• Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

• Like 12
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

he sounds like a good signing, i am pleased we have another addition and in the area we ideally needed. welcome to meadow lane and notts county, ollie tipton.

• Like 12

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,786
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Probably signalling we have missed out on Jesse Debrah

Pleased that we have got Ollie...but think we still need one more central defender too

• Like 9

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

He appears to be an excellent choice, displaying great composure and attentiveness when in possession of the ball, while also demonstrating awareness and effectiveness in his offensive contributions.

@Piethagoram I think Luke Williams doesn't want to push Connell Rawlinson or Richard Brindley completely out of the frame for playing time.

Jesse Debrah wouldn't want to be sitting on the bench. He might cost a bit more in wages than we could afford right now. We have done well to recruit and use what budget we have. I'm suggesting we've spent up, but sometimes managers like to keep some of the budget to one side just in case they need it later on. My thoughts might be completely wrong and, we simply wasn't interested or knew he would be going elsewhere.

I personally don't think there's been any serious intention of us signing Debrah.

• Like 11

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,786
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Perhaps it's just me @Chris but with #Notts having the 2nd worst defensive record in the NL last season ( based on the 30% of the time we were out of possession), the defence still needs strengthening

• Like 9

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  0

Ollie Tipton sounds like a very good signing, even though it’s just a loan. Ideally, the season won’t see him recalled, but he fits in with what we need and the fact that he’s young just gives the club options. I trust Luke Williams and the recruitment team to bring in the right players so that we can better our chances of gaining promotion again.

• Like 13

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

1 hour ago, Piethagoram said:

Perhaps it's just me @Chris but with #Notts having the 2nd worst defensive record in the NL last season ( based on the 30% of the time we were out of possession), the defence still needs strengthening

I get your concern, but I am happy with this signing and I think Ollie Tipton will fill the gap where we need.

Many people have mentioned they would take Jesse Debrah, who would be a big signing, but I think what we have is more than enough to improve on last season's stats. Part of the issue with the stat mentioned, it doesn't take into account the lack of defending in front of the goal. With our midfield strengthened, I think we should be a more possession based team which would help reduce the goals conceded. I don't think you're wrong, I'm not just overly concerned.

• Like 11

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I am delighted that we have signed a centre-back. Ollie Tipton looks like a good addition to the squad, even if it is on loan. With him being versatile, I think it might see us sign more players. I would be happy with the squad as it is. He seems to have a good pedigree and attitude.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

I am happy with this too. I don’t mind loan deals when they’re not just padding or rushed deals that make no sense. Luke Williams has had him in to take a look, and that’s good enough for me.

Welcome to Meadow Lane, Ollie!

• Like 10

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

Welcome to Notts, Ollie Tipton. I am glad that we have secured his services for the season. He sounds ideal, especially if we are hit with injuries or fitness concerns. He will give Luke Williams plenty to think about.

• Like 8

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I am happy with the signing too. I know people have their minds set on other names, but I think Ollie Tipton will be a top defender one day. I think Wolves see his potential and that’s why I am excited. He will work hard for his chance, and having a player who can fit our system and play in alternative positions gives us a lot more depth. It’s a very good loan signing.

• Like 7

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

What’s not to like about this? He’s a young lad who seems to have the ability and should work hard to get his chance to play. I see nothing to complain about; if we can make use of his ability to play in multiple positions, it will benefit the team.

• Like 7

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

It sounds like a very good signing. Notts taking in a loan option gives some flexible options for Notts. I don’t think there’s a need to go out and rush just to sign anyone. I don’t believe it’s a panic loan; more than likely, the club hasn’t identified reachable targets who may be out of our reach or just not interested.

• Like 5

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  741
  • Days Won:  2

It’s nice to be welcoming a young lad just starting his football journey. I agree that the loan makes sense and that it leaves options open for Luke Williams. Fees can’t keep being paid for players without us making money on those who depart. If he can contribute to us getting back to League One, great, but otherwise finishing strongly is enough. Ollie Tipton sounds like the ideal loan signing.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

I am delighted and excited about the signing of Ollie Tipton. Luke Williams speaks very highly of him and although it’s just a loan, it’s nice to know the club can identify young talent like this to add further depth. I think it makes sense not to blow the budget signing players that might not feature much but can come in as required.

• Like 3

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

I hope he does well with us. Only time will tell. Good loan signing.

• Like 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

It’s good to have a young, hungry defender who can also play as a defensive midfielder. I can’t see John Bostock being out of the team very often, but there is every chance he could feature often in the centre-back position.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  19

From what I have seen, he’s looked good and shown good strength for a younger defender. I am very happy with this loan signing. Ollie Tipton looks like a useful addition to the squad.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  374

I thought that Ollie Tipton looked useful when Notts played Telford. I really hope he can settle and contribute to our season effectively. I trust the club’s recruitment, so I am sure he will be useful.

• Like 1