• Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

• Like 8

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Be a good experience for him to face England. Strange that I want to see him put in a good performance even though he's playing against England. Having said that hopefully it's not too good of a performance though 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Only had the ball a few times in that first half but when he did have the ball, he was impressive and looked a great threat. If Malta are to get anything in this game, it's gonna come through him. Looks very confident and not afraid to take on players. Even pulled off the Maradona turn. 

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I caught the end of the game when they were talking about key points, it sounded very routine for England. Malta can feel disappointed, but I think Jodi shouldn't. I would have played not as a striker for starters. It's hard to get the ball if the players can retain it for long.

• Like 10

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I thought he did well and was surprised when the subbed him, the commentators were very complimentary of him. Well done Jodi.

• Like 8

@Fan of Big Tone he deserved every bit of compliment they gave him. Every time he got the ball he looked like causing an issue and was always willing to attack England's defence but had very limited options. Still he managed to make something happen on a few occasions. 

@Chris it was routine and he did well as a striker but you could see him dropping deeper just to get the ball that bit more and spark an attack from deep. 

• Like 5

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

Malta weren’t very good at all. In fairness, they made it easier for England. The own goal would have been converted by Harry Kane, but I thought they might have given England more of a test.

• Like 7

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Malta stood little chance. It was a solid team performance by England, very routine, but a few of the Malta players looked okay. It was hard for them to get involved when England rushed to get the ball back so quickly.

• Like 6

@eighteensixtytwo agreed, they weren't as much of a test or as hard to break down as I thought they would have been.

@CliftonMagpie fully professional performance from England. They had chances to get in but were either very wasteful or the lack of player quality. Didn't think Malta were as hard to deal with as they made them out to be pre-game.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It was very one-sided, with little means for Malta to even cause any sort of trouble. I have seen Malta play Italy, who gave them more time on the ball, and it’s because of this that I feel disappointed having hoped Malta would perform better. For the sake of Jodi Jones, I wished they had given him more opportunity, but it simply didn’t come.

• Like 7

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I can usually take or leave international football, but I'd have made an exception for this to see a Notts player in an England match! Sadly I was already back in Germany, so I only saw the highlights.

There was a big article on Jones in yesterday's i newspaper too. He's a gem - if we treat him well, he'll treat us well. 

• Like 8

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

@DangerousSausage you really did not miss much, seeing how malta played they was never going to give him enough time to make an impact. england was very good, but at the same time malta were very poor. disorganised, poor in passing, defensively weak. i know malta are very average but i have seen more fight from teams with much weaker squads.

• Like 4

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

I don’t know why teams that have a special player, like Jodi Jones, don’t work out ways to get him more involved. It would take the pressure off the defence and allow other players more time to get into the game. Malta never got going; anything positive came through Jodi. Once he was off, it was game over.

• Like 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355
  • Days Won:  1

It was all one route; Malta only looked bright through Jodi Jones. There was nothing he could do when the players in his team were nervous, incapable or just star-struck. It wasn’t a flattering performance for them.

• Like 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

No, I missed it. It’s difficult to catch England games with work and preparing to get there. In the past, I was able to watch via a small TV in my previous job but the facilities in this place are rather basic.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I wish I could watch England games, but it’s not possible through standard means. I will wait and see if the game gets uploaded to YouTube.