The Luton Town story.. National League to Premier League???

Piethagoram

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I’ll be watching Luton v Coventry I’m not sure who I want to win, I have a friend who’s a mad keen Coventry fan I know he’d love them to go up but I’m drawn to the Luton story it’d be lovely for their fans too.

• Like 7

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I'm absolutely delighted for Luton and their recent achievements! It's brilliant to see them moving forward with those fantastic ground renovations. I had a sneaky suspicion that Coventry would clinch promotion, but in my book, Luton truly deserves the limelight. This past season has been nothing short of a magical adventure for numerous clubs, and I wholeheartedly extend my warmest congratulations to Luton on their fairy tale accomplishments. Best of luck, Luton, and may this fantastic momentum continue onwards!

• Like 7

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I'm disappointed for Coventry as they used to be my second team, but what a fantastic story and an inspiration Luton are. That's how it's done!

Getting sick of seeing the entrance to their away end on German Facebook pages though. Yes, we know, it's a row of houses. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i am pleased luton went up, i still dont forgive coventry for how they robbed us at meadow lane. luton has made an amazing story by gaining promotion too. i think they will struggle, next season but i hope they build to be a good championship team. if they can stay up, even more amazing.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I think justice was done because they finished top of the play off pack like us, the game wasn’t  as exciting as our our play off final but the penalties must have been nerve racking for the fans. I felt sorry for the player who missed the penalty, I hope he doesn’t get mindless abuse on social media.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  895
  • Days Won:  11

40 minutes ago, liampie said:

i am pleased luton went up, i still dont forgive coventry for how they robbed us at meadow lane. luton has made an amazing story by gaining promotion too. i think they will struggle, next season but i hope they build to be a good championship team. if they can stay up, even more amazing.

I would blame the inept officials for our loss rather than Coventry

• Like 2

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,300
  • Days Won:  69

1 hour ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I think justice was done because they finished top of the play off pack like us, the game wasn’t  as exciting as our our play off final but the penalties must have been nerve racking for the fans. I felt sorry for the player who missed the penalty, I hope he doesn’t get mindless abuse on social media.

I agree with everything you said there   @Fan of Big Tone Coventry have been a bit of a bogey side for my team over the years though.

• Like 7

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@4everapie - Coventry used some deceitful tactics against us, and it's unfair how officials give in to pressure when hoards of belligerent players forcefully surround them in important moments. Coventry was determined to win, even if it meant resorting to negative tactics, despite the corrupt officials. Not all blame should go to the officials, Michael Doyle was an absolute knob in those two games and funnily enough that ended up being forgotten.

It's great to see Luton finally join the top flight after narrowly missing out on the Premier League formation, just like our team and West Ham.

They should take advantage of their central location to attract players from other London teams, but they need to avoid spending too much money and maintain their competitive spirit. If they can manage to stay up, then it's a case of improving on the squad from the previous campaign, and hopefully they'll establish themselves. If not, build to bounce back.

• Like 5

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

The Luton Town story is truly amazing! It goes to show that anything can happen in football. I'm looking out for them to stay up, but if not, I hope they have a solid plan to build for the future. If relegated, I hope they earn promotion back to the Premier League, it would be a great achievement.

• Like 4

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Its a good story and it must have taken alot of dedication and work to get this far. Notts do have the potential but i also may become unaffordable for alot of fans if it happened.

• Like 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

Wrexham's journey to emulate Luton Town's rapid rise will indeed require a great deal of perseverance, talent, and perhaps a bit of luck. It's true that instances like Luton's remarkable ascendancy in the football world are scarce, but they serve as an inspiration to clubs like Wrexham, proving that such feats are possible.

While it may take years or even decades for Wrexham to achieve similar heights, their ambition should not be diminished. The beautiful thing about football is that it's filled with stories of hope and hard-fought success. With continued dedication and a good strategy in place, there's always a chance for Wrexham to craft their own extraordinary tale. So, here's to the future of Wrexham football and their potential to make waves in the competitive world of football!

• Like 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

It's quite remarkable that Luton Town's journey from the Non League has been overshadowed by another impressive feat - the fact that Pelly-Ruddock Mpanzu has shared the journey too. It's not often we see Non League players make it all the way to the top, as most end up being released in League One or the Championship. This is definitely a rare accomplishment and deserves recognition.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65695212

• Like 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  881
  • Days Won:  1

Luton’s rise from the National League to the Premier League is a truly remarkable achievement and a testament to the hard work and dedication of everyone involved with the club. It’s a superb accomplishment for their fans who have stuck with them through thick and thin. Congratulations to Luton and their supporters on this fantastic achievement!

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

It’s truly amazing to say that they’ve gone from the Non-League to the Premier League. It’s important they don’t undo this progress by neglecting how they spend their money. Blackpool and Bournemouth both struggled after investing money into their grounds, rather than into the squad. Kenilworth Road does need some major work done to it, but they need to invest smartly if they want to stay up. I hope they don’t throw whatever money they can at whatever sticks; they have the chance of being a team that any fan of a club outside of the Premier League will be hoping to see them do well.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

To achieve back-to-back promotions once is an amazing feat! To do it a further two times is simply unheard of. I am glad that they have managed to retain at least one player from those days. What a journey for Luton Town fans. They truly are the Hatters!