Rumours : Joel Senior to Notts?

Piethagoram

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,449
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

He’s a good defender, but this is where the Nottingham Post comes in. You would have thought that Notts themselves would be trying to encourage the Post to reconsider Ollie King’s position. It will affect them too, not just us. Until somewhere reputable states that it’s true, I’ll wait and see.

• Like 12

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Is he to play at right back, or perhaps as another winger? Alternatively, might he be a centre back comparable to Richard Brindley? I'm unfamiliar with this young man; consequently, I'm unable to evaluate his abilities. Nonetheless, I am curious about how he would integrate into the Notts system.

• Like 7

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

i would assume he was being brought into the squad to play as cb provided the rumour is true?

• Like 7

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Days Won:  17

Speculation speculation

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

From what I've read, he seems like a decent player. I can't say much else about him. For the sake of speculation, it's good to be linked with a defender for a change.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  1,901
  • Days Won:  17

Yes I suppose it is. COYP

• Like 3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,339
  • Days Won:  1

Sooner or later one of these rumours will turn out to be true, I think this one might have some substance to it. The club may have been tracking this player for a while. I think we have a good chance of signing almost any player we want now, mostly because of the positive atmosphere and momentum we have created at the club and the fact that players can see we are building something special here.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  3,503
  • Days Won:  9

You never know with rumours how much truth there is behind them, I think he would be a good addition if the club is interested in signing him. It’s just a matter of waiting and seeing what happens and who we actually bring in. I would like this lad to join though, he seems like a decent player.

• Like 5

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  2

I don’t pay much attention to rumours until they become more credible, I will happily wait and see who the club actually signs.

• Like 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  15

Rumours can be interesting but the way the Nottingham Forest Post has gone and how quiet BBC Radio Nottingham is out of season, we have to contend with these sites which compete for clicks.

• Like 3

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Days Won:  5

Joel Senior? Let the rumour spreading commence. I do hope for genuine news from the club soon, some of these rumours are doing my head in.

• Like 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,086
  • Days Won:  2

I hope it’s true because he’s a good player. Someone who would fit in well with Notts, so fingers crossed there’s something in this one. I mean, it’s probably not but you have to hope.

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

We should start to see which rumours are true and which aren't soon enough, although even then unless we are named dropped we might not know for sure. I think this has the potential to be true as a player we are monitoring, he seems the type Notts would go for. I feel a growing excitement about the prospect of elevating our club to new heights in League Two and competing at the highest level.

I know it's early, but I had a similar feeling last season.

• Like 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

I believe there is a distinction between players such as David McGoldrick, compared to others like Joel Senior. It appears that those with greater merit tend to carry more weight in the reports. Nonetheless, I don't devote substantial attention to these reports.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

I remember when he signed for Burnley, I think. They did the whole Non-League to Premier League thing and it didn’t work out as intended, but he looks like a good player. This is one of the better rumours for me.

By the way, when I posted using the topic feed, my post was incorrectly sent here.

Edited by Joshua
  • Like 1

• Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  0

I’m not sure if Carlisle released him or if he turned down a new contract. It’s quite surprising because he’s a talented player. I believe he would perform well in League One.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  129
  • Days Won:  0

On 07/06/2023 at 17:50, Countyman said:

Sooner or later one of these rumours will turn out to be true, I think this one might have some substance to it. The club may have been tracking this player for a while. I think we have a good chance of signing almost any player we want now, mostly because of the positive atmosphere and momentum we have created at the club and the fact that players can see we are building something special here.

I think this summer it turned out to be David McGoldrick, but you know what they say: there’s no smoke without fire. I’m looking forward to seeing some new faces come through the doors at Meadow Lane.