A letter from the UK to the EU

Supporter+

Dearest EU, 

I'm devastated that it has come to this but the time has come to say goodbye. When we first got together, it was so much fun, we were free to do our thing but loved cuddling up on the couch and enjoying each other's company, but then you changed. You started asking me who I was going out with, you wouldn't let me do my own thing, you said I know what is best for you. You talked about spending my money for me. You told me I would have to welcome a bunch of people that I didn't know and have nothing in common with into my home. 

I hope we can stay friends. Please don't react by breaking my CDs and throwing my clothes out the window. Let's be adults about this. I sincerely hope you reconsider your behaviour and you become all the better for it. 

It's not me darling, it's you. 

I will always love you

GREAT Britain. 

Supporter+
1 hour ago, Piethagoram said:

Pretty pathetic @Dripsey3 UK loses inward investment and much needed jobs... Pound crashes on foreign exchange markets, at the end of the day, the poor will suffer

That's your opinion and I respect it. This was the people voting to reject an elitist EU which serves banks and big business. I used to support the EU when it wasn't on the road to a political union. I'd rather have holes in my shoes or no shoes at all than be ruled from Brussels. To accept direct rule is to betray the generations who made the ultimate sacrifice so we could be free. I'm sad that it has come to this. The rest of us have lost a strong democratic voice. We are now at the mercy of the federalist juggernaut. It's time for the people to rise up and say as one, No to political integration, yes to democratic co-operation. That's my final word on it. 

age.jpg

Well done to all you old f***ers who listened to the hopes and wishes of the next generation. What a proud moment this is for the country, hatred and fear prosper over logic, looking into the past rather than the future, what a fine decision. Led by such pillars of society such as Farage and Boris, I hope you all enjoy your ale and non-British cigars down the pub whilst singing 'we hate Muslims'. 

I now know why politicians never listen to the people in our country, because half of us are morons!

Steady now people, let's keep it civil. There were perfectly legitimate reasons to vote leave aside from hatred. I honestly believe this vote was lose-lose, or in the words of an acquaintance, "we're choosing a ditch to die in".

Of course I'm furious about the people whose motivation was diffuse hate and intolerance. I'm also upset about the government denying the very people who had most to lose - EU migrants - a vote. Instead the leave campaign used us as a scapegoat.

It must be remembered that we never fully joined the EU: opt out of this and that and reject the Euro. Politicians never listen to the electorate and are evasive whenever possible.

Referendum question did not enable fence sitting unless you abstained or spoilt your paper.

Governments should govern and I was taught many years ago that ruling by referendum was weak and fraught with danger.

Maybe if the remain camp had concentrated on giving the electorate facts on the benefits of being in Europe, rather than trying to scare people with what would happen if we left, then we might have gotten a different result, unfortunately they didn't and the working class people have voted because of what they see around them.

The EU is imploding and now that we are going to take our toys and play on our own, it won't be long until others join the queue to exit as I cannot see how France, Germany and Italy are going to fund it. This has a massive impact on Europe, not just the UK and the threats from high ranking European officials has backfired on them.

I fear for what might come in the short term, but at the same time it is now going to be much more interesting.

8 minutes ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36616028

This is known as a map of the numpties. Whilst Notts doesn't bask itself in glory, we can still find some gratification that we're nowhere near as thick as Mansfield. 

Or maybe not as intelligent, as nobody will know the answer until we are 5, or 10 years down the line.

8 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

age.jpg

Well done to all you old f***ers who listened to the hopes and wishes of the next generation. What a proud moment this is for the country, hatred and fear prosper over logic, looking into the past rather than the future, what a fine decision. Led by such pillars of society such as Farage and Boris, I hope you all enjoy your ale and non-British cigars down the pub whilst singing 'we hate Muslims'. 

I now know why politicians never listen to the people in our country, because half of us are morons!

You seem to be suggesting that old people shouldn't vote? If the elderly, or perhaps just the older-than- you aren't allowed to vote who else would be denied their right? I think what you really mean is that the vote should be denied to those who disagree with your viewpoint. Not very democratic!

There are any number of decent reasons why people voted to leave.

12 hours ago, Riverleeno said:

You seem to be suggesting that old people shouldn't vote? If the elderly, or perhaps just the older-than- you aren't allowed to vote who else would be denied their right? I think what you really mean is that the vote should be denied to those who disagree with your viewpoint. Not very democratic!

No, I'm not.

Hate attacks have gone up against not only EU migrants but all foreigners and even British people of black or Asian origin, the Leave camp doesn't actually want to trigger Article 50 (they never wanted to in the first place and now they have no idea what to do), the PM has decided to resign and pass the buck to whichever unlucky sod runs the country next, the EU is all too eager to see the UK get out as soon as they can, and on top of all that, Jeremy Corbyn is clearly not wanted by most of his own MPs and even many of his supporters have now abandoned him - the only exception being the radical student-types, hippies, and other various far-left people for whom violence is a possible option. So we may very well have pogroms against foreigners and Nazis and commies openly fighting in the streets.

Congratulations UK, you have become 1930s Germany! :thumbsup:

thats a bit harsh dont you think jj? its more like america here by the day. :lol:

the eu is a joke and being a part of it even more, i find it saddening that if its such a major thing to the world economy that nobody bothered to try and talk the uk out of it from within the eu. i cant help but feel we are better off.

I keep seeing people posting things on Facebook like "if the EU doesn't like it then we can f**k them off!", "if London doesn't like it they can f**k off!" "If Scotland / Northern Ireland don't like it they can f**k off!".

Well, I'm not sure if those people are pining for a state like North Korea which has pretty much told every other country to f**k off and is trying to have a stab at it themselves, but cooperation, diplomacy and concessions are kind of needed to, you know, have any semblance of an economy?

At the moment it feels like the UK has quit their job in a huff, told their employer to f**k off, made a huge scene in the office and in the street, and had a huge weekend session to celebrate, but now it's trying to come to terms with what to do next, mindful that there are bills to pay and mouths to feed.

1 hour ago, Joe Jones said:

I keep seeing people posting things on Facebook like "if the EU doesn't like it then we can f**k them off!", "if London doesn't like it they can f**k off!" "If Scotland / Northern Ireland don't like it they can f**k off!".

Well, I'm not sure if those people are pining for a state like North Korea which has pretty much told every other country to f**k off and is trying to have a stab at it themselves, but cooperation, diplomacy and concessions are kind of needed to, you know, have any semblance of an economy?

Whilst I agree with your post in the main part, for me Scotland can do one. Sick and tired of their bitchy whining and victim attitude whilst bringing very little to the table. 

17 hours ago, liampie said:

oh and perhaps boris johnson will build walls around scotland and wales to keep them out? :rolleyes:

Wales? Are you sure you understand the events? 

9 minutes ago, Joe Jones said:

Yes, just build walls. That works. Worked a treat for Germany in the second half of the 20th century didn't it?

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

Only Donald Trump is seriously thinking of building walls. Still, if this happens and Scotland goes independent and rejoins the EU, we will need border controls across the Scottish border, as it would then be the outer boundary of the EU.

What a depressing time we live in.

Change was needed but for me not an exit , a fight for change stronger from within , a stable economy has been put in serious jeopardy which could cause greater problems not just on our shores, feel it's a step into the dark and the disruption isn't worth the exit , recovery will happen but how long ahead ?? Who knows , people's fears are real on immigration so tougher control is needed , but for me not a strong enough reason to exit , if it was a larger margin maybe I would think differently. 

Archived