Transfer deadline day looms...Ins and outs?

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,785
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

I would expect loan moves for:

Lucien Mahovo

Luther Munakandafa

though these may not be dependent on the transfer deadline day, as likely it would be towards the National League

Still hopeful of 1 or 2 centre backs, incoming, especially with Bajrami's injury

• Like 17

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  282
  • Days Won:  1

Judging from what Luke Williams said, I am not expecting a signing. It’s gone from us needing a signing to “we’ll see,” with more emphasis being put on Ollie Tipton.

• Like 13

• Content Count:  495

As for new signings, I’m not holding my breath. We’re no longer the team that scrambles at the deadline. I might have been persuaded to believe that a new player was on the horizon if there had been whispers or discussions about it. However, things have been quiet and typically, by this point, we would have had a more definitive indication of any potential signings.

• Like 15

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Ideally, a CB would come in.

I think the defensive midfield position is fine; I can't see us struggling to find someone to play this position or someone who can do it well. What would make a stronger defence, a defender like Mark Ellis or Mike Edwards in my opinion.

• Like 14

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

agreed, i would prefer a cb than a dm.

we need someone who can improve the mistakes at the back in that area, not someone in midfield. i think there is numerous players who could fill in that role if needed. we are playing players who were used to be wider in cb, so it makes sense to get someone in who is stronger naturally in this area. problem is, is there someone out there we can afford and is better than what we have?

• Like 13

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

Is there any news, or has the deadline passed? I wasn’t expecting us to sign anyone.

• Like 11

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

5 minutes ago, Joshua said:

Is there any news, or has the deadline passed? I wasn’t expecting us to sign anyone.

I think it's next week.

Apparently LW is expecting one or two players to come and go. A bit more competition at the back would be handy, a CB with the physical presence of Mark Ellis and the football brain of Mike Edwards would be ideal! And a defensive CM for when we're really under pressure as we're very lacking there. Otherwise I think we're good to go. The departures will probably be loan moves, such as Mahovo to Long Eaton.

• Like 12

• Content Count:  531

I don't think there will be any additions; if we do, I think it's likely to be a single loan. I think Notts would have acted sooner if it was a permanent signing.

• Like 11

• Content Count:  419

I don’t expect any signings to come, Notts may make a surprise signing and provided it’s not someone higher up the pitch. Then fair enough, I think we can manage until January myself. Yet the board and Luke Williams may think differently, I am hoping Notts doesn’t bring in a defensive midfield because they will end up a spare part much like Frank Vincent and Ed Francis did last season.

• Like 10

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I don’t know what to expect. I can see the point for and against bringing in a defensive midfielder. Personally, I look at the defence and feel like we need another Adam Baldwin. If that will happen, I can’t say, but it’s my only wish that I have due to believing it would make us more structured at the back.

• Like 9

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

As for player movements, I don’t anticipate much activity from us. I know Luke has mentioned that some players might want to go out on loan, so I think Luther might move to another team. Apart from that, I don’t foresee any senior players requesting loans, perhaps in January, but I would be surprised if we signed any additional players.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  0

The club may review the situation if Cedwyn Scott is out for an extended period, which may compel them to either alter their current plans or recruit a few players. They may not bring in anyone, but I would like to see a CB. I believe Connell Rawlinson can perform well, but he may not be someone who can start regularly.

• Like 8

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

I wasn’t expecting anyone to come in, but if it’s true regarding the two failed bids for the centre-back from the Irish league, then it would seem the club is at work attempting to bring in at least one player. It wouldn’t surprise me if the club does sign a couple, taking a gamble on two younger options to help cover the injuries we have.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  374

I don’t think we need to rush to sign a DM. Ollie Tipton should be able to cover, and Jim O’Brien is fine with being rotated with John Bostock. Signing someone now would just seem for the sake of signing someone. Reviewing in January would be the best solution. As for a centre-back, yes please!

• Like 6

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

Well, it seems we are looking to bring in a centre-back; I didn’t think we would, and that may still be the case. I can’t see any more than one player coming in as things stand.

• Like 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

the transfer deadline is fast approaching now, its going to be interesting to see if notts gets their man or not. we might have other targets as mentioned, so we will see. i personally did not think we would but with the rumour of keeley i think the board do want to strengthen the defence.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  10

If notts do bring anyone in it will take the manager until Feb to get them on the pitch so they will probably stick with what they have. :)

• Like 2

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

I have the feeling that Notts won’t be able to bring anyone in. So far, there have been few signs, and I notice that the club has put out training videos. I think fans will be combing through the footage to see if anyone unknown is among the squad, but I really don’t see anything transpiring now.

• Like 1