Indian or Chinese ?!?

samwatto2008

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Well you already know my preference, Indian every time, we rarely eat out or get a takeaway but love cooking our own curries from various cook books, Rick Stein A Taste of India being the favourite.

When we go on a cruise with P&O cruises they have a Indian/British fusion restaurant called Sindhu on their ships with recipes developed by Michelin Star chef Atul Kochhar, you pay a small supplement £20 and have the most fantastic meal experience, it’s the best Indian meal I have ever had, fabulous, it’d cost the earth in one of his restaurants on land so £20 for a 5 course meal is a real bargain.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Chinese. Sweet and sour king prawn and efr. That’ll do!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

When we go on a cruise with P&O cruises they have a Indian/British fusion restaurant called Sindhu on their ships with recipes developed by Michelin Star chef Atul Kochhar, you pay a small supplement £20 and have the most fantastic meal experience, it’s the best Indian meal I have ever had, fabulous, it’d cost the earth in one of his restaurants on land so £20 for a 5 course meal is a real bargain.

Small world, we do this exact experience every time we go on P&O Cruises. Love the place but doing an alternative cruise next year with a different company as we think P&O's itineraries are slowly letting it down going to the same places year in year out.

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
2 hours ago, samwatto2008 said:

Small world, we do this exact experience every time we go on P&O Cruises. Love the place but doing an alternative cruise next year with a different company as we think P&O's itineraries are slowly letting it down going to the same places year in year out.

@samwatto2008  Sounds like me and thee have a lot in common, Rick Steins curries and cruising, you’ll be telling me next you’re a Notts County fan..........oh wait. 🤔

• Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

chinese personally, i dont like much indian food because its too hot most of the time.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

I like both, but i'd probably say Chinese because i like more things from a chinese menu compared to a few on an indian one.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Indian is foul and nasty, seriously it's all runny stuff and foul smelling rubbish.

Chinese is heaven on earth in food form, it's got everything you would want in a meal and everything is different. Indian menus are HUGE but much of the items are curry based or just general rubbish. It's fine if you like it but for me, no way. 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I think @Chris needs to find a decent Indian! There are a lot of lame Indians that just serve up meat and interchangeable spicy sauces. But the best are amazing. The best I've visited is Saravanaa Bhavan in Croydon and Frankfurt - they haven't got a website but check the pics in Google. It's vegetarian food like they have in India. I don't know what most of the stuff on the menu is, so I eat a thali, which is lots of little portions. Most of the customers are Indian too, which is always a good sign.

An honourable mention goes to Kebab Masala in Edinburgh, which looks like a complete dive but serves up amazing, cheap and award-winning curries. In my experience it's the flashy-looking places that tend to be most disappointing.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I like both but prefer Chinese food, there's a wider variety of meals and it tastes better to me.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

Both are fine by me, I prefer Italian if I am perfectly honest but Chinese and Indian is equally as good at times.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Indian food is nice but its awful in the States, the dishes are spicy and go straight through you. With my job, I have travelled all over the US and there hasn't been a single Indian restaurant or takeaway that I would consider to be "good". Chinese food is generally of a good stand, which I prefer but you can't beat a good hot curry made from the finest ingredients.

I have been to India many times and the food there is ace.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

On 31/08/2018 at 18:34, Chris said:

Indian is foul and nasty, seriously it's all runny stuff and foul smelling rubbish.

Chinese is heaven on earth in food form, it's got everything you would want in a meal and everything is different. Indian menus are HUGE but much of the items are curry based or just general rubbish. It's fine if you like it but for me, no way. 

I'm exactly the same mate.

I don't like Indian but some Pakistani dishes are nice, there's a lot of similar things but the drier stuff is yummy.

Archived