Jaden Warner to Notts

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Eyes will be peeled on what happens here, it could be a good signing, but personally I do hope experience in centre back position.

• Like 14
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  36

Couldn’t agree more @Chris, I would hope for one experienced centre half of proven standard. Signing potential is great,  but he could end up like the Wolves lad and be no better than what we already have.

• Like 14
  • Love 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,111
  • Days Won:  54

Confirmed now. I’m pretty pleased with this one to be honest. I’ll stick my neck out here and say he’ll be considerably better than Tipton. He’s part of the Norwich first team squad, Tipton was very much an academy player.

This is very encouraging;

“Standing at 6ft 4’, Jaden brings tremendous pace and power to our back line and, crucially, he has strong defensive instincts in terms of his positioning, anticipation and willingness to put his body on the line. Beyond that, he’s excellent on the ball and will be able to contribute a lot for us in build-up phases.”

The pace and power attributes are desperately needed in defence so on paper he sounds perfect. Even if he’s having a bad game he’ll still be quick and big… Tipton was just big 😆

• Like 13
  • Love 5

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Jaden is a really good signing for us, his hight, pace and skill on the ground is just what Notts need at the back. He's very comfortable going forward and can play on the left or right of defence. He has 2 or three days to train with his new team before Barrow. He'll probably be on the bench for that game. Can't wait till Saturday.

• Like 13
  • Love 1

• Chris changed the title to Jaden Warner to Notts

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Yep, it's official now.

I am still hopeful we can sign someone with a bit more experience, but you know, I am a lot happier knowing some of the things I have been told by Norwich supporters I know. His height will be of a huge benefit to us, we need a giant at the back.

• Like 15

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  744
  • Days Won:  3

Securing Jaden Warner is the sort of development that stirs enthusiasm for the remainder of the season. Nurturing budding talents has always been a hallmark of Notts County, and Warner embodies this principle beautifully.

His athletic ability and tactical acumen are the exact attributes required to bolster our defensive line. Richard Montague and the scouting team deserve a hearty commendation for successfully finalising this deal.

• Like 14

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,517
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Even if he’s on loan, it seems like a good signing. He needs to be played, and we must avoid the type of signing that Ollie Tipton represents. His height and raw talent could be advantageous if we position him alongside two experienced defenders like Aden Baldwin and Kyle Cameron. I’m quite pleased and have no criticisms.

• Like 11
  • Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

his height and pace should be of a huge benefit, the way he debut for norwich he did not really need to rely on those attributes. everything was from clever and tight marker, dealing with the threats before they became a problem. very pleased, i wish him well too.

• Like 12

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

He appears to have all the qualities we require. We can only consider the signing a success if we decide to play him and he seizes that chance. Some people hope he plays as the CBR, but from what I've seen, I think he would be most effective in the middle. I hope he does start there because he might have the speed to handle situations when we are caught out.

• Like 10

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  50

I have a sense that Notts acted quickly to make this happen, but was held up by the managerial change. Jaden Warner seems to have a promising future. He needs to stand up to less skilled footballers who will try to bully him, but everything about the move makes sense. I wish him well during his time here.

• Like 9

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  15

He’s certainly won my approval. Not that I doubted his abilities, but after hearing him speak, I believe he’s up for the challenge and could be exactly what we require. If he can provide the stability and defensive presence that Alex Lacey once did, I’ll be quite pleased.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  546
  • Days Won:  1

I don’t anticipate many more signings. For those hoping for another central midfielder and striker, it’s unlikely to happen. We might bring in another defender, but I suspect our transfer dealings will conclude here.

• Like 7

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  194

Apart from his debut, I can’t say I know much about Jaden Warner, and I assume this is the same for most fans. It would be interesting to hear what Norwich fans think of him. It might be worth a look at one of their fan forums, but I’m eager to see how he fits into the team.

• Like 6

Supporter+
9 hours ago, B&Wstripes said:

I don’t anticipate many more signings. For those hoping for another central midfielder and striker, it’s unlikely to happen. We might bring in another defender, but I suspect our transfer dealings will conclude here.

I expect that Stuart will work with our existing squad to reduce the goals conceded column. Yes we have made defensive mistakes, but many of the goals conceded, come by the way the defence has been exposed when we are all out attacking, and are caught on the counter.

• Like 5

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,501
  • Days Won:  287

This does sound quite good, I'm optimistic about this signing. Really I was hoping for a leader at the back, someone with a bit of experience to organise the back line. Not sure we can really expect that of Warner, but he does sound promising.

I'd still like to see one or two more come in. We're still paper thin in central midfield, and another option up front wouldn't hurt either. 

• Like 7

Supporter+

@DangerousSausage I think that all our defence needs is extra cover when we lose possession up front, Jaden will give us an extra dimension, height and ball skills, but we need more caution when going forward, mix up the short game with the long game, & when the defence is under pressure get rid of it or kick the ball into touch. Less trying to be clever at the back, can cut out much of the mistakes.

I'm sure Stuart will make small changes to our shape and style of play especially in the next 5 make or break games.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

I’m eager to see him in action. It’s all too common to see a young player sign and then not quite live up to expectations. I’m sure Jaden Warner is here with the intention to play, but in the Championship, there’s more time to react. League Two is scrappy and physical. He has all the makings of a key player, but it depends on how he’s integrated into our team.

• Like 5

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  911
  • Days Won:  2

Norwich fans seem impressed, which makes it more exciting. Luke Williams might have been reluctant to start younger players for some reason, but I think Stuart Maynard will see the value in playing Jaden Warner. Some young players are just ready for football, and he could do a job for his parent club, which means we should play him.

• Like 4

Supporter+
22 hours ago, B&Wstripes said:

I think there may be another loan signing.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,786
  • Days Won:  27

I’m happy with the new signing. He seems robust and exactly what we need. If he were older and had more experience with Norwich or had been loaned out, fans might not be concerned about his lack of experience. A good player can compensate for that, and at our level, he should be able to contribute effectively. He appears to be very defensively focused, which is welcome in a young player, despite hopes of signing someone more experienced.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  507
  • Days Won:  1

I was hoping for someone more seasoned, but talent can be found at any age. I’m thrilled to see Jaden Warner play for Notts. His impressive debut suggests that Norwich made a good decision to loan him out for more experience. Imagine if he becomes a top player and joins a Premier League team - we could proudly say we played a part in his journey. That would be fantastic!

• Like 1

Supporter+
1 minute ago, JIMBO said:

I was hoping for someone more seasoned, but talent can be found at any age. I’m thrilled to see Jaden Warner play for Notts. His impressive debut suggests that Norwich made a good decision to loan him out for more experience. Imagine if he becomes a top player and joins a Premier League team - we could proudly say we played a part in his journey. That would be fantastic!

I agree. I think the recruitment team have secured a gem here. I think he's destined for the Premier League at some point, of course that's not a certainty, but what I've seen of him he will do an excellent job for us at this level.