Jayden Richardson joins Stockport

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,772
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

That stupid free kick he gave away in the Grimsby play off game still haunts my mind!

Aberdeen clearing out their #Notts involvement, Cal Roberts & Jayden, presumably at a cost

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

he was generally very good for notts and young players do make mistakes, yes it proved costly but i would welcome him back here in our colours in a heart beat. he will be a good signing for stockport county.

• Like 11

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

It’s a very good signing for Stockport County. They are recruiting just as well as us. It’s going to be interesting to see which teams see the payoff from their transfers. There are at least 8 teams that could prove to be dominant in this division, so League Two will be interesting to watch, as will seeing how Jayden Richardson performs.

• Like 9

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I would have also welcomed Jayden Richardson back, I think he’s a very good player and it is a very good signing for Stockport County. He should have a decent season for them, which is unfortunate to see rival teams continuing to improve. Not that I am unhappy with our squad, I just think it makes things harder.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Interesting to see how he goes and if he has improved his end product and gained consistency. Lightning quick but could also be a bit of a headless chicken at times but seeing as Stockport look really good for promotion, I think it’s a really good move for him.

• Like 7

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I would say it's a good move, it's a quality player at this level that will only improve. He's great going forward, as he was here and defensively he was okay. We've had many players who have made the odd mistake but are still valuable squad players.

And, then there's Richard Duffy.

• Haha 8

• Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

12 hours ago, Chris said:

And, then there's Richard Duffy.

Thanks for that @Chrisi had totally expunged him from all memory, now I’m haunted again!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,350
  • Days Won:  1

He is not a bad player and I imagine he has improved a lot since being on loan with us. I truly believe he is a great signing for Stockport County and would fit in well with most League One teams.

• Like 7

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,772
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Despite the pre season games where we had a back 4, I still think LW preferred option is a back 3... RCB with height and pace still required?

• Like 5

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

Jayden Richardson seemed very popular before his mistake, but then I noticed that many people turned on him. It was a nightmare, but those games are difficult and he was young. It’s hard to hold it against him, especially now that we’re back in the Football League.

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

It’s clear that the player in question gave his all for the team, and it’s understandable that he was disappointed about his mistake. However, it’s important to remember that everyone makes mistakes, and if we were to dwell on each one, the list would be never-ending. It’s unfortunate that he left feeling like he had ruined the team’s chances at promotion, but we wish him all the best at Stockport County.

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  373
  • Days Won:  0

Jayden Richardson was mostly class; once he got going, teams struggled to cope, and I thought he would do well with Aberdeen. Good luck to him at Stockport County.

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  1

It seems like a good signing and it’s likely that the player will continue to improve with Stockport County. On paper, they appear to have one of the strongest squads and could be a strong contender for promotion. However, only time will tell if things will work out as expected.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

Jayden Richardson is certainly a talented player, and I agree with your assessment of him. He received some criticism on social media for a poor decision he made, but it was just a mistake. A momentary lapse in judgement, a rush of blood to the head. I’m sure that if he had the chance to do it over again, he wouldn’t have made that challenge. He probably didn’t even realise how dangerous the situation was when he gave away the free kick.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Jayden Richardson received a lot of praise from fans until he made that costly mistake. While it had a significant impact, it's essential to move on from such incidents. Every player can make errors, and it's unfair to undermine his earlier contributions based on one mistake. Let's wish him the best of luck at Stockport, except when playing against Notts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Richardson was OK for us in the team and position he played. However, he can't defend. His defensive decision making (and not just that one), plus positioning - were dire. I was surprised to see him sign for Aberdeen.

• Like 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,133
  • Days Won:  2

He did well for us, yes he played far better going forward but defensively he was capable. I remember a few mistakes, but I recall a lot more from experienced defenders that usually don't get criticised as much as a loan signing would. Especially one who got a whiplash for being clumsy and costed the club a potential promotion.