Macca to Millwall?

• Piethagoram changed the title to Macca to Millwall?

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,147
  • Days Won:  154
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Click & bait again, why do people fall for it?

This account has just 482 followers. It's spam.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Supporter+

Made a bid, bit different to Fee agreed.

It's just the usual click and bait football rumours.

Till I see something official from Notts, I won't believe any rumour.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Transfer 24/7's tweet seems to be genuine and trustworthy. I bet they've spent years trying to build up their reputation in a modest and reliable way. *sarcasm*

A bid may have been made, but I don't trust sites that are that generic.

To me, it all seems very clickbait, but only time will tell. I'm not going to worry or pay much attention until anything comes forward. However, with us being linked to Will Evans, it does make me somewhat curious. There could be more to it, we'll see.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

@Piethagoram you have me worried that macca might be leaving. :(

with will evans being reportedly seen at notts and a potenial bid of £2m for macaulay langstaff, it could open up a bidding war. i do think if other areas of the press like local papers to club start writing about him, then there might just be something in it.

• Like 10
  • Sad 3

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,662
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Brentford sold their best players over the years and wisely reinvested

I dont want Macca to go, but if an exceptional offer comes in, you cant deny him the chance of championship football

• Like 7

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

I can't see Macca leaving. He looks comfortable at Notts and having been given the captaincy this could be a way to keep him.

Although, if the right fee comes along and it's a fee that could be used wisely and is a price above valuation then as gutting as it would be would have no choice but to accept.

• Like 8

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,074
  • Days Won:  17

Two Million? He's Got To Be Worth Three At the Very Least. Nah I think Macca will be at the Lane, until the Next January Transfer Window and maybe beyond. Depends how many Goals he Scores.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  56
  • Days Won:  0

There might be some truth to the Millwall rumours, although I’m uncertain if they’ve made an actual bid or merely shown interest. I don’t believe we should be concerned, but it could potentially lead to a flurry of bids. As long as Notts secures a favourable deal if anything does transpire, I’ll be content.

• Like 8

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,684
  • Days Won:  27

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Love 10

• Content Count:  17

I can't see Macca joining Millwall.

Millwall  lack pace in driving the attacking phase, struggling to play through teams.

They play  a bit like we did when we struggled on the later part of last season. Continually passing around the back with no obvious options in the midfield. The transition from the defensive line to midfield is then stagnant.

The ball is eventually worked back to the goalkeeper, who launches it forward. A common theme in such scenarios like this is that Millwall eventually plays the ball long. However, such long balls can reduce passing accuracy and gift possession back to the opposition.

Subsequently. He will be fed less than the Scotland front line in Germany 2024.

So he won't go to Millwall.

• Like 9

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  54

Even if they’ve made a bid (quite possible as Pete is a proper sports journalist, I think all these sports sites have just pinched his info) we’ve no idea on the amount. Are they going to come in with a massive bid first time? I doubt it. It could just be a bit cheeky bid in the vein of if you don’t ask you don’t get…

Macauley is quite happy here, he's been interviewed plenty of times and wants to take this club into L1. Every player will have his price and if a club comes in with a huge offer and Macca is tempted to move up then it would be daft to turn it down. I’m pretty sure the club have said they have contingency plans if a key player is to move on. I'm not too worried about losing him right now, if I start to see reports on BBC, Sky Sports, The Athletic etc then I'll be worried...

• Like 3
  • Love 9

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

I don’t envision it happening just yet. I believe the club will aim to secure all their targets, but they might allow someone to potentially sign Macaulay Langstaff. The moment a team receives a substantial fee for a player, others expect you to pay a premium for players. If we are to progress, we need to recruit first and then evaluate our options. I don’t foresee him leaving us in the near future.

• Like 8

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  131

Millwall aren’t a particularly appealing club. Macca might find it a bit of a stretch from there to Newcastle. He often returns to his hometown, so I suspect he’d prefer a move closer to home. I’m not overly concerned about Millwall or Swansea City.

• Like 6

Supporter+
13 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

South London Press are a reputable organisation. Story is real

Making a bid means absolutely nothing unless it is accepted. Bids are being made for players in the transfer window multiple times a day.

Anyway, £2 million is an insult.

Don't care if the source is reputable or not, it is still click and bait transfer gossip.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  284

Notts have the upper hand, as others have pointed out, bids don’t mean much. If the club knows there’s interest, they can safeguard their asset by fostering competition to sell to the highest bidder. That being said, I’m not entirely convinced that Millwall would splurge such a large sum on a single player. The reported amount might not be entirely accurate, who can say?

• Like 7

@Robbie "The South London Press has also had confirmation that a bid has been made."

It's not "click and bait transfer gossip" when the source is reputable

The fact that Will Evans being seen at the San Sirrel, would suggest if Macca goes, a possible replacement has already been lined up?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  15

Well, the press is sometimes duped into publishing stories, but it’s more credible than the previous link. Also, it’s all a matter of ‘maybe’, so I think we just need to rein in our excitement and take things as they come. If Macaulay Langstaff departs and Will Evans is brought in as his replacement, that would be a sensible move. But first, we need to take a step back and assess things as they occur. For now, I’m treating it as speculation.

• Like 7

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  89

Agree Millwall isn't a particularly attractive club. Having said that, Millwall are a club that bounce between the Champ and L1. Pretty much every Notts fan would take that as the status quo for Notts. 

From a Notts' perspective, you don't really care on the identity of the bidding club, only the figure. 1 million + would be enough, for me. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

@Super_Danny_AllsoppI would go take £2m+ ( 50% of profits on any future transfer fee). Remember Gateshead are seemingly due a cut of any transfer fee too

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  74
  • Days Won:  6

As I seem to recall Luke Williams once saying, a bid means nothing. We could make a bid for Jamie Vardy but it doesn't mean he's coming.

And, if this is genuine, would he want to join a club which is playing games and trying to unsettle him? Why else would a club inform their local press that they've made a bid for someone? 

Sounds like they want to put stars in his eyes, and get him a cut price because he asks to leave. Maybe a sign of how he would be treated if he joined them,

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Supporter+

Macaulay Langstaff has 3 years left on his contract, Notts have a great chance of getting promoted this season if he stays for at least another year.

It just wouldn't make any sense at all if Notts sold him to a league 1 club now or even a championship club.

I believe Notts should stand firm and hold Macaulay for at least another season, if Notts do get promoted, Macca may want to stay anyway & I'm sure Notts would offer him an extension to his present contract.

I say to Notts. Please don't sell him! We need him more than we need his transfer fee. He will potentially earn Notts much more by him staying.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  13

I think the initial approach from Millwall has been turned down, although I don't know if that'll be the end of their interest.

The thing to bear in mind is that Notts are in a win-win situation. Langstaff is either our player at the beginning of September or he's been sold on and the club has a significant amount of money to put back into the squad. A like-for-like replacement would obviously be difficult, but when you think of some of the bargains Notts have landed under the current ownership (Langstaff himself, Scott, Crowley, Roberts, Rodrigues for example) it's pretty exciting to think about what we could do with the money we'd have.

• Like 6
  • Love 1