and absolute class from Ryan Reynolds too

Piethagoram

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Good stuff. But behind Mansfield, they're still the team I'd most like us to beat next season 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

Ryan Reynolds can have the keys to Meadow Lane. He’ll find them more useful than the ones he and Rob McElhenney were given by Wrexham. He’s a class act who’s shown that football is more than just rivalry. Each comment oozes class. I can’t wait to take six points off his Wrexham next season. Good luck to him and his team, just not against us. After all, we don’t want Deadpool to have all the fun on the pitch!

• Like 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It's always good to see someone taking the time to pay respect to Jason Turner. It's a touch of class and I hope those "Debbie downers" have kept quiet about their thoughts on this. I have no time for people who just want to argue and be unkind, but I have found a new level of respect for Ryan Reynolds and, of course, now Wrexham.

I have to admit, I spent most of the season disliking them, but I thought even Paul Mullin showed class yesterday when speaking about Notts during the game and after. It's nice to see someone praise the club for something they deserve and have achieved. If it wasn't warranted, then it would make sense for people to be more sceptical, but this isn't the case. It's genuine.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,923
  • Days Won:  162

i have nothing but respect for ryan reynolds, i think hes been classy towards our club and is genuinely wishing us all the best.

• Like 4

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,520
  • Days Won:  9

Ryan Reynolds has consistently shown his class towards Notts. He didn’t have to wish us well or congratulate us, especially after the response from some of our fan base. His actions speak volumes about his character.

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  741
  • Days Won:  2

I only have knowledge that Ryan Reynolds is a Hollywood actor and co-owner of Wrexham AFC. Despite not being familiar with his movies or acting career, I appreciate that someone in his position takes the time to give credit and show respect. That earns him a place in my good books.

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think Ryan is great, but I was hoping that his purchase of Wrexham would have a greater effect. Yet, I feel he's bridged the two fanbases together through his positive attitude that reflects well on football.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

It’s beyond words how kind it is that he keeps complimenting Notts, despite our club not being on his radar as such. Just because we finished second and had a good season, he has taken to liking us and paying respectful wishes to us. If it was any other club’s owner, fans might be more appreciative. However, because it’s Ryan Reynolds, we have negative comments creeping out of the woodwork. It’s truly kind of him.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  5

I appreciate how Ryan Reynolds is paying compliments to Notts. I believe he genuinely means what he says. It’s great promotion for the club and shows that someone in his position respects our club. We should be grateful for that.

• Like 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  81
  • Days Won:  4

Watching football is like being in a relationship with Notts County. It’s stressful, you’re addicted and invested, but man, it’s like they’re trying to kill you. I mean, is it some sort of ritual to do things the hardest way possible? And don’t even get me started on penalty shootouts. Supporting Notts should come with a health insurance policy and a warning label. How 20,000+ fans survived that game is beyond me. But hey, congrats on the promotion! It was well-deserved based on this season’s performance. Can’t wait to welcome you all back to the Racecourse Ground in League Two. Cheers! 🍻

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,790
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Dry Nelson RayFrom the Daily Telegraph newspaper 6th January 2007 : "After surveying the fans of every team in the country, the Littlewoods pollsters came up with this top 10 of stress: in first place Notts County, followed by MK Dons, Carlisle, Darlington, Swindon, Bury, Crewe, Portsmouth (giving them the dubious honour of being the only Premiership side in the top 20), Stockport and ....."

It hasn't changed, the stress interspersed with moments of prayer at Wembley, to the footballing gods. My heart could feel the emotional pain but thankfully the footballing gods looked down on us kindly in the end. From the "dinked" penalty miss to the final conversion, the eyes were like having chopped onions for the past 120 minutes.

Will look forward to Wrexham next season and hopefully we can both go again at promotion. C'mon you stylish magpies!

PS as a footnote, worth noting that Darlington and Bury both went bust completely...reforming at the bottom of the pyramid. Notts have had some very close financial shaves too. Our Danish owners saved us from the last financial crisis...I am so pleased for them too.

