Welcome to Notts, Lucas Ness

Robbie

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,441
  • Days Won:  164
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Lucas looks to be another signing for Notts, where they are looking towards the future.

Director Richard Montague said:- Quote:“Sometimes, in the transfer market, an opportunity presents itself which is too good to pass up, and the board are in agreement that this is one of those instances.

“Lucas is an outstanding young defender who has huge potential to improve over the duration of his contract, so we’re very excited to bring him to Meadow Lane".

• Like 15

• Robbie changed the title to Welcome to Notts, Lucas Ness

• Content Count:  7,441
  • Days Won:  164
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Lucas Benjamin Ness is 22 years old and 6ft 3ins tall. 

He was born in Kingston upon Thames.

Notts have themselves another tall defender.

Lucas came through the youth ranks of the Metropolitan Police & made 9 first team appearances for them in 2019.

He moved to Charlton & made 29 appearances for their first team between 2020 & 2022.

He then went on loan to Hampton & Richmond Borough in Feb 2022, where he made 13 appearances.

In Oct 2022 in went on loan to Torquay Utd where he made 6 appearances before being recalled by Charlton in Dec 2023.

He has signed for Notts on a 3 year contract and Notts have an option to extend it to four.

Charlton have a sell on clause if Notts sell him on, so that demonstrates that Charlton thinks highly of Lucas.

With the signing of Lucas, Notts have a lot of options for their defence now, & it is clear, Notts have gone a long way to address those defensive problems of last season, & the weaknesses in their squad.

Looks like Notts have another good defender too, looking at the favourable tweets from Charlton fans.

• Like 11
  • Love 3

• Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Very good defender, I thought this would have been a loan when I first noticed the news. I didn't think Charlton would allow him to go, but I think we have secured a very good young talented player.

At 22-years-old, he could flourish inside like ours and I hope we can get the best out of him. Plenty of Charlton fans are singing his praises and wishing him well.

• Like 10
  • Love 4

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  2

I’m really pleased with this signing. It’s driving me mad how some Notts fans insist on mentioning our need for a striker with every bit of news.

Welcome, Lucas Ness! I do hope the next signing is a striker, but let’s not go on about it.

I believe we could benefit from signing a striker, but I’ll keep quiet about it when it’s unrelated.

• Like 3
  • Love 9

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,090

It does look like a good signing, and I am happy with it. I think Lucas Ness looks like a solid addition to the team. I am not concerned that he’s recovering from an injury; we can afford to give him time to come back to action. As for wanting a striker, I think we all do, but maybe Notts hasn’t identified a reachable target as of now? Welcome, Lucas Ness.

• Like 11

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,131

Good signing. I think he will do well for us and grow with the opportunities we present him. He looks like a very solid defender, and at our level, he should give us a boost.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  277
  • Days Won:  0

We seem to have struck gold with this signing. Ness’s proven capabilities in League One and his distinguished stint with Charlton Athletic make him a strong addition to our squad. The fact that he can be pivotal in several defensive roles offers great flexibility and depth to our team’s backline.

I also commend the strategic thinking of allowing Ness the time he needs to return to full fitness. Ensuring that he is ready and raring to go will help him make an immediate impact on the pitch. Exciting times ahead for Notts; our defence is shaping up very nicely! Welcome to Notts County, Lucas Ness!

• Like 3
  • Love 7

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

He's a very good defender. Notts has shown some smart recruitment here because he will tick boxes with how flexible he is to cover positions. I think this is a great capture for us, I am looking forward to seeing Lucas Ness play for us when the time is right. Charlton Athletic have let go a player who had the potential to be a regular starter for them.

A few more seasons, I am certain he would have been in the mix of their defence.

Spoiler

It's quite ironic that in my Football Manager 2020 game, I ended up signing Alex Bass, Lucas Ness, and Nick Troussla for Gillingham - before they were signed by us. Bass and Ness tend to be two good signings to make in FIFA's career mode but enough about that. 😛 

• Love 9

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  54

I’ve seen a few of our fans mention him as a possible signing they’d have liked over the summer, my only memory/reason to know his name is from watching him for Charlton when they played Cray Valley in the FA Cup and he scored an own goal so we'll gloss over that!

From what I can gather the Charlton fans seem to think it’s a good move for him and I agree the added future sell on fee is encouraging, it shows the Charlton board clearly think he’s capable of moving back up the leagues.

So yeah, another young promising player who on a 3-year deal (possibly even 4) has got plenty of time to develop. There's plenty of options and competition at the back now, that is a real positive and something that was sadly lacking last season.

• Like 3
  • Love 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I don’t know much about Lucas but I’m confident the recruitment team will have done their homework, they’ve certainly signed some gems in the past and I’ve no reason to believe this player will be any different.

• Like 9

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

it looks to be a good signing, i think from what i have read he does sound very promising. a bit miffed at the off the line blogs tweet. i know two charlton fans who said that he is a talented defender. reading charlton fans online, i dont think he would fall under straightforward. it comes across as a safe way to give praise.

we have been signing players based on their season stats, potential and ability. i get the joke about torquay but its an easy thing to point out. we have not signed that many in truth.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,464
  • Days Won:  5

I’m looking forward to seeing how he fits into the team. He sounds like a reliable defender and is at an age where he could improve with more game time. It’s a very promising addition to the Notts squad.

• Like 7

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

Sounds promising. Apparently he likes to go swimming in Scottish lakes to unwind. But I'd take that with a inch of salt as nobody has ever been able to spot him.

• Haha 6

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

I hope he is comfortable putting his neck on the line defensively and isn’t afraid to get his picture taken in the process. Lucas Ness looks like a quality player. I am happy we haven’t settled with just what we have. Although I don’t think we needed another arrival in this area, I am more than happy to welcome him, especially since he will strengthen us. 🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  184

Lucas Ness is a very exciting prospect. If we had signed him earlier, during the pre-season, I believe many fans would have been thrilled to see him join Notts. The depth and quality we have in defence might make some overlook his arrival, but his potential is very promising.

We have to hope that a player like Ness can settle in and rediscover what worked for him at Charlton, especially in a new squad. That isn’t always easy, but the transition will come in time. I’m delighted that Ness is now a Notts player.

• Like 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  210

I am waiting to see what Lucas Ness is like. I think we are much stronger defensively. Given time, the defenders should be able to form a good partnership, no matter who plays what role. It will be good to see Ness play for Notts.

• Like 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,460
  • Days Won:  15

@DangerousSausage I heard Lucas Ness is so elusive on the pitch that he could actually be the Loch Ness Monster in disguise. But I’d take that with a pinch of salt as nobody has ever been able to spot him either! ;) 

• Haha 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,725
  • Days Won:  27

Lucas Ness should be a good addition. In time, I hope he proves that he was a good signing. I like that we have sorted out the defense and not settled for what we have. I don't think we need any more defenders or midfielders. I think Sam Slocombe and Aidan Stone are good enough as backups. I just wish we had another option up front. But I welcome Ness to the club.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  1

I’m not sure what to expect, but if he wants to join the team—this applies to everyone—he will need to work hard because it won't just happen by chance. I look forward to seeing him play in our shirt.

• Like 1