I am so annoyed!

samwatto2008

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

So ... after listening to Kevin Nolan's interview on BBC Nottingham after his sacking it has infuriated me to the fullest. Alan Hardy has completely let him down hugely. Nolan hinted that he wanted to keep players from last year but due to budget we were not able to. So explain to me why we can sign Enzio Boldewjin for a reported 300,000 then. Same with Hemmings and Dennis. I am worried that our club is turning into a sinking ship with this complete buffoon at the helm of it. I have lost all respect for Alan Hardy and un followed him on twitter. He left Kevin in the dark and gave him promises that were never delivered. Feel so sorry for Kevin Nolan and if this next manager appointment is shocking then I will be considering giving my season ticket back in. So angry. 

Let us know your thoughts down below.  

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

There has been hints from former players about certain decisions being outside of the managers hands on Twitter.

It could all just be bitter lemons.

I'm not that concerned, I just want to see Notts kick start the season.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  89

15 minutes ago, TheSkipper said:

There has been hints from former players about certain decisions being outside of the managers hands on Twitter.

It could all just be bitter lemons.

I'm not that concerned, I just want to see Notts kick start the season.

It's not really how it came across. I assume it went something like this:

AH: "We would like to release those players as they take up a lot of the budget".
KN: "I would like to keep them but if it is instead of xyz, then I'm happy to let them go."

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

Ok I was concerned when Nolan mentioned the above also, but thinking about it surely you sort the retained list out before handing in your request for new players? Maybe it was partial nievity on Nolan’s part that he thought oh well I’m getting 1,2 and 3 on my player requested list but I’ll have to sacrifice some of my seasoned vets then so be it I’m upgrading. 

Then as preseason started he realised what he lost. I guess the players in question are Collin and OConnor and let’s face it Nolan isn’t the only person to think the two expendable, I definitely thought we wouldn’t miss Collin, though I was in the OConnor camp but some people didn’t believe in him after an injury plagued season, and the fact he was a part of the massive ten game skid. 

For me the most frustrating part is the fact we are back to short-termism that plagued the Trews. Chopping and changing our managers has never worked for us. There are so many examples of clubs have disappointing seasons, that stick by their manager and then go up the season after. I thought that is what AH was doing, building the infrastructure, get a promising young manager in, allow him time and space to make mistakes, and then reap the benefits.

Unfortunately it's not the case, and I do feel a bit disenfranchised with the club at the moment. I am 100% confident that Nolan would have turned it around and took us up this season or the next. AH is not a billionaire and I'm no longer confident in which strategy he's employing to drive the club forward.

Feel sorry for Nolan, when he returns to management it'll be like someone bonking your ex-misses who you still pine for.  He will be a success in the future, gutted that it won't be with us.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Kevin Nolan appeared "happy" not delighted over the signings he stated there was more to come and some players should of remained but it appears Hardy had final say. Nolan approved signings. However, the main thing that has annoyed me is Alan Hardys interview "he might of got backing from others" when questioned on Nolan suggesting he's been let down and not backed. 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Got to say after reflecting on the full interview...we have done the right thing.

Feel sorry for the guy on a personal level with him moving his family here etc...but I’m sure his wages will have compensated them nicely for that. 

Professionally he came across like the arrogant child wanting everything to go his way all the time. 

Transfers. He had a list and gave it to the boss and we ended up with all of them. Well done Alan then. He then says he may have forgotten about parts of the team? Refuses to admit the defence is crap and only focused on a new central midfielder because the dressing room is lacking? What about the actual game? That’s been fairly lacking for a while mate! 

Didn't convince me we’ve made a massive mistake. 

Would have loved for the ‘fairy tale’ to have worked, but it didn’t and we have to reflect on the fact we’ve been rubbish for nearly all of 2018.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

29 minutes ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

It's not really how it came across. I assume it went something like this:

AH: "We would like to release those players as they take up a lot of the budget".
KN: "I would like to keep them but if it is instead of xyz, then I'm happy to let them go."

