Alassana Jatta: In The Goals.

Robbie

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Eight goals from his last eleven appearances for Notts. The early signs are good.

• Like 14
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

He works hard and is a much different striker than Macaulay Langstaff, which isn’t a knock. Although some of his goals are tap-ins, that’s a sign of his ability to read the game and how play can open up. It’s not a bad thing in my eyes.

• Like 5
  • Love 8

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

He’s an integral part of the team, but this doesn’t mean we don’t need one more option upfront. I would give Cedwyn Scott a chance, allowing a different midfielder to play further up, maybe Curtis Edwards, or the club could bring someone in. Scott has goals in him if we play him in the right place. Yet, Alassana Jata has proven his worth with his early impact last season and his very good start to this campaign.

• Like 12
  • Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Jatta is definitely looking like a good acquisition, this is a good article from Football League paper.

IMG_0206.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Love 3

• Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I've observed that Alex Bass consistently calls out for Alassana Jatta to aid in defending corners. His height and speed are two areas which give us an advantage, but his ball control and ability to hold up play is outstanding. He's a good finisher too.

No doubt the best striker we have at the club, but I do agree with comments about playing Cedwyn Scott as a striker too.

Jatta will get goals, because he's well above the level of League Two, and he fits our system incredibly well.

• Like 5
  • Love 7

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

I really like him, considering he'd just moved to a new country he did incredibly well to come into the team immediately and have an impact. He should feel more settled now with a pre-season and with the summer signings he's no longer the new boy.

There's just something about his presence which I think gets us crossing the ball in more often, last season at times I thought we didn't cross the ball when we had the chance because Macca was surrounded but with Jatta, he's got the ability to out jump and out muscle a centre-back. 

Mad to think we've lost a player as good as Macca, yet I'm not worried about this team not being able to score and right now Jatta is a big reason for that.

• Like 3
  • Love 8

• Content Count:  628
  • Days Won:  1

I didn’t think we needed him last season, but he helped us get back on track. He’s a good striker, works very hard, and enjoys making things difficult for the opposing team.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Alassana has given Notts a new dimension up front this season.

He is good at timing his runs to score from close range, He's good in the air & poses a threat to the opposition at corners & free kicks into the area. 

He can win long balls from either the goalkeeper or defenders & bring other Notts players into play.

And he's tall and strong too.

Opposing teams haven't found a way to counter him yet. Long may it continue.

• Like 7

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

I’m not worried about goals with this squad, but I am concerned that if Jatta gets injured or suspended, we’ll have to rely on David McGoldrick and Cedwyn Scott. Scott is being played in a position that doesn’t seem natural to him. If he moved up front, it might take time for him to adjust. That’s why we need a signing like Macaulay Langstaff.

Jatta is a fantastic talent, and I’m sure he’ll score goals and do well in our team. Wanting another option isn’t about replacing him, but about having more depth and quality.

As I said, he’ll get goals. It would be great to hear his chant more and see him score more. He’s a very important part of the squad.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  741
  • Days Won:  2

Alassana Jatta has done well for Notts. He didn’t need much time to settle, and that stood out to me. I don’t worry about goals; Jatta and others will get them. I am pleased he has become such an important part of this Notts County squad.

• Like 8

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  580

He’s a class act as a striker and should improve. I think he fits our system very well, and as long as he puts in the effort, I’m happy with him as our main striker. He scores plenty of goals and can hold the ball up well for others. I don’t think his place in the squad needs any validation.

• Like 7

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,896
  • Days Won:  5

Jatta will get goals. He proved himself last season, and I think he deserves to be the starting option up front. David McGoldrick will contribute, but Jatta is the long-term future and is getting those important goals for us. He has a knack for cropping up when we need a goal, so I hope he continues to do well.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  734
  • Days Won:  3

Jatta is a good option up front. He will score goals and works hard. I also agree that he's more than capable of being our main striker. I hope he enjoys the season and scores a hat-trick at some point.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

He's been brilliant since arriving, when I first watched him play his first few games. I was surprised by how well he could hold the ball up, including when being pushed, manhandled and pulled. At times, it's like the ball is glued to his feet. No matter what opposition players throw at him. This season, he's started off well. I am happy with him being our main striker, as he will continue to get goals and his height is of a huge benefit.

We have lacked a tall striker since Kyle Wootton left, another player I really rated. Jatta has the ability to be our highest goalscorer, provided we keep creating chances for him.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• Content Count:  1,094

Alassana Jatta shouldn't be playing in League Two. I am glad he is with us because we are stronger with him as an option. He has a lot of positive attributes that make him good at this level. I think if we can get him into positions where he can use his feet to shoot more, he would score a lot more goals. His finishing, especially from outside the box, seems very good. I know he hit the post recently, but every striker has those moments.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

the facts do say a lot about jatta, he can be a threat on goal and i can see him being a big part of our squad. he is a good striker that has the ability to score goals in many ways. not picking faults, but it would be nice to see a few more goals from his heading ability, such a tall player would be prime for those types of chances.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Jatta is a goalscorer, there's no doubt about it. With the right approach, he will score goals that will help us secure wins. He's a very good player, and I enjoy watching him outskill players who should be more agile than him. For his size, he's a beast on the ball.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  494
  • Days Won:  1

Jatta did very well when he first arrived; he seemed to fit in nicely and has taken the chance to be our main striker. He has scored goals, and not every game will suit him to start, but even so, he will still get opportunities. Sometimes, I think his height could make a difference when coming on from the bench, but right now, he is crucial for starting matches.

• Like 1