Carlisle were also relegated to the then National League equivalent in 2003-4 season. However they were promoted at the 1st attempt. Not sure why MK Dons are in that list... the original "Franchise FC", reformed and relocated from the ashes of Wimbledon FC. Their place in the EFL should never have been allowed to happen

• Like 5

and just found this from The Guardian newspaper 6th January 2007

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/jan/06/football.uknews2

Selected quotes "Dave Rimmer, 27, a Notts County fan, said: "There are several different grades of terrible. If it's been truly terrible I don't speak to anyone for a while. I'm one of the more optimistic fans." Another County fan, Mick Jones, 60, said of defeats: "I would think the wife suffers the most." But he would not consider changing teams: "I would never dream of watching Forest on the other side of the river unless Notts were playing them."

• Like 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  882
  • Days Won:  1

I have nothing but admiration for Wrexham and Ryan Reynolds. The way the club has put aside the rivalry and focused on showing respect to us is a true display of class. It’s been an exciting season and their win at Wembley is the perfect way to cap off our incredible season.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  495

Ryan Reynolds has been nothing short of praiseworthy since buying Wrexham. I’m sure he doesn’t want any applause for doing it, but the fact that he wished Notts County well is extra special. The fact that he’s rooting for us and hoping we go up says a lot about him as a person.

• Like 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  81
  • Days Won:  4

On 18/05/2023 at 01:34, Piethagoram said:

From the Daily Telegraph newspaper 6th January 2007 : "After surveying the fans of every team in the country, the Littlewoods pollsters came up with this top 10 of stress: in first place Notts County, followed by MK Dons, Carlisle, Darlington, Swindon, Bury, Crewe, Portsmouth (giving them the dubious honour of being the only Premiership side in the top 20), Stockport and ....."

It hasn't changed, the stress interspersed with moments of prayer at Wembley, to the footballing gods. My heart could feel the emotional pain but thankfully the footballing gods looked down on us kindly in the end. From the "dinked" penalty miss to the final conversion, the eyes were like having chopped onions for the past 120 minutes.

Will look forward to Wrexham next season and hopefully we can both go again at promotion. C'mon you stylish magpies!

After witnessing both playoff games, I can confirm that the rumors are true. Jace (or so I'm told to call him) really did find the Reedtz. Do Notts fans even know? Bless that man's heart. The plan is to do it all over again, and it would be a dream come true to do it with Notts County! Come to Wrexham and sing your hearts out - it makes the game so much more enjoyable. I believe there's nobody more stressful than a football fan during playoffs!

• Like 2
  • Love 4

@Dry Nelson Ray On the Isle of Man company registry.... Reedtz Ltd former name was Wrexham Limited ...sheer coincidence?🫢

I am not surprised re Jace.. Jace had the survival of the club at heart, so was probably making a few calls to find prospective buyers

• Like 5

• Content Count:  531

Well done to Ryan Reynolds for not being put off by silly fans. What he’s doing is a nice gesture and deserves to be respected. Does anyone know if their stands will be built in time for next season?

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  735
  • Days Won:  3

In today’s world, I’d rather be happy that a chairman of a different team wished us well than feeling disgruntled or like we have to be at war just because of the rivalry. I don’t know much about Ryan Reynolds, but if he takes the time to wish my team well, he has my respect.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Ryan Reynolds, the Hollywood actor from the States, has been garnering a lot of attention recently for his kind and generous nature. His deeds have made their way across the Atlantic to the UK and particularly in Nottinghamshire. The news of his benevolence has even reached the footballing world and is helping to put Notts on the map for many. In fact, it has been reported that a couple of neighbours have been converted from their allegiance to Spurs and Palace and now follow the beloved Notts team. It is clear that Ryan Reynolds is a fan of Notts in secret and who could blame him? With so much passion and support, it's hard not to fall in love with the team. Additionally, with the upcoming season, fans are excited, and the opportunity to get a Notts shirt with Ryan Reynold's name on the back is thrilling. I am one of the many fans who will be purchasing eight shirts, and with so many possible choices for names, it’s going to be tough! 😂

• Like 1