Is Karl Henry just teasing us?

samwatto2008

6 minutes ago, CliftonMagpie said:

I heard someone at the last home game talking about Karl Henry, they said he was a defender? 

Hes a ball winning midfielder mate. Quality signing if we get him. Brilliant player. Him and Vaughan would be just what we need in the midfield. If we got him I wouldn't mind Fitz in net as he would be the glue to this team. A real leader.

Fans I know have spotted him in West Bridgford and other areas.

He's been rumoured to be looking at properties so this would suggest there might be some truth in him linking up with Notts, it's not denied that the club has shown interest but it's debatable where the truth is and even if we have the money for him.

At his age he could do a fantastic job for Notts, I'm just concerned that we have enough midfielders.

I would like to see some effort placed towards loaning Will Patchings out if the club does aim to bring in another midfielder, he should be playing football.

I'd love to see more of Crawford and Patching. From completely different ends of the spectrum. One having broken into the first team in the physical all action of non-league and the other schooled at one of the best academies in the country with numerous caps for the England youth team. I'd send them both on loan, they cannot just play development football we'd be completely wasting them. On paper in a couple of years time they could be a bloody brilliant pairing for the central midfield.

Is it not a bit depressing to think our middle two could both be 35, I'm having flashbacks to Smith and Jones (not the comedy double, fooled me though) and their complete lack of mobility.

Supporter+

I don’t know anything about Karl Henry but I assume he hasn’t got a Club otherwise we couldn’t sign him, if that’s the case then it begs the question that if he’s supposed to be a “wow” signing why hasn’t he got a club?

Dont get me wrong I’m not dissing him because I don’t know of him, I’m just curious.

1 hour ago, menzinho said:

Is it not a bit depressing to think our middle two could both be 35, I'm having flashbacks to Smith and Jones (not the comedy double, fooled me though) and their complete lack of mobility.

Just think of what David Vaughan and Karl Henry could do for young players like Tom Crawford and Will Patchings.

I think the experience would go along way right now.

Inexperience with a relegation battle is not the learning that I feel the two youngsters need, we have to think about getting them settled and bedded into the first-team now for next season.

I am not sure Vaughan and Henry could work every league game but the experience could be important.

Its like Stead and Ameobi, people moaned and wrote them off but they worked well. Kewell just needs to know when is best to use them and how to break them up, I think it would be a good signing.

Archived