Jimmy Spencer has left the building

DangerousSausage

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Just had a look at Facebook to find out that Jimmy Spencer has terminated his contract.

http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/jimmy-spencers-contract-mutually-terminated-2926464.aspx

Thoughts? :s

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

I'm sure this decision will be widely criticised, but in reality the Jimmy Spencer after his injury has never looked anywhere near the standard of the Jimmy Spencer before his injury. I presume 'termination by mutual agreement' means he has another club lined up. It will be interesting to see where he goes and how he does. He leaves some good memories, him and Sheehan were the main reasons for the Great Escape, I wish him well.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

Good Luck to Jimmy, where ever he ends up. 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

4 minutes ago, Elite_pie said:

I'm sure this decision will be widely criticised, but in reality the Jimmy Spencer after his injury has never looked anywhere near the standard of the Jimmy Spencer before his injury. I presume 'termination by mutual agreement' means he has another club lined up. It will be interesting to see where he goes and how he does. He leaves some good memories, him and Sheehan were the main reasons for the Great Escape, I wish him well.

I was disappointed when I heard it because I wanted him to come back and do well, but when you think about it it does make sense for both parties. Based on the little I've seen of him since his injury I agree with what you wrote. He never really impacted the game, looked like he should be starting or even really looked like scoring. Hopefully a decision has been made to beef up the squad in other areas.

What are the odds on a reunion with Derry at Cambridge?

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+
44 minutes ago, Elite_pie said:

One of the good guys is Jimmy. Best of luck to him. He's off to Cambridge and a reunion with SD. I'm 99% certain that this is the case anyway. 

Guest gtownjohnno

How about giving us some really good news notts.......jenner sprokel bennet de silva swerts hayhurst and BRANSTON have left the building...

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Jimmy hasn't been given a chance this season to prove himself. Very disappointed at this news especially as there are some rubbish players still on the books!!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

everyone sayin Jimmy hasn't been his best is blind he offers 100000x more then stead offers anyday stead a target man falls over constantly doesn't win the ball zero touch.

Spencer physical big strong good in air good touch and I'm fuming at this choice why not realese other crap like Jenner sprockel etc etc.

I hope Spencer does go to Cambridge as Derry will treat him like the player he can be and I hope he comes back and puts a hatrick past us which he probaly will and will teach us a lesson.

whos now gonna move up to the bench as a striker colby bishop? not very inspiring is it .

I have to wonder is it branston saying you go and you go etc ever since day one he's had his big gob in everything and I don't like it one bit something behind scenes is rotten and sick 

I forgot how good stead is this season great air ability of a midget first touch of Enoch let's praise the new messiah  

Odds are we will bring in a U21 Arsenal striker who's 5ft and crap gaurentee it 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Gutted by this decision, he's not had a fair crack of the whip this season and I still think that he is a better player than Stead and would have created more chances for McLeod to score. Stead's past it, whereas Jimmy has a lot of years left in him, which means we will be hunting for another striker in the summer and players of his type are rare.

He cared enough last season to come back and play when he was nowhere near fit in order to try and keep us up, how many players around today would have done that?

Good luck at Cambridge (surely?) Jimmy, looking forward to seeing you make a bigger joke out of our defense than it already is in April

1 hour ago, Modern Fan 1862 👍 said:

everyone sayin Jimmy hasn't been his best is blind he offers 100000x more then stead offers anyday stead a target man falls over constantly doesn't win the ball zero touch.

Spencer physical big strong good in air good touch and I'm fuming at this choice why not realese other crap like Jenner sprockel etc etc.

You are hopelessly wrong in part one of what you said.  You are the blind one if you think Jimmy Spencer has played at his best since his injury.  He has been nowhere near it.

As for the second part, it's really not that difficult to work out.  Spencer has obviously had offers from elsewhere and has asked to go.  The club (rightly or wrongly) agreed, hence the statement 'contract terminated by mutual consent'.  Jenner and Sprockel are poor players so won't be wanted by other clubs.  We can't just 'release' them as they and we have a contract to honour.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm gutted, Jimmy is a good character to have around and he's very hard working.

He knows he isn't perfect and that is what drives him on as a player. It seems certain players recieve a 'push' as if they need to be reconised by us fans, yet he always seemed to instantly connect with us and gain the support. I never felt he was a convincing goal scorer, yet his ability to hold up play and link in others always impressed me. I also agree, Moniz never gave him a chance and I know stories which I will keep private - some of which came from Jimmy himself.

I will say Ricardo Moniz appears to not like certain people, especially those who aren't as 'serious' as he is.

