for the defence and I hope that they are up for it.

If they score within the first 10/15 minutes, I can see them scoring a 2nd before the half time whistle blows. I would hope that Notts can mount a challenge, we can play well enough to pinch it or draw but I am unsure exactly how I feel it will play out.

• Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  0

Chances are we will lose, it will be Derry out and Notts get tag relegation candidates. Good result please NCFC management tonight!

What sort of reception will JCR receive tonight?

I personally hope nobody boo's him, though I expect we will hear at least some. I just hope we see his form dip and his crosses wasted, apart from that I wish him well. Also, I doubt he will be their key player - they have far better talent than him.

COYP

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Half time score 1-1 about right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

I hope we can keep the draw and not let them beat us near the end.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Well I managed to arrive in time for the last 5 minutes, so no comments, no opinions, I am just sad we lost and are slowly sinking further...

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Well i heard from My Mum that we deserved to win & They scored a scrappy goal.

What makes me laugh, is 7 Points From Relegation & 7 Points from Playoffs.

These next couple of weeks could be a deciding factor in our season

I'm looking up :D :D

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good performance in the second half I thought and we definitely deserved to get something out of the game, we had some good chances if the one on one Thompson had with their goalie had gone in it could have been a different game. Bajner was unlucky with his chance too.

Plenty of positives for me. Another blinding game from Curtis he just gets better.

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Abject firs half. Looked like it was the usual Notts dross that, unfortunately, we are becoming accustomed to.

2nd half, much more like it. Better game excitement wise for both sides. Did we deserve to lose? Probably not. a draw would have been a fair reflection imo.

Hayhurst who? Difficult job for the lad, but he doesnt seem to be with the programme!

C Thompson superb again. Well done lad. Keep it up.

Refreshing to see the defense without Hollis. Still silly lapses from all of the though. Mullins, wake up!!!

Archived