Moniz vs Branston

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Moniz reveals striker dispute with head of recruitment Branston.

"In front of the chairman, Guy Branston says we don't need a striker instead of confirming we need one or two forwards, you understand?

His job is to recruit or scout. It's about the club, not about egos who sometimes are busy for themselves. I always say how it is. You can't talk with two faces. The composition of the team is my responsibility".

Moniz wants a striker, we fans think a CB would be a wise move and yet Branston wants two forwards? (Wingers? Attacking CMs???) - It should be down to Ricardo to decide, he works with the players and it must be him who says what positions are our targeted positions are. It's for Guy to recommend players, right?

What do you make of this? Do you think these things should remain private? What is Guy Branston thinking?

Lets discuss on PON...

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

the club should grow up, branston should keep out of what is required. he should only find the players moniz requires and moniz should be supported if we want him to succeed.

why do we have stories like this always coming out from the club we support?

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Oh dear dear dear.

I wondered when we'd have our first Dispute up top :( .  Looks like we're in for some bumpy steps from Notts

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

This is quite worrying if the people at the top aren't working together how can they expect the players to do so on the pitch. In my opinion this should have been kept in house and don't think dirty washing should be aired in public.

@RayTrew Moniz and Branson should sit down together and iron this out before it gets out of hand.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Looks like RM won. Notts have agreed a fee for McLeod. He has to agree personal terms but I can't see that being a problem. 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Agreed that it maybe should have been kept in house, but at least we know the power lies with Moniz if the bid for Izzie is correct.

Well done Ricardo for dealing with it straight away and ensuring all YOUR staff sing form the same sheet.

• Content Count:  1,350
  • Days Won:  1

It's just a petty disagreement which should not have been aired within a interview.

This said, good managers are hard to find and Moniz appears to be of a different class. If he is supported, I can see it settling down and going onto bigger things. Scouts can always be replaced, if the man is right for the job, he will know the manager has the final say and knows the squad far better than he does. Guy Branston is paid to look at players, suggest them but he isn't one to boss the manager of a football club around.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

I hate to say I told you so but...

The guy is a plank, as an example why was he at Northampton v Exeter last Saturday? We don't play either for ages and you wouldn't want to be doing any match reports that far in advance as anything can change before we play them, ideally you would do your initial match report 3 weeks in advance then follow this up with the match report from the game just before you play them.

I have my suspicions of why he was at Northampton but I'll let you all come to your own conclusions.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  49
  • Days Won:  0

I hate to say I told you so but...

The guy is a plank, as an example why was he at Northampton v Exeter last Saturday? We don't play either for ages and you wouldn't want to be doing any match reports that far in advance as anything can change before we play them, ideally you would do your initial match report 3 weeks in advance then follow this up with the match report from the game just before you play them.

I have my suspicions of why he was at Northampton but I'll let you all come to your own conclusions.

Give us a clue please.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

What an absolute farce, Moniz can be forgiven because he is new to this game but the club should handle what they put out far better. To ban the Nottingham Post suggests that there may be more between the lines, perhaps it was that twit who asked the question and kept digging to get the dirt?

Still to ban them, I and no rightful minded fan could back because it's genuine fans who suffer.

The post won't give a crap about it.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

none of this should have reached the public arena... as far as this bit is concerned it is not in the public interest. what happens behind closed doors should stay behind closed doors.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

When I did the Bench ground tour Branston appeared and Led Bradd introduced him as the chief scout, but Branston immediately said 'no I'm the Head of Player recruitment'. "Touchy" I thought.

He seems to be all egos, it seems the type the club like to employ but ability is to be questioned.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Guy Branston is a scout for Ricardo Moniz. If GB thinks he is above Moniz, then he should be asking for a Director of Football role, which he should then be told to f... o..

When I did the Bench ground tour Branston appeared and Led Bradd introduced him as the chief scout, but Branston immediately said 'no I'm the Head of Player recruitment'. "Touchy" I thought.

This didn't take place on the 28th of July did it?

This didn't take place on the 28th of July did it?

Well I know where this is going !  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Well I know where this is going ! [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

The story seems a dead ringer though don't it mate, surely you felt the same.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Were these remarks made off the record? If yes, a few stern words with the NEP will have been justified. If not, Moniz has enough experience in management to know that airing dirty linen in public like this is not a good idea, regardless of whether he is right. He needs to assert authority over his team, including Guy Branston, and that should be done in private.

During a laid back press release, NEP reported what was said and although I do feel the Post could have been a bit diplomatic. Considering our start of the season and with the new "working" relationship this could have been handled better.

The story seems a dead ringer though don't it mate, surely you felt the same.

A strange coincidence if not I'll admit!

Moniz knows what he did, as does Branston who seems to be getting too big for his boots. He tweets like a five year old, its embarrassing.

Archived