• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

According to NCFC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

On Notts County's official site it says Ray Trew is stepping down as chairman and putting the club up for sale due to recent emotions and how its affecting his family with the abuse they've received.

With recent form i can see why fans arn't happy. I hope we can progress and get back to the family club Notts should be.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,463
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Throwing the toys out of the pram springs to mind. All because a mindless minority acted in a mindless way. So what's the answer? I'll walk away. I think RT will be stuck with Notts for a while as I can't imagine buyers will be lining up outside his office. Maybe he'll reconsider and realize that the vast majority of Notts fans are decent people. 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

Statement here: http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/ray-trew-steps-down-as-chairman-of-notts-county-football-club-2972762.aspx

While they have been on the end of some highly personal abuse which can never be justified, it seems a tad disproprtionate to step down due to "oh so brave keyboard warriors" in my opinion. There even seems to be an element of having the last laugh here.

While Mr Trew may have stepped down as chairman, he's still the club's owner and still bears responsibility. It'll be better for everyone if Notts found competent, trustworthy owners while the Trews can enjoy their football without having to call the shots - but they have to find a buyer first. It took Derek Pavis years!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Considering the level of abuse which both Mr & Mrs Trew have mentioned, I don't think that statement is the best. In my opinion he should have stepped down gracefully, without digs or pointing the finger - emotions must be high and I don't tolerate or condone anything personal but his statement would have read better without it.

I also think the majority of fans appreciate the changes he's made, the MLSB is a great hub and that's only one area.

So it goes without question that anyone unhappy just wants to see the club move forward. The abuse is a different situation, something which could have been handled better all along I feel - It's all rather sad but from a supporters point of view it gives us hope of focusing on football matters, rather than the constant off the field issue which occurs very frequently. I hope it gives them the peace of mind that they seek, I also hope that someone buys the club with the mindset to bring back the disconnected supporters base.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

its best they move on imo. best for us as a club and for them.

we dont need our owners or board arguing in petty comments. some of the things on the supporters group is bad but why respond? i think the same when arguments form on fan sites. pons always seemed polite to certain outbursts.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  686
  • Days Won:  0

The thing is it should never have reached this stage, when you start getting abuse you know something is wrong.

Nobody can say who is the wrong but some of the posts via social media have been appalling. It should never become personal, its a two way street and clear communication. The existing board during crisis's only limit the out put which only makes fans concerned. We all wanted to pull together and reach the five year plan, we are going backwards.

• Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

Some county fans can be right nasty pieces of work and personal abuse is bang out of order but this could be for the best, it is a minority but who would buy a club knowing their family will be abused if things don't go well?

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@ohstanleyaborah family should never be brought into matters.

Whoever buys Notts next will know fans judge them by their actions and the results during their tenure. It's a shame it hasn't worked out, but it hasn't. When the Trew's took over - it was surreal to owners buying fans drinks and speaking so openly. It made such a difference, it's just a shame that somewhere along the way this broke down and ended up reaching this point.

• Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I think the new owners might not be inclined to post on social media. 

I understand being able to connect with fans is all and good, but it kinda backfired on them. Really really grateful for what they've done. Now let's hope we can get someone in who's got some play money. Just enough to get to the championship FFS 

• Content Count:  1,727

in my view if he would of listened to fans an apointed a decent tier manager over the last few years it wouldn't of got this far. He's to blame as much as anyone in my view.

But if this buyer is in place and ready who knows we could be better and Fullarton will be gone to 

• Content Count:  1,179

@ohstanleyaborah family should never be brought into matters.

Whoever buys Notts next will know fans judge them by their actions and the results during their tenure. It's a shame it hasn't worked out, but it hasn't. When the Trew's took over - it was surreal to owners buying fans drinks and speaking so openly. It made such a difference, it's just a shame that somewhere along the way this broke down and ended up reaching this point.

I agree it should never get personal, the point I was making was selling the club might be best for the future but there has to be more behind it than a small group of idiots sending them abuse?

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  1,727

I think the takeover rumour was defo true as people were saying that's why he appointed.

Fullarton as they new guy will come in bring who they want in instead of splashing  cash on a decent manager the new owners may not want 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Well, I was expecting something to happen, but did not quite expect this. I thought they would come up with some way to try and reconnect with supporters, but it appears that he has taken the opposite approach, didn't Pavis threaten to do this on several occasions?

I blame Colin Slater, it was obviously his grilling of JF that was the final straw. Ray must have thought he had got it so wrong, even Uncle Col is having a go at the club!

Sounds a bit far-fetched to me. Why hire a new manager with the intention of him being sacked a few weeks later? Surely then it would have been easier to just let Moniz carry on till the end of the season instead of sacking him, paying up his contract and hiring another member of staff in JF? I doubt JF is on a huge wage but he didn't come for free.

Hope the bit about the new owner is true though. We really don't want to be heading into the summer with this kind of uncertainty around the club.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

I also assume it will probably be the end of the ladies team as well, depending on who takes the club on.

Supporter+
51 minutes ago, Fozzy said:

I also assume it will probably be the end of the ladies team as well, depending on who takes the club on.

This will be very interesting. Whoever comes in cannot fold the ladies team IMO, I may not like the circumstances of the change to Notts ladies, but the reality is Notts Ladies are a top tier side and having them fold cannot be contemplated. It would be a serious blow to the WPL and wouldn't do us a club any favours. 

The ladies' team may well be self-sustaining. Although the wages involved are modest, its membership of the WPL brings nationwide attention to the club, and this is in turn makes us more attractive to sponsors. I think a prudent owner would see it as an opportunity rather than something to be offloaded.

Supporter+
2 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

The ladies' team may well be self-sustaining. Although the wages involved are modest, its membership of the WPL brings nationwide attention to the club, and this is in turn makes us more attractive to sponsors. I think a prudent owner would see it as an opportunity rather than something to be offloaded.

In order to compete with the bigger clubs, Notts will have to invest significantly in the ladies side. The ladies team have a real fight on their hands to stay in the top division next season. There's no real expose outside the top flight. 

In that case the ladies' team will just have to cut its cloth accordingly and try to hang in there. In time it'll no doubt find its natural level. But in the meantime, the club can use its place in the sun to attract sponsors and for PR purposes, which would surely be better than just closing it down, with all the negative messages that would bring about where we're going.

Supporter+
1 minute ago, DangerousSausage said:

In that case the ladies' team will just have to cut its cloth accordingly and try to hang in there. In time it'll no doubt find its natural level. But in the meantime, the club can use its place in the sun to attract sponsors and for PR purposes, which would surely be better than just closing it down, with all the negative messages that would bring about where we're going.

Agreed. The ladies must compete in the WSL this season. Anything less is simply unacceptable. 

• Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

To be honest I think there was an air of inevitibility about today's news. Ray Trew's position was becoming almost untenable with there appearing to be an ever growing divide between the club and the supporters. The Trews did save this cub and for that we will be eternally gratefull, but the fact of the matter is £20million and seven years later we're back where we were before the Munto fiasco, and a change of leadership has been needed for some time. In an ideal world we want someone to come in who knows the game and who has a clear plan of action for the club, something I never felt we had under Ray. He seemed to change what he wanted with every manager he hired and fired.

Of course, it's easy to sit here and say what we need, but actually getting that is difficult. Where we go from here is unclear, though you'd like to think that if the likes of Accrington, Crawley and Bristol Rovers can attract new owners then so can we. Only time will tell I guess. 

• Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

Not really a lot for me to add to the above posts.

Pretty shocked, as all we needed was a decent manager to get the fans back onside.

Mr and Mrs Trew seemed like decent people, but they lurched from one strange managerial appointment to another.

Personal abuse is wrong, but the answer is simple.....keep yourself and your family away from media websites....all announcements come from your PR department.

My final point is this, unless there is a buyer in the wings who has some serious cash to pay off some of the reported £20 million owed to the Trews.....this could drag on for a while yet.

• Content Count:  4,725
  • Days Won:  27

Good coverage by the local media, its nice to know the deals been in the talks for awhile.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, tarquinbeech said:

Personal abuse is wrong, but the answer is simple.....keep yourself and your family away from media websites....all announcements come from your PR department.

Personal abuse is wrong, but so is taking offence to every little thing and trying to play silly little games. Why did she suddenly start posting on this website after ignoring it for so long? Disruption. I believe they wanted fans to bite to provide them with an excuse.

Some people can't help themselves.

Archived