How much trouble are we in ?!?

samwatto2008

RE to my tweet last night, I seriously don't think we are too far away from becoming AFC Notts County.

IF and it's a big IF Alan Hardy was to walk this season we would be in some serious trouble regarding ownership and financial structure. If he walked then I can only see us dropping into the National League.

But is this too negative? Can a big club like Notts drop into the National League? With money spent is it even possible?

For all of his faults we need Alan Hardy right now I noticed @ivansneck post about how he wants him out. But truth be told, I don't think we can afford to have him out because if he was to throw in the towel I think not only would that be our league existence gone but also our club existence.

I think we are in more trouble than people think. Can only imagine what Alan's paying in wages a month. Must be a frightening thought but something to share opinions on. 

Just now, samwatto2008 said:

RE to my tweet last night, I seriously don't think we are too far away from becoming AFC Notts County.

IF and it's a big IF Alan Hardy was to walk this season we would be in some serious trouble regarding ownership and financial structure. If he walked then I can only see us dropping into the National League.

But is this too negative? Can a big club like Notts drop into the National League? With money spent is it even possible?

For all of his faults we need Alan Hardy right now I noticed @ivansneck post about how he wants him out. But truth be told, I don't think we can afford to have him out because if he was to throw in the towel I think not only would that be our league existence gone but also our club existence.

I think we are in more trouble than people think. Can only imagine what Alan's paying in wages a month. Must be a frightening thought but something to share opinions on. 

I was being slightly provocative to be honest. Hardy can run a good business, and I have no problem with him looking after the business aspects of NCFC (so long as he keeps his mouth shut and stops twitting). But the football side of the club needs to be run by football people. Hardy must devolve all such issues to someone else or we'll be a conference club by Easter.

I know it's a hobby horse of mine, but yet again the ownership model for club management has been shown to fail.

i think the concern is with the next appointment because the wrong manager will send us down.

the players need to show more fight but they cant be fully blamed, i do agree with others who feel it comes from the board down but at the same time i just think we as a club are all pulling in different directions. we should get on the same level and start to fight properly.

i dont think some of the fans will, i think theres quite a lot who are mindless and petty [nobody here].

If I would say anything about AH it’s that he can possibly see now how running a football club is a million miles away from running any of his other very successful other businesses, commercially he has done a very good job , but on the football side alone so many other components come into it and he really does have much to learn to make that side a success, are we in trouble , a very firm yes from me and the next manager must be experienced and a strong personality, these players need a long hair look st themselves .

I don’t think we are in any trouble the great escape will happen we will achieve safety I think fans are panicking a little quick there’s enough games and points left and we are only in November I think Alan will appoint the right manager because if not Alan has a lot to loose both financially and face in the business world 

If we don't improve by 2019,  not even in the slightest - then Notts will be in major trouble. The fixtures come in thick and fast, so the next manager is paramount.

I'm concerned that if we can't stay together as fans and get behind the next manager, then it's going to be a lot more difficult. Yes, the players and staff needs to take their share of the issues but right now it's toxic. It's awful and people are choosing not to attend.

10 hours ago, liampie said:

i think the concern is with the next appointment because the wrong manager will send us down.

the players need to show more fight but they cant be fully blamed, i do agree with others who feel it comes from the board down but at the same time i just think we as a club are all pulling in different directions. we should get on the same level and start to fight properly.

i dont think some of the fans will, i think theres quite a lot who are mindless and petty [nobody here].

Thats spot on. We need a manager that with get the plays to play well for the club and results that match.

20 minutes ago, cheeky~k8 said:

Thats spot on. We need a manager that with get the plays to play well for the club and results that match.

if they can lecture but also guide the players, i am sure some would up their game rather than becoming low.

i think this season is a mental battle right now.

12 hours ago, ivansneck said:

I was being slightly provocative to be honest. Hardy can run a good business, and I have no problem with him looking after the business aspects of NCFC (so long as he keeps his mouth shut and stops twitting). But the football side of the club needs to be run by football people. Hardy must devolve all such issues to someone else or we'll be a conference club by Easter.

I know it's a hobby horse of mine, but yet again the ownership model for club management has been shown to fail.

Hardy seems to know business and if he was to focus on this, I feel he would do okay.

It's just that he likes gloat and show off.

We're in serious trouble. The team is in complete disarray and even a good, experienced manager will need time to turn it around. By that time we may have ground to make up. We'll soon hit the halfway point and even twenty points is looking fanciful.

I've already seen a couple of Notts teams that were thought to be "too good to go down" do just that and this lot isn't immune either.

Sorry (not sorry) but it's absolutely irresponsible for anyone, at this point in this club's life/history, to call for Alan Hardy to leave this club!

The fact is, that all of the vile tweets and the tedious, rude comments to him via social media, serve no real purpose other than to make him wonder why on earth he'd invest best part of £SEVEN MILLION POUNDS -YES - H-I-S-H-A-R-D E-A-R-N-E-D MONEY - on people who show, not one modicum of understanding for him/his situation; for the fact that he's clearly not had the best advice nor for the fact that his 'business model' for the club, has just simply, not (yet) worked!

