erindoors come on down

irishpete

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

15 minutes ago, DoddingtonPie said:

... and its June next week... 8 weeks till kick off!

I know not much time really when so much needs doing , let's hope we hear of a managerial appointment asap , I would have liked a sale first but that could be a long way off if at all , so matters football need taking care of with some urgency I feel .

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

The longer it takes to appoint a new manager, the smaller the pool of decent players will be left available. A lot of the good players will wait before deciding, but it is leaving us playing catch up, especially when it comes to reinforcing the defense.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  34
  • Days Won:  1

Was registered on here in the last 24hrs &,didnt bother answering the questions.To me,that just sums everything up with what is wrong at the club,absolutely no communication at all & answer only what you want too.

3 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Are you surprised? 

Not really.Remember thinking when we won promotion after they had taken over,& some thought the sun shone out of their arses,"let me buy you a drink Ray"& all the arse licking at Torquay,couldn,t stay off Forums for love nor money.lets see how you handle things when they go "**** up".Well we have seen it.Toys out the pram.In life you take the good with the bad.Obviously these can,t in football.

I actually think RT should have got outside investment & had a proper board.Yes there would have been arguements,but at least he would have seen different views from outside "the clique".who knows where we would be now.DP had a favourite saying "Hindsight is a wonderful thing".Wish I had got £1 everytime he said it.I could have bought Notts. 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

We need communication, but above all we need considered, professional statements from the club and not rash posts on forums or poorly devised statements having a dig at players or ex-managers put out on the OS. I've had my fill of that.

About the takeover: I doubt anyone is in a position to disclose where the sticking points where. Even if talks have broken down, there's always the possibility that the consortium will return with a better offer, so it's not a good idea to tread on their toes.

• Content Count:  174
  • Days Won:  2

On 24 May 2016 at 15:00, irishpete said:

Was registered on here in the last 24hrs &,didnt bother answering the questions.To me,that just sums everything up with what is wrong at the club,absolutely no communication at all & answer only what you want too.

didn't realise you were tracking my every move! Disappointed the sign in anonymously key has disappeared.

I don't often come on here. Sometimes, though, I know someone will have sent me a dm, which i always answer. Usually I use the sign in anonymously function but that has now been removed!

I don't always trawl through every post to see whats been asked of me. The reason is simple: I've answered nearly everything before, but you don't like the answers, so you ask again.

Its wrong to say there is no communication from the club. Perhaps you just haven't seen things you want in your urgency to have things resolved. Some things just take longer. Every stage won't be reported, thats not how it works. I do understand that is frustrating in this modern age of sm provoking the need for instant gratification.

I've been out there and available every game, and those who want to ask me questions have always got an honest answer. I've never ignored an email, text or phone call from a supporter. I'm also on twitter and Facebook. I also know the CEO has been contacted and has responded, as has Ray when he's not been really busy.

However, this is a supporters forum and one which I'm certainly not always welcome on. Many aren't actually demanding answers, they are merely voicing concerns and criticisms, or even just outright dislike. Thats their prerogative and something which needs no input from me.

There will be a few releases on the OS over the next couple of days for those who don't just go by the forums. Hope that helps.

PS editor, please don't promote as an "exclusive" like you did the last time I answered questions.

PPS editor, I notice dm's are now also being doctored. Mine was...

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

On 24 May 2016 at 15:00, irishpete said: Was registered on here in the last 24hrs &,didnt bother answering the questions.To me,that just sums everything up with what is wrong at the club,absolutely no communication at all & answer only what you want too.

didn't realise you were tracking my every move! Disappointed the sign in anonymously key has disappeared.

I don't often come on here. Sometimes, though, I know someone will have sent me a dm, which i always answer. Usually I use the sign in anonymously function but that has now been removed!

I don't always trawl through every post to see whats been asked of me. The reason is simple: I've answered nearly everything before, but you don't like the answers, so you ask again.

Its wrong to say there is no communication from the club. Perhaps you just haven't seen things you want in your urgency to have things resolved. Some things just take longer. Every stage won't be reported, thats not how it works. I do understand that is frustrating in this modern age of sm provoking the need for instant gratification.

