• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,782
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Regardless of his injuries, he would be a good signing for Notts and would be useful on either wing back positions.

If it's true he's training with us, it might not mean that he will sign. We could be doing him a favour, although I do hope that he does. Was it Bobby Zamora who trained with us before? Fans thought he would be signing despite being quite old and having been retired. If it wasn't Zamora, it's someone similar as people were mixed on Twitter over the possibility of the signing. I do remember comments about the age and fact the player had been retired for a while.

• Like 8

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,782
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Chris I recall Luke inviting Bobby Zamora to cast his eye over #Notts  training last season. 

• Like 8

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i know he was pretty quick a few years back when i watched him play, i dont know much about him but he did catch my eye playing in a cup game. he would be a good signing to cover and push chicksen.

• Like 8

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

I think having someone who can play on the left and right of the wingback position would be a good signing. I know his name as I have heard it mentioned before, but I don’t know much about his performances or ability. From what I’ve seen of where he’s played, he looks like he would be a good signing.

• Like 6

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

One of the bonuses to holding an open training session is that you can’t hide the trialists! That’s if he is one…

I’m inclined to agree with @Chris that we are doing him a favour allowing him to train with us. He’ll have been on very good wages at Middlesbrough, we won't be able to offer anywhere near that if he were to join us.

Seem to vaguely remember watching him on TV when he was at Middlesbrough, the extent of my knowledge is that he’s quick. He’s had his injury problems though was out for nearly 2 years with a knee injury that was described as a “freak accident”. I wonder if an injury that was obviously very serious will ever heal properly?

• Like 8

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Darnell Fisher is a good player, quite skillful and would do well for us if he did sign.

• Like 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

It’s definitely him looking at the photos on Twitter X, but can’t see us signing him as we just don’t need a right back so I think he’s with us for fitness. Wouldn’t want him for the RCB position, he’s far too short and we’re lacking enough height as it is.

• Like 7

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Don’t think I’ve ever heard of him but if Williams and the recruitment team decide he’s a good fit for Notts that’ll be good enough for me.

• Like 5

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355
  • Days Won:  1

He can play on either side of the defence, as a right or left back. He has pace and is fairly good at defending. I watched his training video and he looked impressive, forcing Jodi Jones to go wide before taking the ball from him. If his wages are not an issue, he would be a good signing. Perhaps this is why Ollie Tipton has been loaned out, so the club can invest more in other areas that need strengthening.

• Like 5

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

Darnell Fisher would be an excellent addition to the Notts squad if he were to join. I don’t see the point in bringing in players just for training, but we can’t assume that’s the only reason he’s here. In any case, I think he would fit in well and offer many positive attributes to the squad. Whether he would be willing to rotate remains to be seen.

• Like 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  374
  • Days Won:  0

He’s a very good player and certainly someone who could improve the squad and be a key player. If he’s in form, all the better for us if he does sign. I hope he’s not just training with us.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

It would be fantastic to have him on board, but if he is here to sign, it is unclear why terms have not already been agreed with him. There does not seem to be any obvious reason for a delay. It is possible that the club wanted to take a closer look at him or that they are doing him a favour. Of course, this is just speculation and I could be wrong. Unless the club announces the signing before the game tomorrow, it is difficult to understand why there would be a delay

• Like 2

• Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

Darnell Fisher would be an excellent addition. There's still time, but the longer it isn't announced, the higher the chances are that it's not going to happen. I would agree that there is no point in allowing players to train at the club who are not recruitment potentials.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I'm not familiar with Darnell Fisher, so I can't comment on him. However, I do agree that offering training sessions to players who aren't transfer targets seems pointless. It's possible the club did consider him, so I'll wait for the news before commenting further.

• 3 months later...

• Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  0

It’s upsetting to learn that Darnell Fisher has hung up his boots, presumably due to the injury that sidelined him for a long period. One can’t help but wonder if Notts avoided a potential issue by not pursuing his signature, or if the outcome could have been different. Regardless, it’s always disheartening when an injury forces a footballer to retire.

• Like 1