[Match Preview] - [Attendance Thread] - [Discuss Below]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I have this one down as a loss sadly, I can't remember what I predicted but I think it will be 3-1. I don't like typing this or feeling the way I do, yet I think we will be stun before we walk again.

You never know!

You can't rule out Coventry though, I admire what they have achieved this season. Some teams would have looked at the table and sulked about it, yet they got on with playing and I think it will be a very tough game. if we can grab a win, that would be awesome! Yet I don't expect it, I think we'll play okay but they have a good amount of players who can score rather freely.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,897
  • Days Won:  17

I hope we win.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

With the amount of Coventry fans I know, we better win this one!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,234
  • Days Won:  69

If it wasn't for the points deduction Coventry would be in a play off position,so another tough match for you.SD's had a week to work with the players and try and iron out problems.I await the outcome with great interest.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Yeah Coventry City's position is only really because of the points deduction, they are going to be tough. I reckon a 3-0 defeat sadly.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

i think if we defend we could surprise people, we are capable but it goes down to performance and us being up for it.

2-0 to them, big crowd though. i cant wait!!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,299
  • Days Won:  28

I'm not very optimistic about this saturdays game, i think we may end up with a few goals down or draw. I would hope we could win and improve on the last games.

A new formation would help alot.

I'm hopeful we might hear from the two sky blue fans who joined, it would be nice to read their pre match thoughts and post match.

If you guys are reading this, how confident are you?

I still see an easy win but I think we will try. It's about making sure we don't buckle.

• Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

As long as we put more effort and determination into the job on Sat than we did in the away fixture it will be a bonus!

This is the sort of game that will test the depth of the squad, the guile of the manager and the scope of the players. Hard to see us getting anything from this one, but we are Notts County and we, occasionally, beat the odds and spring a surprise. My optimism is wearing a bit thin tbh, I'd settle for a point but hope for better.

If Mullins and Spencer play then I will be tad more confident! We'll see.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Any time with a half decent striker who's quick and plays off the centre halves causes us problems. That won't change against Coventry I'm afraid. Another defeat me thinks. That would make 20 already this season. The team with the next most losses is Stevenage with 16. Tells a lot. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743

I hope I 'm pleasantly surprised by a decent result and performance

• Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

In my opinion the best we can hope for is a draw and that would be a good result, I fear we may lose this one. :unsure:

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

As long as we put more effort and determination into the job on Sat than we did in the away fixture it will be a bonus!

This is the sort of game that will test the depth of the squad, the guile of the manager and the scope of the players. Hard to see us getting anything from this one, but we are Notts County and we, occasionally, beat the odds and spring a surprise. My optimism is wearing a bit thin tbh, I'd settle for a point but hope for better.

If Mullins and Spencer play then I will be tad more confident! We'll see.

Have you seen the young lad Spencer play before Pies4u? Just curious about him.

Its a game we must be up for, the chance of avoiding relegation is only going to get harder. I feel we might get something, Sheffield was a tough game but at home we stepped up. I think on big games we are a totally different side, more so this year.

I am also looking forward to seeing the new players a little more.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I understand Cov are a good outfit, as has been said, Playoff contenders without the points deduction. 

However i'm in the belief we could at least give them a go, with the new players all having close to a week to train together. I hope to see somewhat of a different line up on Sat. With No Fotheringham or Enoch would be a massive boost.

Notts 2 - 2 Coventry

Mac & Appiah  

• Content Count:  486

Have you seen the young lad Spencer play before Pies4u? Just curious about him.

Its a game we must be up for, the chance of avoiding relegation is only going to get harder. I feel we might get something, Sheffield was a tough game but at home we stepped up. I think on big games we are a totally different side, more so this year.

I am also looking forward to seeing the new players a little more.

Sadly, I have never seen Spencer play. I don't know much about him tbh. I just think he has to have something about him and he is likely to be more agile and dangerous than Enoch! Here's hoping. Come on you Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeees.

• Content Count:  896

Neither sides can be written off, coventry will be wary of us. They will know we can punish sides, as we know they can. This should be a good game, with a busy  away end.

I am  optimistic, 1-1 draw for me.

8,300 fans. 

cant see us getting anything from this game coventry are a good side even without leon clarke.

Yeah that's how I felt, I do feel we might have stood more chance if our experienced strikers was still around. I've adjusted to Yoann, though I still insist I would set myself a challenge to get him playing. Just think of the 'experience' a manager would gain with this type of attitude, obviously it could fail but learning is vital. I know why Derry's cut the strings, he see's it as a way of staying up with everyone on side and pulling towards the same direction.

That said, I do feel we're lightweight still up front and that's why I am open with regards to James Spencer.

I don't believe Wiki gives you much in terms of stats, it's all about how they get on and respond to the coaching. Obviously we stall a little when you consider the majority of strikers find their form away from us.

Yet I do think if we played really well, there's no doubt we could but I still say 3-1 to them. Good side!

• Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

I understand Cov are a good outfit, as has been said, Playoff contenders without the points deduction. 

However i'm in the belief we could at least give them a go, with the new players all having close to a week to train together. I hope to see somewhat of a different line up on Sat. With No Fotheringham or Enoch would be a massive boost.

Notts 2 - 2 Coventry

Mac & Appiah  

it would be nice to see appiah score, hes got something which shows us why we took him on loan. i just hope we use him a bit more before his deal runs out, it seems risky. esp if we could renew his deal, if he performed well enough. without a chance we wont know...

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I can see a win here. Dont know why, just a feeling! Enoch to score me thinks?

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,243
  • Days Won:  80

Please note that the orginal post as now been updated.

Here are a few useful links just incase you have no noticed however. :)

We've Met Before... By @weymouthPIE
The Match Officials By @notts-joe
PoN's January Round Up! By @sadlad
Stat Attack: Notts County vs Coventry City By @Joe Jones
Notts Alumni - Brian Kilcline By @Joe Jones

For the Wolverhampton game - The Opposition View will return and we are looking for two community members who are interested in featuring in the PoN on One feature, which is where we ask a set of 5 questions.

Well here we go, Jake said we will win and he told me off for saying they would. I want to know why he's predicting scores again, I think he knows something I don't.

How are you all feeling today about the game?

I noticed the ground staff have been busy, the pitch looked okay. COYP!

Archived