I've been out there and available every game, and those who want to ask me questions have always got an honest answer. I've never ignored an email, text or phone call from a supporter. I'm also on twitter and Facebook. I also know the CEO has been contacted and has responded, as has Ray when he's not been really busy.

However, this is a supporters forum and one which I'm certainly not always welcome on. Many aren't actually demanding answers, they are merely voicing concerns and criticisms, or even just outright dislike. Thats their prerogative and something which needs no input from me.

There will be a few releases on the OS over the next couple of days for those who don't just go by the forums. Hope that helps.

PS editor, please don't promote as an "exclusive" like you did the last time I answered questions.

PPS editor, I notice dm's are now also being doctored. Mine was...

Thankyou for responding, as you say things can get abit frustrating when there isn't major news every other week but you coming on and at least communicating with us is always appreciated, and you are always welcome here despite frustration getting the better of folk at times ( myself included)

Well you still didnt answer.For your info,I,m not stalking you,just noticed at the bottom of the page one day I was on.As for news out of the club,I live in Ireland,not Nottingham anymore,so rarely get to games,not on twitter or facebook.Gods its easy to get your back up.

Roll on when you have gone. 

On 24/05/2016 at 09:54, DoddingtonPie said:

@erindoorsThanks for your reply and will watch for updates on the official site , don't feel you displayed having your back up just responding ,

As for football matters the close season soon passes and time is important as Doddingtonpie  alluded to. 

Had a senior moment setting this message up a bit mixed but hope you get me lol .

4 hours ago, irishpete said:

Well you still didnt answer.For your info,I,m not stalking you,just noticed at the bottom of the page one day I was on.As for news out of the club,I live in Ireland,not Nottingham anymore,so rarely get to games,not on twitter or facebook.Gods its easy to get your back up.

Roll on when you have gone. 

Really, if you knew me, and understood what I've put up with over the years, you'd know its quite hard to get my back up, so sorry you feel that way. Constant snipes such as "roll on when you're gone" for instance, don't concern me at all, but do understand that if thats how you talk to and about me, I'm likely to be a little more uninhibited about my own terminology. It's subconscious relating.

May I ask Mrs Trew, is there likely to be any statement on ownership by the club in the near future, or is it still some distance away?

You know what,I wasn,t in the anti Trew camp,thought you & Ray at the start were a breath of fresh air for the club.Even when some things didn,t go just right,never took an opinion as such.But,this season,the way you have conducted yourself on forums & Ray throwing his toys out of the pram,picking & choosing what you answer,like mine(Mansfield),posting on twitter "the phoenix has risen"out of exile,what kind of an owner is that?.I,ll tell ya,not one that I want associated with my team.

Yeah,I ve had a few hard years.Do you seriously think I chat about you off this message board & call you.Get real.Read what most are saying on other forums.Communication is dire from the club

PS Still not given an answer to the 3 questions.Didn,t want graphic details,but for some unknown reason you can,t answer them.

• Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

Let's try not to let things get personal guys, at the end of the day we all want notts to succeed, some may not agree with the way things have gone over the past few months but that's no excuse for this discussion to be anything more than football, little digs are not the way to go about it, not aimed at anyone but just a reminder to all!

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  71

@irishpete you probably need to stop taking things personally, and again, I'm not sure if you mean it but I note quite an aggressive tone in your messages and that's not going to help one iota!

@erindoors you mention multiple statements being announced in the next few days, obviously one is going to be the manager, would some others give a clearer picture on the embargo and ownership status? At least the embargo anyway? I think a lot of fans are concerned about next season, if we can't strengthen the squad, we are in deep doodoo

52 minutes ago, irishpete said:

You know what,I wasn,t in the anti Trew camp,thought you & Ray at the start were a breath of fresh air for the club.Even when some things didn,t go just right,never took an opinion as such.But,this season,the way you have conducted yourself on forums & Ray throwing his toys out of the pram,picking & choosing what you answer,like mine(Mansfield),posting on twitter "the phoenix has risen"out of exile,what kind of an owner is that?.I,ll tell ya,not one that I want associated with my team.