Sounds like all the players who left or was released respected Kevin Nolan, the way some seemed to have been pushed out the door I am not sure they would.

1 minute ago, CliftonMagpie said:

Sounds like all the players who left or was released respected Kevin Nolan, the way some seemed to have been pushed out the door I am not sure they would.

Likely KN used the budget as an excuse to move them on. 

Liam Noble is **** and he wanted to leave anyway? Funny to see his spelling ability is on par with his footballing ability. 

Appears majority of fans and footballing fans and players are sympathetic with Nolan. Rightly so in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Bainbridge NCFC said:

Appears majority of fans and footballing fans and players are sympathetic with Nolan. Rightly so in my opinion. 

Some of these so called pundits and media personalities get on my nerves.

They haven't the slightest clue about L2 football but wade in on the debate. Stick to Man City and Chelsea you buffoons.

@Super_Danny_Allsopp pundits, mostly made up of ex-pros, majority of time talk sense. Just because league 2 isn't seen as much as the prem doesn't mean they ain't got a clue. 

Just now, Bainbridge NCFC said:

@Super_Danny_Allsopp pundits, mostly made up of ex-pros, majority of time talk sense. Just because league 2 isn't seen as much as the prem doesn't mean they ain't got a clue. 

This is paraphrasing, but you get the gist:

'I don't know L2 or what their fixtures have been, they probably played the 5 best teams in the league....'

Yeah... Newport

@Super_Danny_Allsopp yes but when you listen to pundits, like efl on quest or sky sports or BBC suggesting were hot favourites at start of season but now they asking questions of what's going on. 

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Think my take on it is this , KN having given a list of transfer targets to AH which AH delivered , or I should say the club did , must have or should have been able to see the balance wasn’t correct when you take into consideration the change in style anticipated for this season , so were the anticipated loan signings going to fill the void ? We’ll never know , he got what he asked for he maybe should have given it more thought to get the balance nearer to what’s needed , so for me he wasn’t let down on that . 

Having moved his family here I do feel for him on that and it shows he was committed long term . 

Has he been let down as regards time to get over poor form /performance levels , for me no , that would kind of give some kind of comfort zone which is rare in a results driven industry , maybe he felt he had board room level allies who would back him regardless , all that is complacent beyond belief . 

We’ll probably never know all that went on , but I feel more of this saga is yet to unfold , oh for just a chance to talk about football and not football politics . 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

it was probably a decision by both to move certain players on.

i never understood why kevin nolan was obsessed with bringing in liam noble, this seemed to be more alan hardy for me. kn would not have any encounters with him and even then we was saying about how we needed a striker and defender bringing in but some reason it was the midfield that got jammed packed.

there must have been a reason kn succeeded at first and then started to have issues, it would not surprise me if people was sticking in their noses.

"we need exciting players", "lets pack meadow lane". blah blah blah.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Even if Alan Hardy has been interfering or making 'strong suggestions', it's for Kevin Nolan to handle these and ensure the budget is spent wisely.

I feel Nolan might be using it as an excuse myself.

They probably agreed before the start of the pre-season how best to move forward, after all I witnessed KN telling Ross Fitzsimons that he would be the number one next season - straight after the home playoff game against Coventry. That would suggest to me that the budget had been planned and I think there's always a gamble with adding quality to a side which it was previously lacking.

All this said, I still would have given Nolan longer because I do think it could have been turned around. I don't think the meltdown helped matters, this adds pressure for everybody and whoever comes in will have a big task on their hands.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

@samwatto2008 I totally agree .. I think Kevin has been well and truly shafted .. I couldn’t agree more with you said mate .. Hardy right now needs to do a lot to earn my trust again.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I can understand the how people feel but the club has to have the right balance, hopefully AH has made the right decision and fingers crossed KN can get a new job elsewhere. It's important that the club moves forward now in the right way.

Archived