Eastleigh sack Lee Bradbury

Piethagoram

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Who in their right mind would be a football manager it’s not exactly a secure career is it? :panic:

• Like 10

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Sacking a manager so soon into the new season is pure stupidity, especially when he'd done a steady job with them in the past. Do they have big ambitions this season or something?

• Like 10

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

While it may seem nonsensical, there could be larger factors at play that we’re not aware of. Eastleigh, in my opinion, are performing beyond expectations. I struggle to see them as anything more than a side hoping for a playoff spot. However, this decision does appear to be ill-advised. It’s worth noting that we don’t know if there has been some misconduct or if the Eastleigh chairman has simply lost his patience.

• Like 10

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i wonder what their fans think of the situation?

as an outsider it does seem crazy, with it still being early days but they have not started well. it makes you wonder if there has been a falling out between him and the players. they are better than were they are but i think he should have been given longer.

• Like 9

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I don't know about the case with this team and decision to sack him but hopefully for good reasons, not coz they lost a few games.

• Like 7

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

10 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

Sacking a manager so soon into the new season is pure stupidity, especially when he'd done a steady job with them in the past. Do they have big ambitions this season or something?

Eastleigh is a playoff-capable side, who are at the minimum upper half mid-table.

I can see why they have sacked their manager, their start of the season has been quite dire. Their performances don't look anything like the Eastleigh that made it hard for Notts to play against them, whilst I get this. I do think it's a harsh decision.

Personally, I would have given him at least a dozen more games to see if it could be turned around.

If they suddenly start doing well, it would suggest the call were warranted after all. Football is an incredibly harsh sport for managers, coaches, staff and players.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

I don’t agree with early sacking, but something other than poor form must have prompted this decision. It’s very early days; Eastleigh should be able to turn him around.

• Like 8

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

I can understand why he has been sacked - Eastleigh Football Club has had a very poor start to the season. These days, I am less shocked to see a manager leave a club; I am more surprised to see one complete a full season, and even more so if they manage to stay beyond that without achieving success.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

Eastleigh should have given their manager more time to improve things. It’s regrettable that they decided to dismiss him so early into the new season.

• Like 5

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

It’s one of those situations where, because they had done well previously, they clearly feel that the manager hasn’t performed well enough with the squad that they have. I hope they don’t regret it and manage to improve.

• Like 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,350
  • Days Won:  1

The Queen song, “Another One Bites the Dust” comes to mind. He won’t be the last manager to go before we are 10 games in. Football isn’t known for giving managers time to turn things around. If they do, it can prove to be more costly. Look at us with Kevin Nolan, then the appointment of Harry Kewell. For me, Kewell is on par with Jamie Fullerton as being the worst manager we have had for decades.

• Like 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

I can understand the sacking. Real life is all about the pressure managers have to face and poor starts do make clubs fearful. It’s no longer easy for teams to bounce back after relegation and in the Non-League, it is all the more important to survive the drop. I don’t agree with clubs sacking their managers but I can see why the decision has been made.

• Like 3

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  2

Lee Bradbury will find another club that he should do better with. Eastleigh can be a good team but they are performing above my expectations of them. I always looked at their squad and thought they were lower mid-table.

• Like 2