• Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Notts have submitted planning permission to create a fan zone, read more here:

• Like 15

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

but our owners have no ambition. 🤣 free beers for the booers. 😖 its good news because the club could make a fortune taking custom away from the navi and other pubs. pubs which only want our custom when the crowds are up.

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,517
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It's good news, though a bit ambitious with LED advertising boards only on one side of the stands. Fans in the KOP want rails like the Derek Pavis Stand, but if it boosts income, it's great. I'm supportive, but with the current division among fans, maybe other factors should be explored for now.

• Like 14

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

It's a great idea and I'll await the decision of the Council with interest.

• Like 12

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

The council has no reason to refuse. Forest was given approval for their fan zone, and repurposing the area could bring numerous benefits. Hosting events at the location instead of inside Meadow Lane might incur higher staffing costs, so it's a sensible choice.

• Like 11

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

The fan zone appears thrilling, and it demonstrates that the club isn’t just sitting idle. I understand that some people will naturally want this money to be invested in the squad, but over time it could generate funds to make a difference. There must be a balance between investing in the squad and infrastructure. The timing of this could have been better, but it’s a fantastic option.

• Like 11

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The biggest issue is if the club doesn't price their facilities competitively against other options.

Whilst the fan zone would largely be popular, its success needs to be met by making the experience it offers affordable and at a point that it makes sense to compete against other areas such as the Navi/Embankment. It's an ambitious project, which I think is great.

• Like 10

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

To be honest, this should have been sorted before the changes at The Trent Navigation. The club needs to ensure that the fan zone isn’t just a replica of the Navi. It would be good to see the Navi less crowded as it has been in recent years. However, Notts must offer competitive prices and not just assume fans will use the facilities just because they’re supporters.

• Like 10

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  634
  • Days Won:  2

It should turn a profit if it’s approved. But I hope the club has other ideas on how the area can be utilised when there aren’t any matches. That would make it more practical and beneficial.

• Like 9

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  15

It seems like a sensible plan. With more gates and fans, it should help make other areas more suitable for catching up with friends without them being too crowded. I also agree with the remarks about ensuring the space can be used on non-match days, as this would make it more valuable.

• Like 9

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  0

If they make it a proper bar, then I might use it. Food-wise, it would be good to get fresh food that doesn't charge an arm and a leg just because gourmet is slapped onto it. The Navi may try to improve things as they did with the changes made to the Embankment pub. Notts needs to do it right for it to be a big success.

• Like 8

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  1

Brilliant idea from the club! This could really enhance match days for fans. I hope they don't go overboard with the plans and instead keep it simple at first, allowing room for improvement. This way, it can grow in sync with the fans and not fall short despite its initial promise.

• Like 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  81

I hope they keep the Meadow Lane Sports Bar for us and not for the away fans because of the new fan zone. It seems like a good way to bring more money into the club.

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  389

It may not be the largest space, but it could serve well as a fan zone. It’s important that all profits go back to Notts, as this will support improvements in other areas. The club is taking on a very ambitious project.

• Like 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  194

The club has embarked on an ambitious project, but I believe they can make it work. Having a central fan zone is a fantastic idea, and I don’t think it will significantly affect other businesses. It simply means that other places will be less crowded. I’m looking forward to its unveiling. It would have been an excellent spot to celebrate our promotion last season.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,786
  • Days Won:  27

If executed correctly, this could provide a lift to the club and an additional source of income. The club might want to think about dedicating sections of the fan zone to the club shop. Various types of food could be offered, but it should all be managed in-house and be club-related, rather than involving third-party vendors.

• Like 2
  • Love 1