Do you think we will go down?

AmericanPie

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Show your faith or lack of it, do you think next season we will be playing league two football?

Explain why.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

Yes - L2 next season. 

The quality of players we have aren't good enough. We have no strikers available (Spencer and Murray injured - Lita and Bajner rubbish), we have a half decent midfield, but we completely bypass them, and in defence we are clueless.

Derry constantly re-inforces this belief we can't beat anyone who is more than 1 place above us, and he is proven correct. 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Last day nerves again I suspect...

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I think we have got it in us to just escape again but the players have got to look at themselves and get that siege mentality back.

I am hoping that Jimmy Spencer may figure for a few games at the end of the season and if JCR gets fit that will be a bonus.

The fans can also play a part and support the team for 90 minutes booing players doesn't do any good apart from relieving our own frustrations, it doesn't make the players play any better it just destroys any confidence they have.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I think it will be between us and Crawley Town. Crewe, Yeovil and Colchester will go down IMO. Ironically, Crawley have to play most of the teams we have to play and we have to go to Crawley in April. It could very well go down to the last game of the season again. Right now, I think we will go down, I hate saying that but all the evidence says we will.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Yes - L2 next season. 

The quality of players we have aren't good enough. We have no strikers available (Spencer and Murray injured - Lita and Bajner rubbish), we have a half decent midfield, but we completely bypass them, and in defence we are clueless.

Derry constantly re-inforces this belief we can't beat anyone who is more than 1 place above us, and he is proven correct.

Agree with most of this. Unfortunately I think we are going down. The only difference in opinion here is the rating of Lit a. I don't think he's had any service to do anything at all. Pumping balls up has been our downfall and we just can't play that way any more. The signings have been very poor. The worrying thing is last year we did have quality, it was motivation that was needed. That and discipline.

This season discipline has been poor, motivation seems, like effort, to be sadly lacking and this is the team that SD has built. (That and the other 30 players he has tried!)

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I am starting to become concerned, I mean leading a game should never be something you throw a way. Especially when the opposition wasn't that 'good', Rochdale played averagely and the thing is we played worse after conceding.

I think we will be fine but we will continue to flirt with the danger-zone, naturally as we're simply Notts County.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

I'm usually an optomist. It wasn't until the defeat at Tranmere last season that I genuinely thought we'd had it, but then we all know what happened after that.

We're seven points better off than we were at this stage last season, yet somehow I have less hope of us surviving than I probably did a year ago.

We've managed 11 points in the last 4 months. I love Derry, and nobody could possibly question the commitment of this team which is more than can be said of last seasons side, but that's nowehre near good enough. In fact its downright embarrassing, as is a total of 11 home defeats already. Not good enough.

Last season we a had a side that clearly had talent, but for the most part generally didn't give a s*it. This season we have a team that will run through brick walls for eachother, but it lacks any real spark.

Derry did a fantastic job of motivatng the side last season, but what he cannot do is turn crap players into good ones. He isn't a magician.

Looking at our remaining fixtures, I genuinely struggle to see where three more wins are going to come from. We're getting nothing but a severely damaged GD this Saturday. Scunthorpe at home is a mut win game but I wouldnt bank on it with our home record. We really should be beating Yeovil but with confidence as low as it is and the goals we're conceeding I'm sure we'll find a way to lose. Crawley, Coventry and Orient are suddenly finding form, whilst Preston, Donny & Barnsley who are also have to play are chasing promotion. I genuinely don't see where another nine points are coming from.

I hate being negative. I don't know if Derry should go or not. To be honest I don't think it'd make a blind bit of difference. We'll just get someone ese in who'll be lorded after a couple of wins before losing the plot, and in six months time we'll be back to square one.

But then, we're banging on about stability, yet we've used 42 players this season including 16 loanees, and thats just shambolic. That's never going to help you achieve anything.

I also worry we're rushing Jimmy Spencer back and putting too much pressure on him. We keep seeing comments saying he'll save us, and that's putting a hell of a lot of pressure on a lad who's spent the best part of a year on the sidelines. It could take him till next season to get back to his old self, he won't come back firing on al cylinders after that length of time out.

We all badly want Derry to succeed, but Tuesday night was the first time I really began to wonder about him.

I wasn't deluded enough to thin we'd stay in the play-off picture. There's no doubt we were punching well above our weight, but put it this way, if we do stop up this season, there won't be anything like the wild celebrations we saw at Oldham last season, because this season should never have come to this after the start we gave ourselves.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

We'll Stay up with 3 games to Spare.

The last 3 games Jimmy Spencer to Gain a Little Match Fitness

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

Yes - L2 next season.

The ships sinking, just need the mutiny! League 2 looks very likely.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Some good points made here but in my opinion we will be fine, considering that we will be lucky not to drop in the relegation zone though.

• Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

Depends where we are prior to the final 2 home games. If we are in the bottom 4 the, I'd say we'll go down. If not, we'll scrape the odd point and, more than likely, survive. Down to the last game in any event imo.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

If we don't get 3 points against Scunthorpe I will be really concerned and we will still be hoping other results go our way

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

We have 9 games left. Here's how I think they will go:

Scunthorpe (H) - Win

Walsall (A) - Loss

Coventry (H) - Win

Yeovil Town (A) - Draw

Barnsley (H) - Loss

Crawley (A) - Loss

Preston (H) - Loss

Doncaster (H) - Draw

Gillingham (A) - Draw (they will have nothing to play for IMO so it may well be a win)

That's 9 points which would put us on 51 points which should be enough. Leyton Orient are the one side that could get above us at this point. I don't see them going down.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I am now hoping upon hope that we get a "new manager effect" that sometimes happens when a new manager takes charge, it doesn't always happen though, a lot of the players will probably be expecting to be released at the end of the season so will they be bothered?

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Sorry but we are going down, I dont see the new manager changing much if anything at all.

• Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

Currently 60-40 in favour of staying up. Hopefully this will increase after Saturdays game. If we lose to Scunny I fear the worst

Regards Al

You Pies!

• Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

i feel we will be fine but i am concerned about who will become our manager and how exactly we will move forward.

its going to be close.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Play offs anybody?...

where did I leave that medication

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,294
  • Days Won:  69

Play offs anybody?...

where did I leave that medication

Yes,I'll settle for the play-offs @PTID1862,as for Notts? Beating Scunny will go a long way to restoring positivity.

Archived