As owner, I do hope people realise that he could, very easily, close down the company that owns us, swallow the debts (or take it to bankruptcy) and so easily, walk away

This man, (whatever you think of his driving, family, tweets, comments, etc.,) actually SAVED Notts County Football Club when it was on it's ass. He's 'backed' whomever has come into the club since his takeover, with money he's worked extremely hard for, through working/being successful at TWELVE BUSINESSES; and has even said that last August's purchases were his 'kids inheritance'! I'd imagine too, that the time the club (and it's problems) has taken him away from those successful businesses, may have had an impact on them, as well. But do any of the 'knockers' give a tut? Naw, I see, not a bit of it!

I honestly don't know what more he has to do for some Notts fans to understand that he's "put his money where his mouth is" and from the ungrateful, often disrespectful and moreover, quite vile way that a lot of fans - for their £20 ticket and 'time served' - think/believe they have the 'right' to dig, comment, suggest and do anything other than support him as he works behind the scenes to take us/himself out of this mess, is appalling.

Talk about "kick someone when they're down..."

I honestly despair when I read this stuff sometimes, particularly in thinking about former Chairman, Jack Dunnett M.P. during the Sirrel years and the 'iron fist' manner in which he ran the club! No one would have dared to tell him how to run the place; and look how successful we were then: when we let him get on with it without having to listen to, see or hear, all of the armchair critics!

It's always 'alright' for anyone to "have their say" but P-L-E-A-S-E, in your comments to anyone, just think carefully about what you're saying... and the consequences your words may have! (Anyone less mentally stable could quite easily have made some very rash decisions with the words I've seen posted...and no one merits or deserves such harsh words, for business decisions, made with their money/guarantees!)

"People will forget what you said; people will forget what you did: but people will never forget how you made them feel!"          Maya Angelou

I would say we are in major trouble at this precise moment in time because our midfield is so weak that teams are just running through us and until that is shored up, we are just going to go on leaking away points. If Stead and Hemmings aren't too far away from fitness, then I can see us gaining some points (hopefully enough), but it is paramount that in the first weak of January, the midfield is sorted. There is just enough creativity up front when fully fit to cause teams problems, but we have to have the ball in order to do that, we need to find at least one mobile defensive midfielder, preferably two.

Whoever comes in has to do what Derry did when he took over, look at the squad and just sideline those not up for the fight. Pay up their contracts and ship them out, which will be expensive, but hopefully worth it.

Hardy coming off social media will be a help as it's time we focused on three crucial things.

Results - Obviously because we don't want to drop into non-league 

Recruitment - This team needs players. Especially two centre midfielders. Also add a target man striker and a right-back and left-back. 

Finances - Heard Hardy say on Football Focus that we are 2.5 million in debt. Plus after the spending this season and going out early in cup competitions, we've probably lost even more money. 

On 19/11/2018 at 07:52, LozCloughSLO said:

Sorry (not sorry) but it's absolutely irresponsible for anyone, at this point in this club's life/history, to call for Alan Hardy to leave this club!

The fact is, that all of the vile tweets and the tedious, rude comments to him via social media, serve no real purpose other than to make him wonder why on earth he'd invest best part of £SEVEN MILLION POUNDS -YES - H-I-S-H-A-R-D E-A-R-N-E-D MONEY - on people who show, not one modicum of understanding for him/his situation; for the fact that he's clearly not had the best advice nor for the fact that his 'business model' for the club, has just simply, not (yet) worked!

As owner, I do hope people realise that he could, very easily, close down the company that owns us, swallow the debts (or take it to bankruptcy) and so easily, walk away

This man, (whatever you think of his driving, family, tweets, comments, etc.,) actually SAVED Notts County Football Club when it was on it's ass. He's 'backed' whomever has come into the club since his takeover, with money he's worked extremely hard for, through working/being successful at TWELVE BUSINESSES; and has even said that last August's purchases were his 'kids inheritance'! I'd imagine too, that the time the club (and it's problems) has taken him away from those successful businesses, may have had an impact on them, as well. But do any of the 'knockers' give a tut? Naw, I see, not a bit of it!

I honestly don't know what more he has to do for some Notts fans to understand that he's "put his money where his mouth is" and from the ungrateful, often disrespectful and moreover, quite vile way that a lot of fans - for their £20 ticket and 'time served' - think/believe they have the 'right' to dig, comment, suggest and do anything other than support him as he works behind the scenes to take us/himself out of this mess, is appalling.

Talk about "kick someone when they're down..."

I honestly despair when I read this stuff sometimes, particularly in thinking about former Chairman, Jack Dunnett M.P. during the Sirrel years and the 'iron fist' manner in which he ran the club! No one would have dared to tell him how to run the place; and look how successful we were then: when we let him get on with it without having to listen to, see or hear, all of the armchair critics!

It's always 'alright' for anyone to "have their say" but P-L-E-A-S-E, in your comments to anyone, just think carefully about what you're saying... and the consequences your words may have! (Anyone less mentally stable could quite easily have made some very rash decisions with the words I've seen posted...and no one merits or deserves such harsh words, for business decisions, made with their money/guarantees!)

"People will forget what you said; people will forget what you did: but people will never forget how you made them feel!"          Maya Angelou

The players need show more fight on the pitch, as does the clubs desire to turn this around. A negative appointment could bring more issues and I personally fear for the clubs league status.

• Chris unfeatured this topic

Archived