Lewis Macari....

Piethagoram

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

the 72 are just as bad as the football league world. they will have read the discussion on here and turned it into more of a thing. these sites rely on factual news to be right, the likes of sky, bbc and nottingham post. i would not believe that so called reporter either, half of his stories seem to gambles. it would be nice if true but i dont believe anything here.

• Like 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The Mirror have picked up this story, however, I can't take it seriously when he doesn't make the starting line-up when it's obvious he would be a better choice to play on the left of centre backs.

Besides, there are far more reputable sources that if they covered the story then I might be more inclined.

The Nottingham Post will most likely cover this now, but if I were them I would do some investigation and ask if it's true. I reckon David Jackson will ask at the next press conference.

• Like 4

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

Bringing in a player who doesn’t get to start often seems futile. I would consider him, but the price has to be right and it shouldn’t come at the expense of signing a stronger leader who plays centre back. We need someone who is defensively alert, who will organise the team and wake up those who are dozing off.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Let's please remember that the 72 usually get things wrong, and it probably just a gamble for them that has worked out - including all the awful papers like picking it up.

That said, I am pleased he signed and I think having seen him - I now understand what he brings.

He looked good against Walsall, I wouldn't have taken him off personally but now he's ours. Hopefully we continue to give him more time, Ollie Tipton could probably go back since he's nowhere near our lineup.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,234
  • Days Won:  69

Good luck to the lad.

• Like 9

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  36

Very pleased we signed him permanently and good to see that we’ve got him on a long contract as he has looked our most consistent defender to be honest.

We need one more tall, quick centre half now in very early January to come in as an immediate starter, along with another central midfielder and the I can see us definitely making the playoffs. We now know for a fact that Connor Keeley won’t be coming to us as he has just signed for another Irish side (probably just internet gossip that linked us in the first place).

I also think we may well see either Rawlo or Brindley being offered out on loan when we do get another defender in. And I agree with @Chris, Tipton can go back to Wolves for me.

• Like 11

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  54

That's a long contract we've given to him, the club and coaching staff obviously see a lot of potential in him. I've been impressed, you're going to be inconsistent when this is your first spell in men's football but he's very comfortable on the ball and has slotted in nicely.

I think the one criticism I have with Notts squad is the lack of younger pros, Macari is in a pretty small group of 20-24 year olds. In terms of proper first teamers, there's only Stone and Baj and they are both 24. I think this type of player is someone need to be targeting, someone who can play in the first team when needed but is someone who can also improve (a lot!) with us over the years. I know in hindsight it's easier to say but an understudy for the likes of Palmer/Bostock would've been ideal for this season too.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,427
  • Days Won:  287

This is a good signing, wasn't sure that Stoke were looking to get rid but it's our gain.

One issue with having young players in on loan is that we're developing another team's players. They learn with us - inevitably making some mistakes as they go along - and their parent club then gets the benefit of that. I can see Macari improving a lot over the next couple of years, and it'll be our gain.

• Like 7

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,319
  • Days Won:  1

It's a good signing, the long-term deal seems sufficient to see if we can unlock more of his potential. It's probably a sign that we don't plan to immediately include him in the squad but have him ready when needed.

• Like 7

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,856
  • Days Won:  5

I’m glad we’ve signed him. I believe he can develop and become a valuable player for us. He’s done well when given the opportunity, he’s a bit small, but that’s no issue if you can defend. It’s interesting to see him left out of today’s team against Harrogate, not even making the bench.

• Like 7

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,069
  • Days Won:  2

Lewis MaCari is a promising addition, I hope he returns soon from whatever is holding him back and demonstrates how he can contribute to our progress.

• Like 3

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

I still don't think we've seen enough from him, but now that we've signed him, it's all the more important to get it out of Lewis Macari. He's a good player, but I don't think we've seen enough to say anything more than that he's promising.

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Days Won:  0

From what I’ve observed, it’s a good signing. I agree that he has more to contribute and display, but that will come with time.

• Like 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  269
  • Days Won:  1

I believe if we had signed him at the start of the season, some might have lost interest in him by now due to the time it took for him to get his opportunity. Hopefully, we can find a way to integrate him quickly into our first team and strengthen it. He does seem to be a reliable defender.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,684
  • Days Won:  27

I’m not particularly concerned about Lewis Macari. I believe it’s a decent signing, but not the solution to our issues. He’s a future regular, but for now, he deserves to be used as needed. I’m happy with the signing, but I hope it won’t be an expensive fee to make him a permanent player.

• Like 2

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,102
  • Days Won:  2

He’s a promising young player, and I’m delighted he’s part of our team. I’m eager to see his contribution to the squad once he’s back playing regularly. Does anyone know or have any guesses about how much we spent on the transfer?

• Like 1