Recent Events! Lets Talk ...

samwatto2008

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

So lets talk! 

13 goals conceded in 5 games.

48 goals conceded in 46 games in 2017/18 season. 

Already over a quarter of the way there in terms of goals conceded. 

So the first problem that needs to be addressed is the goalkeeper. Is Fitz good enough to be a promotion challenging side in League Two? Simple answer is NO. He has little to no football league experience and the lad is only 24. He should not be rushed into a big Number 1 role in his first season of proper professional football. He would benefit from going out on loan IMO, maybe to a side like Aldershot who thrive under pressure and get good gate receipts week in week out. I just don't think he's ready for a promotion challenge yet at his age with no experience. Statistics don't lie and he looks to have lost confidence already and we're only 5 games in.

The second problem ... the defense. Richard Duffy and Brisely's performances have been woeful, embarrassing, dreadful, pathetic and draining. Duffy is in no way shape or form fit to wear the captains armband for the next game never mind the season. So disappointed with these pairs efforts recently and have been unable to adapt to a new style of football which as a professional you would expect. The full backs, excuse Hewitt from this because hes not a RB so Ill give him the benefit of the doubt. However ... Jones. Well Jones is completely useless and is unable to pass a ball to someones feet, I like him as a player and maybe he is just not the same player but his crosses are dire and he needs to be practicing these in training so he can nail them on for game day. I have no idea how to fix this sorry excuse for a defensive and the man that does is way above my pay grade.

Finally, this NOLAN OUT stuff is completely uncalled for. Nolan is a respectable man and manager. He survived the terrors that doomed of the National League and achieved a Play Off Finish last season. This form will turn around and he is going to hit a bad patch in his career. Its been all UP from here and I think as fans we only expect it to go UP and never DOWN. Well now we are a team that has stopped growth and hit a flat spot. Nolan knows how to get the best out of these lads. However the lads have got to want to play for him, theirs no point in playing players that don't want to play with each other (defense). He needs to lay down ground rules and punishments IMO. He needs to spot these problems and isolate them and work on them in training. There's too much going wrong at the moment and this needs to be addressed in training and worked on until we can get it right. 

Training for example, put Boldewjin, Hemmings and Dennis against our defense and try to stop conceding a goal form our own front three. Our front three is one of the best in the league so if our defense can deal with our own front three they can deal with any front three. More needs to be done in training and more hours I think because whatever they're doing now just seems to be a waste of time and it isn't working.

Understand this is a long post to read but I think it is important we all share our opinions on what we all think is going wrong and how we can fix it. Name a few names of players you might like to see come in on loan before the window closes. I would appreciate your time to reply to this post.

Thanks, Sam

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,294
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Without doubt, whether we've spent a lot regardless. Use some of the Dongda He money and get some players on loan.

- Cm who tackles and battles

- Cb who can defend and pass a ball

- Keeper who is experienced 

- Lb who can defend and pass a ball 

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,904
  • Days Won:  17

One thing for sure, Hardy needs to do something to address the above and PDQ! COYP

• Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

33 minutes ago, ARLukomski said:

- Cm who tackles and battles

Dare I say it, the CM who tackles? We offered O'Connor peanuts of a new contract so he left for a rival.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,294
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

44 minutes ago, samwatto2008 said:

Dare I say it, the CM who tackles? We offered O'Connor peanuts of a new contract so he left for a rival.

Had a feeling O'Connor would leave anyway. Should we have done all we could to keep him. You know what. Yes. I realise now we should have kept him. O'Connor and Vaughan or O'Connor and Husin sounds good for this league

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

one thing i now see is how different each new signing is, however the retained players are all too similar and kn struggles to get out of form players back in form when there is such a large amount. i am very nolan in but he is starting to lose support, its also hard to defend when he makes the same mistakes. its clear now that we need a new keeper, fitz is not good enough and might only be with a proper challenger ready to step in when he plays so poor.

i think notts are adding the pressure on themselves and the defenders are bringing everyone else down.

• Content Count:  128
  • Days Won:  0

@samwatto2008 The amount of goals conceded is scary to think about and if something isn't done now the clubs going to lose the chance of gaining promotion this season.

Just a few wins now could make the world of a difference.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,470
  • Days Won:  15

Notts are currently in a nasty loop which is going round and round.

Defensively Notts don't do enough and now that a lot fans are in a meltdown mode or having knee jerk reactions, its only allowing the cycle to continue. There's not much hope for improvements enough to revert it, I think the damage is done now but Kevin Nolan might be lucky enough to get to January and then fix things. I can't see any loan players making that much difference.

A win might encourage the players and restore some belief but with Fitzsimons in goal I feel we will be weak.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

It's a great discussion but its too depressing to go into detail at the moment.

I'm going to rebel and be a teen here, just not going to acknowledge the terrible, terrible mess that Notts are in. Sorry! :( 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

On 22/08/2018 at 09:21, samwatto2008 said:

Training for example, put Boldewjin, Hemmings and Dennis against our defense and try to stop conceding a goal form our own front three. Our front three is one of the best in the league so if our defense can deal with our own front three they can deal with any front three. More needs to be done in training and more hours I think because whatever they're doing now just seems to be a waste of time and it isn't working.

Create two teams, then put the back four and Ross Fitzsimons in a training session game where they have to deal with both teams. Make it harder, get them dealing with two footballs and really pile the pressure on.

The only issue is they might do better then buckle in a live environment.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's almost like the mess that Kevin Nolan walked into.

However, this time it's their first real fix because it's the players brought into the club by Nolan and Alan Hardy.

Training certainly can help, however I still feel that an experienced keeper is needed. I don't think a centre back will be found, not the type we need and I can't see KN dropping Duffy. Shaun Brisley can do well, if those around him increase their own performance. Something needs to be done, I would be disappointed if a keeper doesn't come in during the loan window.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

I’m for Nolan and that won’t change he needs time and the team to gel things will get there I’ve every faith. We have had fans that are over reacting they only know one way ..! 

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Nolan has gone, people will want an instant fix and my worry is if the new manager needs more time than we can afford.

• Chris unfeatured this topic

Archived