Match Discussion: Game 43 - The Bees (A)

PON_News

Game 43 - The Bees (A)

Team: Barnet FC

Date: 19/04/16

Where: The Hive

What line-up should Mark Cooper opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Like 1

This is going to be really interesting, but Cooper has a major problem in the fact that he has to get to a points target in order to guarantee himself a contract. For that reason I think he has his hands tied and won't be able to savagely rip apart the side like he would hope to normally.

Low risk alterations are to bring in Wildin at right back, because that position can't get any worse and perhaps Gibson up front in place of McLeod. Sarpong appears to be the type of midfielder we need, as in he can tackle and also score goals, but I can only see 2 of the 3 playing at most.

• Like 1

now we are safe, we need to give some players more of a chance. i want to see murray start, gibson too.

i think cooper wont strain that far from his selection, so i am not expecting 6 or more chances like ricardo would have done.

I may be mad to suggest it but I would not change the squad all that much. Mansfield should be written off and only the few should be benched as punishment. Barnet is a different type of opposition so we should not undo the recent work under Cooper.

Give some players like Gibson more of a chance I agree but don't cut the squad up completely.

It was always going to take time for things to settle, the thrashing may just be a blip. At least one would hope so.

Supporter+

Rumour has it that MC has reached his points target. Not sure how true that is. 

Barnet are very strong at home. I think they'll win tonight. 2-1. 

I'll actually be at the Hive on April 30th. Going to the Yeovil game with a friend who lives in London. I like going to the Hive, this will be my second visit, although I'll be honest and say I loved Underhill, a throw back to the old days.....

I'm not sure, I think we would have heard something and for me - it may be a case of jumping the gun based on his comments but who knows.

I feel like writing what I did after Portsmouth but @medievalmickey will probably reign on my parade. :lol: In all seriousness, Cooper does show that he doesn't like conceding silly goals and has shown it's been something he/the squad have worked on. Barnet a decent outfit in League Two, however even after Saturday I would hope to see no fear from the players. The hard part has been achieved, we just need to see it continue and I hope Mansfield was just a blip.

Personally I think it will be 2-0 (or 2-1) but I am quite confident.

Make some changes but don't gut the squad, it isn't required. Moniz didn't work through players mistakes, so there was no progression with the woeful defending and I'm not even going to mention Fullarton.

Let's just go and do ourselves proud.

• Like 1

Supporter+

I'd be surprised if the point total expected was more than 50 points given what MC inherited. I'd give him the job regardless.

• Like 1

I haven't listened to the whole of the first half, yet what I have done sounds more positive.

A couple of moments whereby I felt like fans would say 'here we go' but Loach is doing okay. It's hard to tell how dangerous they look, as Colin doesn't exactly describe changes (not being picky Uncle Colin) but saying they breaking with pace, doesn't exactly provide me with a picture of the game. I think scoring another would be wise, as we know the longer we hang onto a 1-0 lead - perhaps the more prone we are in losing our focus.

Going two up convincingly breeds confidence.

But hey! We are winning. COYP

There we go, the reason why we need two goals.

Why do we always end up doing something daft like giving a way a penalty? It's been described as 'soft' and Mark Stallard says he doesn't know if it was or wasn't. There is one thing to be said, the hard work in the first half has been undone.

Supporter+

Not unexpected. Still it's 8 conceded it 2 games. MC has an unenviable task ahead of him.

• Like 1