Hayley Turner : Notts supporting jockey

what ever happened to the young lad that our academy released due to being to small, who then went on the be a jockey?

this is a great thing, i am not familar with hayley turner but seeing her wear the notts training gear is really great to see. its like notts is a bit more trendy to support these days. we should always be proud.

• Like 12

Supporter+

I’m not really into horse racing but anything that promotes Notts County is fine by me, good for her wearing Notts stuff.

• Like 10

Supporter+

I haven't watched much horse racing since the days of Peter O'Sullivan, Brough Scott and Co,

I still watch the Derby and Grand National  every year when I can.

It is great that a leading sporting personality like Haley is supporting Notts.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Robbie said:

I haven't watched much horse racing since the days of Peter O'Sullivan, Brough Scott and Co,

I still watch the Derby and Grand National  every year when I can.

It is great that a leading sporting personality like Haley is supporting Notts.

I don't think people pay a lot of attention to things these days, once most would have known about who was who. Yes, some might be unknown but more likely Hayley Turner would have been known in our circle with her being a Notts fan.

Those days of knowing a lot about the people in film and TV credits are long gone.

Which is extending to presenters, sometimes when I watch something, and it changes, such as Pointless with the quiz assistant - I'm like... Who's that?!!? Oh I preferred so and so. 😛 

• Like 2

Supporter+

@Chris

I used to watch quite a few Jockeys like Lester Piggot, Willie Carson, & Pat Eddery, ply their trade on the best horses

Never used to bet on the horses much, only the Derby with an each way bet.

Stopped watching the sport about 30 years ago.

It's the only sport that I really lost interest in.

• Like 2

@Robbie it used to be a yearly habit of watching the Grand National, we used to have a friendly bet within the family and on occastions a bet would be placed, but I have to admit, I lost interest. It's the same with the University Boat Race. Habits change; information isn't stored the same. Technology has a lot to do with it IMO.

• Like 1

On 22/06/2024 at 18:05, liampie said:

what ever happened to the young lad that our academy released due to being to small, who then went on the be a jockey?

this is a great thing, i am not familar with hayley turner but seeing her wear the notts training gear is really great to see. its like notts is a bit more trendy to support these days. we should always be proud.

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/ex-footballer-shines-in-his-first-race-as-a-jockey-318161

https://www.racingpost.com/profile/jockey/96986/jamie-parkes/stats

• Like 2

Supporter+
30 minutes ago, Chris said:

@Robbie it used to be a yearly habit of watching the Grand National, we used to have a friendly bet within the family and on occasions a bet would be placed, but I have to admit, I lost interest. It's the same with the University Boat Race. Habits change; information isn't stored the same. Technology has a lot to do with it IMO.

I see what you mean Chris.

I can remember those iconic thoroughbred horses, from the 70s like Mill Reef,  Brigadier Gerrard, and Nijinsky, I still remember that the Brigadier won 17 out of 18 major races and his only defeat came from another great, Roberto.

I can't name a modern horse at all now. 

• Like 1