An Introduction To Ryley Reynolds

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,147
  • Days Won:  153
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Ryley Reynolds has featured in all four preseason games for Notts so far & he is getting plenty of experience playing with the senior players.

He accompanied the squad to train in the Netherlands, then on to play a friendly with the German 4th tier side Duisburg & played the full 90 minutes in midfield for Notts.

The young midfielder has recently signed his first professional contract with the club.

The 18 year-old put pen-to-paper on a two-year deal, much to the delight of academy manager Dan Leivers.

He said: “Ryley has been a mainstay in the B Team for two years and has probably been our most consistent player across that time, contributing goals and assists from midfield.

“He’s incredibly hard-working and a very technical player who does the simple things, as well as the special things, really well.

“Everyone in the academy is really happy to see Ryley have his incredible efforts rewarded and we really appreciate the club giving him this opportunity.

“Ryley is a product of our relationship with Nottingham College, which highlights the innovative pathways we’re creating to help players make it as professional footballers.”

It appears that Ryley has the confidence of Head Coach Stuart Maynard, & I wonder if Ryley will feature on the bench when the league season begins?

By all accounts he has impressed so far in those four games, so I think Ryley will be one to keep an eye on.

• Like 13

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,074
  • Days Won:  17

Well I've been banging on about giving Notts Academy Players ago, obviously the Club have been reading my Topic and have taken my Advice on Board🤣.

Lets hope SM keeps faith in young Ryley and he is Given the chance to play some first team matches, along with James Sanderson, even if it's only off the Bench. And I don't mean in the 88th or 89th minute. But if Notts Stick to their usual routine young Ryley will find himself Whisked Off  on Loan to Learn how to Play the "Men's Game" at another Club. 

• Like 13

Supporter+

He's played every friendly game so that's encouraging. If Notts only have 18 fit players to play Tranmere, that won't be good. We haven't seen Sanderson feature yet. Looks like Ryley is gone in front of Sanderson in the pecking order, although it's hard to tell with Notts. They don't give much sway.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Robbie

And with the Club not giving much away will only add to Fans Frustration. Surely they must see the Benefit of having Young Up Coming Players in the First Team Squad?

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,684
  • Days Won:  27

Ryley Reynolds is a promising player. From previous season friendlies and glimpses I’ve seen, he seems like a capable young player who would improve significantly with more game time, much like James Sanderson. I hope we don’t just loan them out but find a way to give them first-team experience. Reynolds appears to be a promising future player.

• Like 10
  • Love 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  15

It would be great to see him given an opportunity. Stuart Maynard was known for promoting young players when he arrived. It’s all about training and increasing game time to see how they develop. I wish Reynolds all the best for the upcoming season.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I have seen him play quite a few times, he looked really good against the likes of Nuneaton and Basford United. Very calm and wanting to take on players, looks to have good feet and nice passing.

Some fans I know from Long Eaton said Ryley caught their eye playing for Long Eaton United.

This type of youngster needs to be integrated more closely with the first team and given the chance to progress alongside them, if you play at a lower level - personally I think you become used to that standard, and it can lead to not adapting higher up. Whilst I encourage the club to give them some first team experience out on loan, I do think game time in our squad would better support their development.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

The Trouble with Notts is it doesn't matter if a Youngster shows Promise they always seem to Go Down off You Go Out on Loan Route. As it's been mentioned before by another PON commentator Sam Osborne was another young Player who showed much promise, but was never really given the Chance of becoming  a Permanent Senior Squad Member. Which Seems to be the Norm at Notts.

• Like 6

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

Yes, there are positive signs from him. He’s proficient with both feet, shows a willingness to participate and from the matches I’ve watched, which includes youth games, I understand the club’s perspective. They just need to commit to giving him playing time, loan him out for the first part of the season and then in the second half, allow him to accumulate appearances in our team.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Supporter+

Ryley top of the pile for minutes.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  862
  • Days Won:  1

Ryley Reynolds will likely see less playing time soon. It’s typical for a young player to participate in most of the pre-season. This is when the club begins to consider who to loan out for the upcoming season.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  3,376
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

The problem is that at the start of every season a young player is promoted and hyped up, we had this with James Sanderson and many before him. He appears to be a great talent, but I don’t think Notts does enough to further develop our young players’ abilities. At least not in the right way, they may play a few games in their tim, but the end result is always them being released. It’s disappointing that the academy does its best, only for the first team to sideline them or underutilise them.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

@TheSkipper

Exactly Right it always does seem the same, Notts get an up and coming Young Talent who is paraded in Front of the Notts Faithful and receives a few sentences in the Local Media, he'll play in a few Pre-Season Games and perhaps a couple of Cup matches, then off he goes out on Loan. Never to be heard of again, until is Contract is up and he moves away. How many Talented youngsters as that Happened to at Notts, over the Years?

