[Vote] Pride of Nottingham's 2022-23 Player of the Season

PON_News

Who should be awarded the Pride of Nottingham Forum Player of the Season?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which player do you think should be awarded the title of Pride of Nottingham Player of the Season?

• Sam Slocombe
    • Kyle Cameron
    • Aden Baldwin
    • Adam Chicksen
    • Jim O'Brien
    • Sam Austin
    • Matt Palmer
    • John Bostock
    • Macaulay Langstaff
    • Jodi Jones
    • Aaron Nemane
    • Cedwyn Scott
    • Ruben Rodrigues

This poll is closed to new votes

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,271
  • Days Won:  80

The Pride of Nottingham is excited to reveal that it’s time to recognise the player of the season! This prestigious honour is awarded to the player who has demonstrated outstanding talent and commitment on the field. We’re searching for someone who represents the essence of Notts County and has made a substantial contribution to our team. Who will take home the prize this year? It’s up to you to decide!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i have voted for ruben because hes been much better consistency wise this season. on his day, he is the difference between 3 points.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I have also cast my vote for Ruben Rodrigues as the Pride of Nottingham Player of the Season. He has been nothing short of incredible this year, consistently delivering outstanding performances on the field. His exceptional skill and unwavering dedication have truly made a difference for our team, inspiring both his teammates and fans alike. It’s been a joy to watch him play, and I believe he truly deserves this recognition.

• Like 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

Matty Palmer is definitely my player of the season. He’s always in the thick of the action, making his presence felt on the field. On the rare occasions when he wasn’t playing, his absence was noticeable and we missed his contributions. Thankfully, those moments were few and far between.

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm biased towards Matt Palmer due to my admiration for his skills as a player. However, my praise for him is based on his performance rather than just personal preference.

I recall hearing foolish remarks about him during the season, like "Palmer has only one foot" and "He is not as good as people claim because he doesn't score goals." Whilst these might be genuine comments, I still find it daft to single out someone who works immensely and with pride. He gets the ball, he looks for the best pass - not always the easiest, and he makes it seem so easy. He receives the ball, looks forward and isn't afraid to drive forward into space if needed or release it to someone else who can. He works as well off the ball as he does on it. There's been very few games this season where I felt Palmer wasn't at his best.

Because he doesn't score often, it shouldn't take away his impressive pass accuracy or the amount he completes. He puts in those challenges which allows us to quickly gain momentum going forward and so many teams we've hit dangerous counter-attacks simply due to Palmer's desire to get us going forward.

It's not as easy to choose him as some may think, but he's the player I feel deserve it the most.

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

Whilst other supporters may have a different player in their thoughts, I believe that Matt Palmer has been the standout performer this season and deserves recognition for his significant contributions to the team. He has proven himself to be an essential and valuable member of the squad, making a notable impact in every game he's played.

However, I acknowledge that everyone has their own opinions on who deserves the accolade of player of the season. Therefore, I would also like to acknowledge and commend the entire squad for their exceptional performances throughout the season. Every player has played a vital role in achieving the team's success, and they should all be proud of their accomplishments.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

I voted for Reuben. Macca's finishing has been incredible but without Reuben's vision and incredible through balls he would not have scored the number of goals he has

• Content Count:  20
  • Days Won:  0

Hard to choice here but Ruben Rodrigues has been my player of the season. His passing has been brilliant helping us reach the 117 goals total

• Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

I absolutely agree that Matt Palmer deserves to be named as Player of the Season, his performances have been consistently solid and it's clear to see that from how frequently he's played. As a starting player, his minutes are unmatched and that speaks volumes about his importance to the team. While he may not always grab the headlines or score the winning goals, his efforts are a big part of why we win games. In my opinion, he's just as important as Macaulay Langstaff, if not more, and a huge reason why we're a title-challenging side.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

I was torn between voting for Macaulay Langstaff and Ruben Rodrigues, but in the end, I decided to go with someone else who has been more consistent and has shown quality throughout the season. It’s better than being forced to give praise to a donkey or someone who doesn’t deserve any honourable mentions like the team that relegated us to the National League.

• Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

I prefer to vote anonymously, but I would be happy with any of the six listed candidates being named Player of the Season. They have all had outstanding performances and have contributed greatly to the team's success.

• Content Count:  493
  • Days Won:  1

The whole team has been outstanding this season and so many of the players could easily win Player of the Season. In a different year, it might have been any one of them. But this time, there can only be one answer. The team has worked together to achieve great success and it's a testament to their hard work and dedication.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

Choosing the Player of the Season is a difficult task for me, as it is for many others. There are numerous serious contenders, but if I had to narrow it down, my top choices would be Adam Chicksen, Macaualay Langstaff and Matt Palmer. Sam Slocombe also deserves a special mention for his brilliant performances since joining Notts. This season has truly demonstrated his importance to the team. Without him in goal, the club might not have been in such close contention for the title. The same can be said for Macaulay Langstaff and Adam Chicksen, who have both delivered outstanding performances. Ultimately though, consistency must be the deciding factor when determining who should be named.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  732
  • Days Won:  3

I'm both surprised and not surprised at the same time. I voted for Sam Slocombe, who has had to work hard at times this season. While it's true that when Notts plays well the keeper has little to do, there have been spells where Slocombe has single-handedly kept games a win or a draw. Very rarely has he been at fault for conceding. He's a solid player and deserves recognition for his efforts.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

39% so far for Matt Palmer. I am a little surprised by this. Not because he isn't a very good player from what I have seen, but more so for the clear success that Macaulay Langstaff has had. It says a lot about the dynamic midfielder that he has quietly done his best and is reaping the praise from supporters on the Pride of Nottingham.

• Content Count:  18,271
  • Days Won:  80

Here's the winning of the Pride of Nottingham Player of the Season! We're delighted for Matt Palmer to be voted despite the tough competition.