I'll miss the banter between us, especially being drawn on by a marker pen. LOL

Really gutted but hope he has another club lined-up.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i feel we have released the wrong person myself.

@erindoors did he want to leave? can you please help us understand it?

i do not blame anyone for the release, just disappointed because he is a decent player. opinions cant change over a small period of time surely? i think it makes our attack weaker and we have a large midfield and defence.

1 hour ago, Elite_pie said:

You are hopelessly wrong in part one of what you said.  You are the blind one if you think Jimmy Spencer has played at his best since his injury.  He has been nowhere near it.

As for the second part, it's really not that difficult to work out.  Spencer has obviously had offers from elsewhere and has asked to go.  The club (rightly or wrongly) agreed, hence the statement 'contract terminated by mutual consent'.  Jenner and Sprockel are poor players so won't be wanted by other clubs.  We can't just 'release' them as they and we have a contract to honour.

he's had 10 mins here and there how can you base that he's not good of 10 mins of football? 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  174
  • Days Won:  2

13 minutes ago, liampie said:

i feel we have released the wrong person myself.

@erindoors did he want to leave? can you please help us understand it?

i do not blame anyone for the release, just disappointed because he is a decent player. opinions cant change over a small period of time surely? i think it makes our attack weaker and we have a large midfield and defence.

I agree Jimmy's a good player and he did a good job for us. But he wanted more guaranteed, regular first team football. Very best wishes to the lad, he's worked hard for us.

19 minutes ago, Modern Fan 1862 👍 said:

he's had 10 mins here and there how can you base that he's not good of 10 mins of football? 

I could easily ask how can you decide that he's just as good as he used to be based on a few 10 minute appearances where he did nothing at all?

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

Cambridge, odds please?

I am not that bothered he has departed, its hard when you have not seen him play much. Good luck to him! Sprockel to be reassured now I bet!!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179

I think this is a bad move, he definitely deserved a fair chance, stead has been useless at points this season and I sometimes struggle to see what he brings at times

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

Will this mean that Chelsea lad will soon be arriving?

Jimmy was thrown back in after his injury, I for one think the rush was a mistake. I acknowledge he wanted to play yet if he had not done that it would have allowed him to settle down. If he had of missed the season, Moniz may have given him a chance at the start of the year. I am not disappointed but I do think he deserved more of a chance to showcase his talents. He did well enough for the reserves, which makes you ponder why he never did at first team level.

If this had have happened sooner, there would not have been such a whiplash from it.

• Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I wish him the best. He was good whiles he played for us, i don't get why hes leaving either.. but we seem to get alot of good players leaving.

I did think he may of left anyway by the end of the season, so not far off really.

2 hours ago, cheeky~k8 said:

I wish him the best. He was good whiles he played for us, i don't get why hes leaving either...

This is my theory on why he's gone which is based 100% on guesswork and nothing else.  Spencer was getting frustrated at his lack of first team opportunities.  The Cambridge No 9 has just been ruled out for the season, so Derry fancied Jimmy as a replacement.  We have a squad which is way too big, putting a serious strain on the wage bill.  A few phone calls were made, and it was decided it was in everyone's best interests to let Jimmy go.  

It remains to be seen whether this decision is right or wrong, but if Jimmy can get back to his peak he will be a great signing for his next club.  There has to be a doubt however that he will get back to being the player he was before his injury, because to me he hasn't looked as good since.  I would have preferred to see him go somewhere on loan so we could get an answer to that question before we released him.  Good luck to him wherever he goes.

6 hours ago, Elite_pie said:

I could easily ask how can you decide that he's just as good as he used to be based on a few 10 minute appearances where he did nothing at all?

simple il explain it to you @Elite_pie 1 stead has zero control and falls over at every chance /Spencer has a great control and actually holds it up due to his physical build strengh 

2 Stead can hardly win the ball in the air yeah he wins one here and there but Spencer wins a lot more aerial challenges when he comes on.

3third and finally stead is 32 Spencer is 24  stead will be  33 next year and has zero pace as it is where is the future strikers ?

mcleod is good don't get me wrong but at 32 he won't be here forever my point is Spencer has time on his hands and Shaun Derry wil get the best out of him and don't be surprised when he does you have you're opinion elite I respect it but I just think who are we replacing him with.

No one offers what he does decent link up play strengh great first touch if not immaculate who do we have that offers that?

Murray is even below stead to who's going to be the striker coming of the bench to win the ball when it's hoofed into orbit again no replacement lined up wait til the last min an get a 36 year old journey man 

All I'll ask is when was the last time you saw Spencer have a good game?

For me it was May 2014.

Archived