Lewis Knight's role this upcoming season

Chris

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,343
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Lewis Knight played as an out-to-out striker for Bradford Park Avenue but is able to play on the wide as an attacking forward. With his pace, I could see Ian Burchnall choosing to play him in the Enzio type role - encouraging him to cut inside. However, I feel he would be better playing up top and I think this is where he would be more useful.

We've only seen him a handful of times, the performances from the team wasn't the best but I actually rate the lad.

He moves around the pitch well, looks for pockets of space and with his speed - he'll naturally attract players to mark him. If Notts gives him more game time, I fully believe he will start to find confidence and in the process start finding the back of the net.

How do you view Lewis Knight's role for the upcoming season?

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,776
  • Days Won:  27

I think he should automatically take the place that Jimmy Knowles occupied last season, if we bring in one more striker. It would be between Elisa Sam and Lewis Knight to be the backup, both could do a job on a rotational basis.

Knight looks good to me, he just needs to be in and around a winning team.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,552
  • Days Won:  9

Out wide or upfront, given the time and chance he should be able to find the net. If we use his pace to scare teams, he could prove to be a difficult player to defend against. I do hope the lad gets more game time this season.

I think he will.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Still got lots to offer. Hope we can use his pace to our advantage and improve his overall play which I think Burchnall will do. Was unlucky to get injured at the back end of last season but I think when given time, he will be an asset.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,343
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@ARLukomski He was injured? I best edit a feature I won't then. :rollonfloorlaughing:

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  503
  • Days Won:  1

He needs to establish himself in one position and fight to retain it, his pace as a striker would be explosive if played to his strengths.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  569
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

He looked to have everything, just not the experience but I think Ian Burchnall will give him time to develop on the pitch. He might play a supporting role with Kyle Wootton, with the freedom to drop onto the wing.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,052
  • Days Won:  162

pre season will be his time to shine, start him against derby and see what he offers. i do think there is a goal scorer there, just needs to be playing with a creative team which we was not that much last season when he played.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

He has to be worth the punt and gamble against slow teams, otherwise what will the point have been in signing the lad.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,958
  • Days Won:  5

Lewis Knight needs to be included in the teams plans, be it as a sub or rotational player, he's not lazy and works hard. His time will come!

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,504
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I think people keep forgetting about Lewis Knight when they talk about strikers, we have Kyle Wootton, Elisha Sam, Tyreace Palmer and Knight.

One more striker would be a good call, someone more natural on goal but speed isn't the issue Notts has. It's 10-15+ goal scorers. I think Knight could get a few next season, perhaps even 8 in total but it all depends on if we play him and how he copes.

He needs to be in and around the first team, anything less wouldn't do.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

11 hours ago, TheSkipper said:

I think people keep forgetting about Lewis Knight when they talk about strikers, we have Kyle Wootton, Elisha Sam, Tyreace Palmer and Knight.

One more striker would be a good call, someone more natural on goal but speed isn't the issue Notts has. It's 10-15+ goal scorers. I think Knight could get a few next season, perhaps even 8 in total but it all depends on if we play him and how he copes.

He needs to be in and around the first team, anything less wouldn't do.

We have Wootton, Knight, Palmer.... and. ........                                                         ....                                

.....

Sam

• Content Count:  278
  • Days Won:  0

I don't understand the discontent shown towards Elisha Sam, he clearly took time to get up to match fitness last season and players can only get that properly when they play regularly. I think he has a chance to showcase his talent, otherwise I can see him leaving.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,504
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Notts only needs one more striker, there's no worry about Sam he got a few goals and the more frequently he plays the more up to scratch he should get, even if it is just as cover.

• Content Count:  700
  • Days Won:  0

I think in will be used occasionally where his pace will do the most damage, probably the third choice striker but I do feel he has more in the future to offer. IB will get the best out of him I feel.

Archived