There should be at Least  a couple of the Academy players given a Run of six or so matches to see how they fare. I think it will become Clear Pretty Quickly if the Player as it in him to become a  Full Time Squad Member. It's been stated that Stuart Maynard likes to Develop Young Players, but the thing is will the Powers that be at Notts Allow Him To Do So?

• Like 5

Supporter+

I don't think that sending young players out on loan actually does anything for their development.

I really do believe that a club should introduce a young player like Ryley at the very beginning of a season like Notts have done.

Play Ryley in the preseason friendlies & if he performs well, like it looks as if he has done, get him on the bench for the league matches, & bring him on as a substitute at some point.

I would also give him a start in the Cup matches too

Ryley knows the Notts system of playing and can easily fit into it. Alex Ferguson was a Manager who put his trust in young players and it worked for him big time.

Some team in the future will benefit from his undoubted talent. Why shouldn't it be Notts?

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

james sanderson looks a good player, he was the focus of last season. a lot of youngsters from the friendlies stood out and a flurry signed pro deals. we never hear much from these young players, i wished the media team at notts would focus a little more on them. our young players seem an after support.

the club gets fans on board with supporting them through their hard work but there is no physical push or desire to make sure that they are integrated properly into the first team.

• Like 7

It would seem an Awful lot of PON Members commenting on this Thread are in Favour of Giving Academy Players a Chance at getting into the Notts Senior Squad and it would seem Most agree it won't Happen. Do You Know What Gentle men I Would Love To Debate This With Richard Montague, and I'm Sure Many Of You Would Like To Do The Same. So if anybody at the Club ever Visits PON tell the Head Of Recruitment lets have a Chat.

• Like 3

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

I think that if you have 10 good players in a side, a team can afford to have an up & coming youngster like Ryley or Sanderson in the side. 

We had a strong side against Duisburg for 80 minutes & Ryley was doing quite well by all accounts, and he didn't appear to be out of place, so there's no need not to give our best youngsters a chance.

• Like 1

You Know That @Robbie and it appears most Fans on this thread who have seen Ryley Play Know That. The thing is does He who run's the The First team (and I'm Not Talking Stuart Maynard here) Know that? Like I've said Before Ryley is a promising young Talent. He's played in all the Preseason Games so far this Season a few more Preseason games and perhaps  an appearance off the Bench in a couple of Games, this  Will go down in his Notts Portfolio to be badgered about to Clubs higher in the Football Pyramid until  a Club is willing to pay an Undisclosed Fee for him and  then it's So Long Notts. And yet another Promising Young Player disappears into the Sun Set, without playing for the Magpies Long Enough to be of any Benefit to the First team. James Sanderson will probably Go The Same Way.

• Sad 1

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

I think that would be very sad. If the club had another open meeting  a question should be asked about what the board feels what the point of the academy is.

To nurture players for the senior side or to develop players to just loan out or sell on.

• Like 1

@Robbie

I  Honestly think it will be the latter part of your Comment. you only have to look at Lucien Mahovo, I read the article on the PON site and in it, it was stated 

While we're very Keen to see Graduates like Lucien go on and Establish Themselves in our First team...? So a 5 or 6 minute appearance in the last Match of the  Season is Considered a Player as Established Themselves in the Notts First Team. Really? Who ever quoted that should be an MP because they sound as Honest as one.

Let's get One Thing Straight  the Notts Academy Players are Not There To Progress into the Notts First team, their just there to see how Much Notts Can Sell Them For  In The Future and That Is My Honest Opinion.

• Like 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,662
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

The issue here is really the lack of a B team, in terms of an old style competitive Central League ( for those older fans)

Will Ryley be trusted enough to be worthy of a place on the bench?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,856
  • Days Won:  5

Ryley Reynolds looks impressive, but I do hope James Sanderson is still in contention for game time. There’s no point in pushing young players into the first-team squad environment if someone else takes priority each season. It’s exciting to see young talent, but it’s disappointing when we don’t properly nurture them. Reynolds and Sanderson could be two future stars for us if we did.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  381
  • Days Won:  0

With a fresh batch of young players, it becomes particularly challenging to find your opportunity to play more in a first-team environment. Ryley Reynolds appears to be a promising player, but like others, a change of head coach could easily alter his situation. I sincerely hope that one day, we will have several home-grown talents ready to compete.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  348

It’s beneficial when the club releases videos like this, providing an opportunity to learn more about Ryley Reynolds. He appears to be a highly promising player, and I hope he demonstrates a strong enough character to push for more game time.

The same goes for all the younger and fringe players. Competition is the best way to achieve good form.

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  131

He’s performed well in the pre-season so far, and I’m pleased he’s had such a prominent role. However, it’s disappointing when this doesn’t translate into league games. It appears that Ryley Reynolds might be considered for play, but there seem to be few rewards for performing well, as young players are often easily overlooked by the club.

• Like 2