What would you say to the Reedtz brothers?

AmericanPie

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

If you had the chance to speak to Christoffer and Alexander Reedtz, the owners of Notts County, what would you say? Would you express your gratitude for their investment in the club and their efforts to improve its performance? Perhaps you would like to know more about their future plans for the team and how they see it developing in the coming years.

Alternatively, you might have some suggestions for them on how to improve the club. Maybe you have ideas on how to enhance the matchday experience for fans or how to increase community engagement. Whatever your thoughts, this is an opportunity to share them with the Reedtz brothers and have your voice heard. So, what would you say?

• Like 7
  • Love 5

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

It depends on the situation, whether its a chat or a single question, formal or informal.  If I had one question in a press conference situation it would be 'What do you define as success for Notts County?'

If it were a chat over coffee, off the record, then I would like to know what they saw in Notts to encourage them invest, how their plans have changed over the years, what success looks like to them, where they see opportunities to further improve the club (as a whole), how can the engage younger supporters (I think in this case our neighbours being in the Premiership helps in the short term).  In the course of the conversation I think the general appreciation of the work they have done so far would come across plus suggestions going forwards.  My suggestions are a little difficult as I live so far away, but embedding within the community would be a good start (Charlton Athletic run the National Citizens Scheme in our area - nothing to do with football, but promotes the club with young people), and working with the City Council to promote the club (they should be ashamed of their treatment of us after the Play-Off win and this could be used to our advantage).  The Evening Post seems to be an irrelevant dead duck these days, but other media outlets exist to promote the club, can these be leveraged in any way?

I think after that they would be pleased to see the back of me!! 

Edited by Ohh Tommy Johnson
correct typo
  • Like 10
  • Love 1

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I would try to thank them for all that they've done for the club and, encourage them to continue exactly the way they have been without diverting the plan. If at the time Notts wasn't in a rosy sort of picture, I would anchor my advice towards suggesting ways to get the fans on board. When we all believe, things happen, and we have that powerful 12th man type of connection to the club. Yet, I think it would mostly be encouragement to continue the success and, to simply thank them for everything so far.

They've avoided the pitfalls of social media, they put the club first before everything and that's admirable.

• Like 5
  • Love 6

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  15

I am truly impressed by your achievements so far and I have high hopes for the future. You have successfully brought us back to the Football League and I believe you have the potential to take us even further. I am confident that with your leadership and the resources available, Notts County can once again become a great club. Keep up the good work!

• Like 9

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,517
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I would say something like, "Thank you so much for saving our club from extinction and bringing us back to the Football League. You have shown great ambition and vision with your signings and your support for the manager. You have transformed Notts County from a laughingstock to a force to be reckoned with. You are the best owners we could have ever hoped for."

• Like 2
  • Love 8

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,786
  • Days Won:  27

Simply put, I would say something along the lines of: 

I am extremely proud of the work you have done for the club and the progress that has been made. Your approach, which balances statistics and analysis with passion and loyalty, has been instrumental in our success.

I understand that changes are necessary for progress and I am grateful for the positive impact you have had on the club. You have shown a deep understanding and appreciation for the history and culture of Notts County. Our legends have played a significant role in shaping the club and it is clear that their contributions have not been forgotten.

Thank you for your continued efforts towards embracing the unique identity of our club. I am confident that with your leadership, we will continue to achieve great things.

• Like 4
  • Love 5

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Days Won:  17

I would say thank you for saving our club and for bringing the club back where it belongs in the EFL. Now can you please offer Ruben a good deal to keep him at the Lane. COYP

• Like 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  137
  • Days Won:  0

I would ask the Reedtz brothers what they believed was possible in comparison to what has actually happened so far. I wonder at what stage, going into the club, they hoped Notts would gain promotion back to League Two and how they felt when they saw it unfold at Wembley.

If I had the time, I would enquire about how our recruitment system works. For example, what is the inner process without giving too many details away? I would then thank them for restoring the club’s title as the World’s Oldest Professional Football League Club.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

I would say 'Ay up ,me ducks,you've both done a fantastic job saving Notts and gaining promotion .David Clowes saved my club from oblivion and is also trying to get my team promoted,do you have any tips for him,thank you? '

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I would ask them if they’d thought about giving fans who’d been supporting Notts for over 60 years a free season ticket for life and free pie and pint at every game.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

@Fan of Big Tone that would ruin the club, thats basically 90% of the derek pavis stand. 😉😱 sorry! lol

i dont think i would speak to them, i would be to nervous and i think i would not know what to say., i do think they have done an incredible job for us and i hope they just how thankful we are as supporters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
29 minutes ago, liampie said:

@Fan of Big Tone that would ruin the club, thats basically 90% of the derek pavis stand. 😉😱 sorry! lol

That’s true. 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  2

I would certainly thank them and suggest discussing their vision for modernising the Meadow Lane stadium as an alternative talking point. We don’t need a new ground, but there is plenty of potential for improvements.

• Like 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  1

I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to the Reedtz brothers for everything they have done for Notts County. Their unwavering commitment and dedication to the club have not gone unnoticed by the fans. We appreciate all of their hard work and the positive impact they have had on the team. We are truly grateful to have had them as part of our club and wish them all the best in their future endeavours.

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  422
  • Days Won:  1

I think it would be invaluable to chat with the Reedtz brothers and gain an insight into their vision for the club. One question that comes to mind is how they plan on developing the club's youth academy. With more and more top-tier clubs investing in their youth infrastructure, it would be fascinating to know if the Reedtz brothers have similar plans for Notts County.

I would also be interested in learning about the potential transfer strategy for the club under their leadership. Would they focus on players with extensive experience, ready to take on the challenge of pushing Notts County towards greater heights? Or would they seek out promising young talent who could grow and evolve while under the tutelage of established, experienced players?

Beyond these queries, it would be gratifying to hear about their long-term plans for the club. What kind of football would they like to instil? And how would they seek to engage and unite the community around the club? All in all, this conversation would be highly enlightening for any Notts County supporter, and we would be eager to learn about the Reedtz brothers' goals for the club.

• Love 2

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

I would start by thanking each of the brothers, then turn to asking them about their hopes if and when Notts could return to the Championship. I would like to know about the long-term vision of the academy; as things stand, it hasn’t been good enough despite all the effort that goes into it. Something more rewarding needs to come from the youngsters the club works with and I think it needs investment.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I would thank them for what they have done for our club by saving our club.

I would also thank them for getting us back to the Football League,

I would then ask them what their long term plans would be for the Team and the Stadium.