Luther Wildin to Stevenage

Piethagoram

I really admire him as a lot of kids released by Notts just disappear off to non league never to be seen again. Wildin has taken the step backwards, worked hard and now has another chance. A good gamble by Stevenage I feel.

I don't think us releasing him is a bad thing, he never stood a chance of getting game time here and at least his career will soon be on the up (rather than being held back). It's nice to think of a lad making it through our youth system and into our first team squad but there needs to be a pathway for them. Also, the manager needs to believe in them and allow for mistakes.

Maybe once Kevin Nolan is experienced enough he will be able to achieve this?

I wish Luther Wildin well, maybe he will return to play for us one day? Who knows, his career may rise naturally now though.

We have a very poor track record in the last twenty years of getting players through the youth books to step onto the league stage.

We seem to spend more time looking back at Drapes, TJ etc... than actually producing quality anymore. Really hope with AH at the helm we can get the production line going.

Curtis Thompson looked good, but was it just him looking good amongst the rubbish? and HH... Well.

that goal he scored on international duty! he looked brill.

i really wondered why we released him but i dont think it may have been down to his ability whilst here, probably more to do with getting more experience. i wish him luck.

At the point of releasing him he wasn't good enough, like most players who have come through academy football though, they could come good at any point as they have been given every opportunity to do so.

I think Nicky Hunt has looked class everytime he has played this year, I'd have played him centre half as he does a lot of very good stuff that goes unnoticed

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived