The National League

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

I know we haven't had the best time recently but is anyone else sick to death of the way this club is treated by other fans? 

http://www.theconferenceforum.co.uk/thread/65122

I think they're going to be very surprised when we actually sort ourselves out, which could be very quickly. We are naturally a bigger club than anybody at that level. If Bristol Rovers can come back first time then so can we!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I've only read silly things on Twitter, most other sites have seen a lot of support.

I have had several emails wishing me and Notts all the best, it's a nice feeling knowing that opposition fans respect the club like this - I wouldn't have thought they would be bothered. On the way to the game yesterday, a group of young Barnsley fans tried taking the p*** out of us and made stupid gestures. This to me shows a very low I.Q and something not a proper football fan would do.

And to be perfectly blunt, most people don't choose to be a Notts supporter. We are born this way.

Nothing to explain to anyone, no question need not be asked - the same question could be flipped and adjusted to any armchair fan or glory supporter.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

Notts will bounce back, I am sure of it.

It might take some time and that is important, it's not something the new owners should rush unless they can overhaul the whole club. Notts needs to find itself amongst the mist of relegation from the football league, that much is clear.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,294
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Speaking to a mate of mine who's a Stags fan who went through 5 years in non-league. He said ownership is the probably the key thing. You need a good owner and money to escape the National League.

Need to take our chances whenever we get a crack at promotion as well. Luton and Grimsby failed in the play-offs 3 times. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

I have read alot of support from fans of other clubs, the ones that arnt are in the minority and really arn't worth listening to anyway. Notts fans may moan and be upset right now but they will bounce back like we all hope the club does. We have been on a verge of going down for years so its not much of a surprise.

• Content Count:  0

BURY fan here, just wanted to wish you guys all the best for next season, was absolutely gutted to see a club with such a proud and long history drop out of the league and your superb fans certainly don't deserve it. Will be hoping and praying you get back at the first attempt.

I think we all hope so too, but we need stability otherwise we will drop straight back down. I think this season we played at national league standard if not worse.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

A lot of people have said to me since Notts were relegated, that they will visiting Meadow Lane.

Notts has a good community feel, the club needs to repay this support. I don't know why any one would fear the National League, I don't think it will be easy but it shouldn't been difficult if the budget is spent wisely.

• Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

Other fans have took the money on social media I’ve seen it and it dose make me angry but I have faith that we will bounce next season and silence the idiot fans from other teams 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,937
  • Days Won:  162

notts will be fine, only idiots would say the club will run a way with it. think we should do well tho if we apply ourselves well.

• Content Count:  474
  • Days Won:  6
  • 𝕏:  twitter OldNottsfan

It’s all dependent upon the squad of players we end up with. If we start recruiting none league standard players that’s where we’ll stay (Fitzsimmons being a prime example) Salford proved that you need to pay decent players who are better than National League.

That’s why we have to bite the bullet and stump up for last seasons season tickets prices. Obviously it all depends on the new owners how the club is funded.

• Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

We should be competing with Chesterfield and Wrexham for the top attendances in the league. 

Boreham Wood got an average attendance of 717 this season, including away fans. I couldn't even tell you where that club was located, so no doubt we'll get smashed 5-0 by them. 

Im not sure the amount of away fans notts takes will fit into most non league grounds but we may be surprised with that.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Notts should do well if the budget is spent wisely, it could help the club to release some of the debt for the new owner. Its all about keeping the home gates as high as possible.

Fans need to stop worrying about losing, bring back a positive mentality and hope.

• Content Count:  1

On 08/05/2019 at 01:56, AmericanPie said:

Notts should do well if the budget is spent wisely, it could help the club to release some of the debt for the new owner. Its all about keeping the home gates as high as possible.

Fans need to stop worrying about losing, bring back a positive mentality and hope.

If Norman Smurfwaite gets his hands on you he will bleed you dry and do a proper asset strip on you. He kicked Nuneaton borough out of their ground and tried to do a good number on port vale, full of false promises and lies so if he takes over you guys need to start protesting straight away or youll not get back in the EFL for years

• Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

10 minutes ago, Pvfc fans said:

If Norman Smurfwaite gets his hands on you he will bleed you dry and do a proper asset strip on you. He kicked Nuneaton borough out of their ground and tried to do a good number on port vale, full of false promises and lies so if he takes over you guys need to start protesting straight away or youll not get back in the EFL for years

Lincoln fans warned Notts about Ray Trew, but not many listened. Plenty of gossip, tongues wagging and slide comments directed to Jim Rodwell.

Our lot can be quite slow to pick things up.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,356
  • Days Won:  1

God, I just want to see Notts pushing to restructure itself. If the club has a successful takeover and the right owners come in, they might be able to revive this historic club. Any potential buyer should watch footage of the fans at Swindon.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,470
  • Days Won:  5

It's a huge question as to how Notts might adapt to non league football.

Usually Notts struggles after relegation, they have been stuck in the bottom tier for so long and until the club has a solid plan it could take a few seasons to figure it out.

All the support from Notts fans is needed now, i just wish out of all the clubs to be given our status, why Forest?? Should be Stoke.

Archived