Branston on Twitter

Feral Fox

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

He seems to be coping with alot of banter tonight on Twitter, but not convinced putting two of our players down to 'promote' a player he obviously pushed for is a good idea!

@PhilSaddler @poundpie Blair Adam or Cranston can't boss Akpom like Rhys did when I see him. The lad needed to be signed so we did.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

This is nothing really, it's his opinion and it's not so much an 'attack'. People are getting caught up about because A.) some of them are t*@*s and B.) they don't like him.

Compared to recent tweets it should barely register.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Oh dear, in my opinion that is really bad, what will the players concerned think about it?

It might be his opinion but he is employed by the club and for the sake of harmony should have kept it to himself.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

That's very unprofessional. Plus he's saying he signed Sharpe on the basis of one game? Doesn't exactly inspire confidence does it? What next, is he going to recommend players based on FM? It only adds to the perception that Notts are a circus.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

That's very unprofessional. Plus he's saying he signed Sharpe on the basis of one game? Doesn't exactly inspire confidence does it? What next, is he going to recommend players based on FM? It only adds to the perception that Notts are a circus.

How does it suggest that Sharpe was signed on the basis of one game? I don't understand that part of your comment.

He said he bossed Akpom and "when I see him", It sounds like he was properly scouted to me but Branstons comment does come across stupidly but what do you expect from an ex footballer with half a brain?

• Content Count:  1,350
  • Days Won:  1

Do you really think those comments would disrupt the togetherness of the squad @tonyhateley?

I am sure there was worst happening in the 70's and early 80's.

Supporter+

Do you really think those comments would disrupt the togetherness of the squad @tonyhateley?

I am sure there was worst happening in the 70's and early 80's.

In what way do you mean @Countyman?

• Content Count:  1,350

As professionals the players are scrutinized in many ways, I just find that when people make comments about disrupting the balance of the squad, after such a basic comment it makes the players sound like babies or infants who require some sort of protection.

Surely it is for Adams and Cranston to prove him wrong now?

Ideally that is what I would like to see, at least I would hope they do not take the comments personally. Sign of modern times for me!

I do have to say, I think it makes a case for what staff or even the manager can say to players.

What would we do, if Derry came out and named players he blamed personally for us ending up relegated? Would he have the right?

Supporter+

As professionals the players are scrutinized in many ways, I just find that when people make comments about disrupting the balance of the squad, after such a basic comment it makes the players sound like babies or infants who require some sort of protection.

Surely it is for Adams and Cranston to prove him wrong now?

Ideally that is what I would like to see, at least I would hope they do not take the comments personally. Sign of modern times for me!

I think that Adams and Cranston will maybe feel a bit peeved at the comment, team building is about making people feel good about themselves, it's like constantly telling kids they are useless, they start to believe it themselves and their performance suffers. I know we aren't talking about kids and they are professionals but the same principals apply in my opinion.

They are all grown men, but did he really need to say it? No.

Stupid that he can't be professional and keep comments like that to himself. I find it even more daft due to the fact that I managed to keep away from Twitter and Facebook for many years due to trying to be professional and yet here is our chief scout and driving force on the new acquisitions board making a fool of himself with regards to other players at the club.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  117
  • Days Won:  0

There is no story here, just water being blown out of the air which Branston chooses to waste.

@Northants Pie - What do you make of this?

Very curious about your opinion mate.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

@Northants Pie - What do you make of this?

Very curious about your opinion mate.

The comment is obviously his way of expressing his view of the lads ability when answering questions from the fans.

Should he have made that in such a public way, no he shouldn't.

Should somebody in his position make any comment directly about a player on a public forum, again no. He has shown his lack of discretion with this but does that mean he can't pick a good player? Who knows.. we'll soon find out!!!

• Content Count:  348

Tomorrow's chip wrappers for me

Regards Al

You Pies!

• Content Count:  121

Stupid thing to come out with, don't understand why people in football use twitter publicly if they don't have the temperament for it, they must know they are going to get people criticising them/ winding them up. 

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i dont get why he wrote it in such a negative way, he could have praised the lad without bringing anyone else into it.

Tomorrow's chip wrappers for me

Regards Al

You Pies!

wow. Which chippie do you use @Captain Sticky because I've not seen chips wrapped in newspaper for a long while now!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Branston with cheese.

Supporter+

wow. Which chippie do you use @Captain Sticky because I've not seen chips wrapped in newspaper for a long while now!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

There's a pub in Portsmouth that actually serves Fish and Chips in paper at your table. It's the Still and West if ever you are down that way I can recommend it, fantastic to sit outside on a warm sunny day and watch all the ships going past from Portsmouth Harbour whilst having a decent pint of Gales Ales and eating fish and chips in paper.

Your not allowed to serve food with real newspaper prints, food hygiene would soon be on the case but what I do know is, some pay money to have the paper which has a old run of stories printed on it (though it's not a real paper).

It's pretty costly.

The white paper is pretty cheap and I know from a chippie owner in Skegness, that it was a major blow having to buy that (as he had to increase the food prices) but he once mentioned that the paper with print for the retro feel costed x5 more. Obviously things may be different now but still, it's one of those things we'll never see again in the UK. You can in America btw! They wrapped burgers etc in newspapers!!

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

Nothing will happen to him, I doubt he will get a ticking off for having tweeted such a stupid message.

Thank god he did not @ the players too! Both are on Twitter!!

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I do feel he has the right to express himself. however he should be smarter.

Archived