Mark Yeates arrives on permanent deal

Chris

Mark Yeates has arrived on permanent deal, until end of the season (classy media made a mistake), he's a winger and 32-years-old.

Quite hard working from my knowledge, also know he's the type that has plenty of experience in the two basement divisions. A part from that I will have to see him, we all know its how players settle and that records speak little but I'm just pleased to see that we have signed someone.

Thoughts?

This is welcome news. We have scored eight goals in the last 13 games. You can't lay that solely at the strikers' door, we need some creativity in midfield. I hope he reproduces his form in the video for us.

I am a bit curious as to why Blackpool are willing to let him go on loan though.

Supporter+

He's definitely an upgrade on Rodman. Good signing for a side fighting against relegation. The kind of player who'll get stuck in which is what you need. 

4 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

This is a perm and not a loan, or am I losing my marbles? 

Yes, major mistake from a local source who rushed their story (which is where I read he had arrived on loan). Yet Blackpool mutually terminated his contract, I'm unsure which is worse having a contract turn up or being pushed on loan to the same division.

I just hope he impresses

4 hours ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

Alan hardy said a permanent deal ?

I shouldn't read other locations, I'll stick to Hardy.

I just hope other fans notice how frequent these mistakes are made because it greatly annoys me.

i hope we sign some more, when is the window closed? 12pm? mark yeates seems to have enough about him to help.

loan or to the end of the season, it makes little difference. get him working hard and keep players wanting to perform, not just to get a contract. if he left blackpool because he was not playing i think its a positive.

Still waiting for a centre half to be announced. There has been quite a few names bandied around, but none of the centre halves with Wilson looking very unlikely. 

It is THE position that needs addressing now that we have a winger and striker, because of Audel gets injured we are stuffed in that position!

Archived