Notts County vs Colchester Utd (Away)

Dripsey3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I hope @notts-joe doesn't mind me starting this topic. He's late ;)

A real 6 pointer. We could be in the drop zone if we lose and other results don't go our way. That's a sobering thought. A win would give us some much needed breathing space.

Colchester do concede goals. 55 in 33 matches. They are inconsistent. They beat Bristol City at home recently which was a fantastic result but followed it up with a defeat at Doncaster. They have lost 17 games, 3 more than us.

Notts have won the last 6 meetings between the clubs. That's an impressive record. In fact, we have only lost 14 out of 40 games against them.

I don't think we'll lose this one. 2-2 draw. McCourt and JCR.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Just win FFS.

Getting a Little Peed off with looking at the Results and Reports.

Just get to 55 points please

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I was meaning to post this at 7pm but I didn't wake up.

This must be a game whereby we see signs that we can play football, if we start like we did against Port Vale (bar the defending for the goal) we will win. I would be tempted to use McCourt as our attacking outlet, more so than JCR who needs to learn to release the ball. I acknowledge what several fans have said to me about him looking at his feet but he should look up, plus when he did get a cross in they all were very poor in my opinion.

Colchester are ours for the taking, no disrespect to them but our form and points come at away games.

If we can't beat a side who's struggled all season, I would hate to see the response. It really is a must win game for us magpies!

@Dripsey3 You've done me a favour mate, there's no rules or expectations that I must start the match thread - wouldn't that be weird if there was? Ha! Thanks!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Sooner or later it is all going to click into place and we could be on the right side of a hiding... might as well be this game

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i am growing more and more in concern, if we lose i think we will be all set for the great escape 2.

i dont want to say this but it is how i feel, we should not be in this position and i dont think we should have fallen so hard. something needs to give and i hope we can win but i dont see how. mccourt wonder strike?

• Content Count:  49
  • Days Won:  0

It will be the ideal game for us to get a win.

Colchester wont be able to cope if we push at them, it would only be a matter of time before one of the chances went in but as always it is about how we defend. I dont think we looked comfortable against port vale, last ditch efforts and very scrappy. swindon, bradford and rochdale are coming up and i dont see us getting 3 points from them combined so derry must do something.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Knowing our luck we'll probably play superb, then conceed a sloppy goal and lose 2-1. And we'll probably have a player sent off too.

Not normally one to be negative but right now I just can't see where a win is coming from, we can't buy a point no matter what we do. Prove me wrong lads!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Knowing our luck we'll probably play superb, then conceed a sloppy goal and lose 2-1. And we'll probably have a player sent off too.

Not normally one to be negative but right now I just can't see where a win is coming from, we can't buy a point no matter what we do. Prove me wrong lads!

Pretty much agree with @weymouthPIE on this one.

• Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  2

I liked what I saw earlier on in the season despite us beating you fairly comfortably.

If I also recall correctly, your fans was not pleased with drawing games but something after our encounter changed things. The run you went on can be repeated, yes this might be keeping you a float and just above the water but the only way to move forward is to have faith, keep the support you have together and eliminate any weaknesses.

We spent a turbulent time after being relegated from the premier league, chasing promotion back into it and it got us relegated.

All you need is stability and I think you have that with derry, good luck tomorrow pie fans. 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Things aren't looking good at the moment and we really need to win this game, there is plenty of time to save ourselves from being dragged into a relegation and I hope that starts tonight.

We need to get back to not losing and keeping clean sheets so 0-0 would do me and build from there.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

This is a proper six-pointer now. The last thing we want to do in our position is gift points to the teams below us. I'm encouraged by the improved showing on Saturday, but it counts for nothing if we don't start picking up the points.

Here's to a win today and on Saturday, and to waking up on Sunday morning wondering what all the fuss was about.

I just hope we go into the game all fired up, if we go into the game worrying they will cast us aside. I also wonder what the confidence levels are like within the camp, if we lose to me it would suggest it's quite low and that needs to be worked on. I don't think we will lose, I am very confident about tonight and I just hope all 11 players who start perform to the level that makes those who travelled happy.

Our fans deserve it for being there when the results are few and far between.

What formation would you choose folks?

11046193_10153848615640961_1759964134301

Can we get some more score predictions?

1604664_10153846880270961_74062144929244

• Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

442 and 4-0 my hat needs to go

Regards Al

You Pies!

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

1-3 Notts, Bajner, McCourt x2

I would stick with whatever formation we played saturday, it seemed to change!

Colchester United manager Tony Humes has labelled tonight's match as "a great opportunity".

"It’s a big game for us, and also a huge game for Notts County, who are on a spiral, of course it’s going to be tough, because they will be battling not to lose it. We have to take our chances, when they come along."

He also hopes to pull us down closer to them.

• Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

Always optimistic - we are due a win. 2 - 1 to Notts, can't see a clean sheet tbh and hope that McCourt and Gary T find the back of the net for us.

Come on you Piiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

• Content Count:  38
  • Days Won:  0

I hope the lads are up for tonights game as col utd are there for the taking.3 points tonight will give us some much needed breathing space.not even talking about defeat 3 1 notts tonight we can do this lads come on you pies :-)

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

I hope the lads are up for tonights game as col utd are there for the taking.3 points tonight will give us some much needed breathing space.not even talking about defeat 3 1 notts tonight we can do this lads come on you pies :-)

It's not entering my mind at all.

I feel quite positive about the signing of leroy lita, he should be a decent signing for us if derry can work on his form. I expect tonight to be a rollercoaster, just fingers crossed people keep their views in tone for the situation and see the bigger picture.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

There's not too much wrong with Notts from what I saw against Port Vale.Get JCR to learn when to cross or pass.Get players making themselves available when going forward.Keep concentration and get a bit more off the ball movement. Keep a high tempo and don't let the opposition dictate the pace of the game.Good luck.Notts

Positive start, we need to cut down on the corners if we can so that we can keep space (without allowing them to re-organize) We never score from corners! *looks around*

C'mon and get the job done Notts.

COYP!

Archived