Close season reflections and pre-season anticipation

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,896
  • Days Won:  5

It would be lovely if everyone who reads this could take a moment to post a comment, even if it’s just a brief paragraph. I’m curious to know if anyone got up to anything exciting during the close season and if people are starting to look ahead to the new campaign. There’s a lot of excitement surrounding our return to the EFL, which I’m determined to enjoy no matter what happens. I’ll be happy just to be back watching teams like Tranmere Rovers, Bradford City, and Walsall.

During the close season, I didn’t do anything particularly special, but it did seem to drag on at the time. Now that we’re in pre-season, everything has accelerated.

• Like 9

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I’ve spent the close season mainly taking my wife to various hospital and doctors appointments which is not quite the same as the holiday in Corfu we had planned. However we’ve had some nice days out and just got back from a short holiday in Yorkshire.

Really looking forward to the new season back in the league it’s been a long time, I’m hoping to get to as many home matches as I can with at least one of my grandsons.

• Like 8

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

I bounce around the house, awaiting release back to football. I find the close season to be really boring and uneventful. I very much look forward to the beginning of pre-season, the signings, but not so much the rumours as they tend to always be made up. I mean, out of all the reports linked to us, none of them were correct to my knowledge. However, I am looking forward to the beginning of the season.

• Like 8

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  230
  • Days Won:  1

I look forward to the break from football, but after a few weeks, I start to crave the distraction. I haven’t been up to much, just work and reading about Notts. The pre-season is always a good time to gauge how other fans feel. Football provides a break from the working week, a sense of release, and something to look forward to.

• Like 7

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Currently, I'm doing overtime at work. Entering the 3rd week in a row of doing overtime and I'll admit it's kinda taking its toll now but after next week is done, I'm off for 2 weeks so I'll get time to recover. Other than that, haven't really done much during the close season. 

I'm hoping to get to more Notts games this season. Haven't been able to attend many games in previous years due to living in Coalville. Until recently, the buses didn't run from Nottingham to Coalville after 4.30 which means that I'd practical have to miss the second half. But now they're on till 5.35 so it gives me plenty of time. 

I only managed the 2 games last season and the friendly against Forest last weekend. 

Once you get to a certain point in thec close season and kits start getting released, players arrive in, friendlies take place you just want the season to start. However, when there's football on, like at the minute the Women's World Cup, it makes it that bit easier to cope with a close season. 

• Like 7

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

with us making the playoff final, it feels like the close season just merged with the start of the pre season. there was only a few weeks between and during that point the players were on holiday.

even with my work, i look forward to having talking points and seeing what is happening.

now we are in the pre season, i am more excited than ever. i am very much looking forward to sutton away. :D 

• Like 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  880

The off-season is always a quiet time for me. I usually don’t do anything other than watch football, so things can become a bit boring without match days. However, after our win at Wembley, I felt like this time things went quickly. It might be because we’re all looking forward to the season instead of dreading it!

Edited by thommo
  • Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The close season felt weird, because there was still news and things were late due to the playoffs, so the release list etc - it kept things active here. I mostly used the time to crack back on with PON. Pre-season has been enjoyable. I had hoped to make the Boston friendly, but I didn't feel great.

I still hope to make the Shrewsbury friendly, then it is straight onto the season.

To be honest, it seemed slow at first and then picked up quite quickly, it only feels like yesterday I had played to go to Nuneaton.

• Like 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419

It’s all a blur now; after Wembley, everything just seems to have sped up. Usually, I get a few days to myself in the close season. The downside [which is not a negative] of having a good season is that as soon as it finishes, you want the very next one to begin. Unless the previous season seemed like a one-off, but even then it can seem exciting.

• Like 3

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  382
  • Days Won:  8

Just spending time with my family and working.

As for the coming season, really looking forward to it thinking we need stability.... hoping for more.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

The close season went by very quickly. I don’t want to dwell on what I was doing because I don’t want to upset myself. I am looking forward to the new season and, for the first time in years, I will feel like I am with you all. Well, those of you who can attend games. :) 

• Like 2

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

I've spent the close season doing things with my mum we've been on the embankment  today. Had days out with a friend who's retired had a trip to Burton Trent and Belper was very nice. Lunch out with another friend ex workmate. Few trips too, Meadow Lane and a trip out to Alfreton last night. Awaiting the start of the new season back where Notts belong in the EFL. COYP

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

As for work and here, the close season didn’t seem long because of Wembley. It’s a good thing because it keeps that promotion feeling alive. It also helped Notts because we went straight into recruiting and so far, it’s been spot on yet again. We are making a lot more positive signings, players of quality that fit in and are of the age to improve further, plus the experience of David McGoldrick.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Once last season ended, I couldn’t wait for this campaign to begin. Now that all the pre-season friendlies are over, it’s just a week away, and it’s all I’ve been thinking about.