Where are they now: Greg Tempest

Piethagoram

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,086
  • Days Won:  2

Quite the non-league wanderer, innit? Thought he'd be kickin' about at a loftier level by now.

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Greg Tempest got upset with me when I praised him whilst appearing on BBC Match Talk, I praised his passing ability and tipped him to be a player that would reshape our squad in the future if he was given more time. A comment I believed, because I liked his work rate, character and ability.

I thought he would've established himself as a League One/Two midfielder. I'm not exactly sure why he became upset with the comment but since his career hasn't turned out that well. I suppose he might have doubted what I said, that's on him and his confidence. I still feel he's wasted such a good talent that others more focused on their actual career would've made the most of. Some of his teammates when at Basford would agree that he lets himself down.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

He seemed to be a nice person on pitch when he played but off the pitch he wasnt the nicest person and that could easily be why he didnt get as far as he'd of hoped to.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

I believed that the club would be better off without him and Hayden Hollis, as neither of them were good enough for where we were at that time.

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  868
  • Days Won:  1

Greg Tempest quickly faded from being a young player who looked good enough to being someone incapable of playing. He made so many errors and his confidence was shattered. He never rose to the challenge like Curtis Thompson did.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

He became a different player once we started playing him out of position. In midfield, he was quite good, but after his spell in defence, he became woeful. He keeps bouncing around Midlands non-league teams; he should settle.

• Like 6

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  15

Wishing you all the best, Greg Tempest! You’ve shown great talent and determination on the pitch, and I have no doubt that you’ll continue to excel in your future endeavours. Keep up the hard work!

• Like 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

i liked him at first but then he went pretty awful, misplacing passes and looking out of depth. i felt after he left that he would end up playing for most of the local non league teams. its a shame because he did look very good once.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

The majority of his teammates stopped playing football altogether, including the young chap who transferred to Mansfield. As for the whereabouts of Nathan Fox, I am not too sure. I didn't get a chance to observe Greg Tempest sufficiently to have much to say about him, only having viewed his highlights.

• Like 3

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,502
  • Days Won:  9

Greg Tempest was a nice lad who was always happy and willing to work hard. I do not know what happened to him at Notts but I wish he had found the ability to improve and move forward with his career instead of backwards.

• Like 3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,128
  • Days Won:  2

I don't have many memories of him as a footballer. What I do remember is him taking photos in the club shop and his big, fuzzy hair. It's surprising to learn that he played so many games for Notts. I wish him all the best.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

• Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

Now manager of Clifton All-Whites in the UCL (who are disappointingly playing in blue today). He appears to have hung up his boots. 

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  616

Is he still at Notts as a Player Care Officer? I think this is someone who checks on the players well-being and makes sure all the academy players are okay.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

As far as I know he still is @Blake. At that level, managers typically have a day job, and training will be a couple of evenings after work.

He played yesterday, so he hasn't quite finished playing altogether. They lost 7-1 though. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,339

It’s a shame how his career went downhill. I thought he looked promising. I rated both him and Curtis Thompson. The thing with Greg Tempest is that his grandfather’s connection to Notts was always mentioned, which put a shadow over his career. I believe it was his grandfather or great-grandfather.

• Like 1