Yeah,I ve had a few hard years.Do you seriously think I chat about you off this message board & call you.Get real.Read what most are saying on other forums.Communication is dire from the club

PS Still not given an answer to the 3 questions.Didn,t want graphic details,but for some unknown reason you can,t answer them.

I think given how whats posted on social media, which has affected my life, my family, my reputation and my health, i have conducted myself in the main, with decorum. Its all how you view it.

I have no idea why you think I believe I'm a topic of conversation in your private life. It would be sad if i was!

And I'm not responsible for what my husband writes, so why bring it up?

I don't need to give you intricate details of everything. I've answered all of your queries in various locations, including in person. I am sorry you have had a hard few years (if thats what you're saying.)

IT seems we are different personalities and will probably never see eye to eye, but as a fellow supporter, I do wish you well.

41 minutes ago, Melikepie said:

@irishpete you probably need to stop taking things personally, and again, I'm not sure if you mean it but I note quite an aggressive tone in your messages and that's not going to help one iota!

@erindoors you mention multiple statements being announced in the next few days, obviously one is going to be the manager, would some others give a clearer picture on the embargo and ownership status? At least the embargo anyway? I think a lot of fans are concerned about next season, if we can't strengthen the squad, we are in deep doodoo

absolutely. And there's no need for galoshes. ;-)  COYP

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

41 minutes ago, Melikepie said: @irishpete you probably need to stop taking things personally, and again, I'm not sure if you mean it but I note quite an aggressive tone in your messages and that's not going to help one iota!

absolutely. And there's no need for galoshes. ;-)  COYP

See eBay if you want to buy my redundant galoshes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

its amazing how quickly tones can be changed.

On 24/05/2016 at 12:30, Fozzy said:

The longer it takes to appoint a new manager, the smaller the pool of decent players will be left available. A lot of the good players will wait before deciding, but it is leaving us playing catch up, especially when it comes to reinforcing the defense.

on the subject i think it was better notts took their time, i just hope sheridan is the right man for the position but again the club have overhyped things which does not help.

Indeed, but I've decided to stop moping around (for now) and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. I still stand by the above, as some clubs are already strengthening whereas we still have a lot of deadwood to (somehow) shift.

Thanks AT and indeed all at the club , great news today , looking forward to more up building info coming out in the near future, coyp indeed .

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

I don't think some fans realise how lucky they are getting direct input from a club director on a messageboard like this!  Very, very few league clubs are afforded that privilege.  There is a valid reason that many things have to remain confidential, and regular updates just aren't a good idea when things can change so quickly.  Saying that, I still think it's better for Mrs T to stay away, and I'm sorry to name you irishpete, but I believe posters like you are one of the main reasons.  

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+
1 hour ago, Elite_pie said:

I don't think some fans realise how lucky they are getting direct input from a club director on a messageboard like this!  Very, very few league clubs are afforded that privilege.  There is a valid reason that many things have to remain confidential, and regular updates just aren't a good idea when things can change so quickly.  Saying that, I still think it's better for Mrs T to stay away, and I'm sorry to name you irishpete, but I believe posters like you are one of the main reasons.  

Notts are a laughing stock. I was speaking to some Barnet fans today and they asked when would we have new owners. We all agreed it would be best all round. Other clubs think Notts are a joke and they are right. Most of that is down to the amateurish approach by the current owners. The sooner there's a change in ownership, the better. We can start to repair our tattered reputation.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

I agree with the underlining issues of the above post.

To a point I also agree with @Elite_pie but we are not in senior school now. This whole pro or anti Trew is a joke, let people have their say and respect it. If you agree or disagree its really beside the point. I do not agree with the way the club is being ran at the moment but I have nothing against any individuals. 

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,779
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Assuming still no news, hoping to hear reaffirmation by RT and AT of real emotional, understanding and financial commitment to Notts for the next year, until such time an acceptable buyer ( to both the Trews and taking Notts as a Club forward as one surfaces)

Archived